main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One Poll: Who is your favorite character of Rogue One?

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Ricardo Funes, Jan 24, 2017.

?

Who is your favorite character of Rogue One?

1. Jyn Erso

16.7%
  2. Cassian Andor

13.8%
  3. Orson Krennic

9.2%
  4. Chirrut Îmwe

18.0%
  5. Baze Malbus

1.1%
  6. K-2SO

19.8%
  7. Bodhi Rook

3.5%
  8. Saw Gerrera

2.9%
  9. Admiral Raddus

3.7%
  10. Darth Vader

11.2%
  1. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    Almost a 4-way tie ! And look how many votes Vader has got, I guess the Dark Side is strong with many fans !

2. Dak Oolron

Dak Oolron Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 24, 2014
    For me it was tied between K2 and Chirrut. I actually meant to vote for K2, but derped out and selected Chirrut instead- oh well, haha.

Btw, I really enjoyed Saw and Director Krennic as interesting characters (actors did a great job), but I wouldn't saw they were my favorite characters of the movie.

3. Darth__Lobot

Darth__Lobot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 29, 2015

Yeah that dude was awesome - just a perfect casting job for that role.... He could have stepped right out of ANH

4. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    I chose Cassian Andor, as I found him to have the most depth out the characters and an good foil for Jyn. Plus it's great to see spy as an major character in star wars, even if he wasn't a bothan. :p

DL44Jo and Jim Smith like this.
  5. Microsoft Edgy

Microsoft Edgy Jedi Youngling

Mar 19, 2017
    K2 is easily the best character. For a droid he has the most character in Rogue One....

Force Smuggler likes this.
  6. Crix-Madine

Crix-Madine Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2000
    Good group and overall cast. Liked Saw a lot and hope to see a great deal more story on him.

Nice that they lifted the Kytle Katarn/Jan Ors characters from JK and simply swapped positions and genders for this leads in this film. It worked marvelously. I was disappointed when they "blew away" the EU but glad to see them taking the best writing and ideas for the new material.

DL44Jo and Jim Smith like this.
  7. Edrio Two Tubes

Edrio Two Tubes Jedi Padawan

Dec 19, 2016
    Why aren't I on the list?

8. DarthXela

DarthXela Jedi Master

May 26, 2005
    Voted for Krennic. I've always liked opportunistic, power-hungry Imperial officers.
    Some of his lines during the first scene especially the way he delivered them made me laugh, "My condolences... Search the house!" and "Oh look its Lyra, back from the dead. It's a miracle"

Plus, he had a pretty awesome cape.

DL44Jo, Blue 5, Dak Oolron and 2 others like this.
  9. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    Kinda sad to see Baze with only two votes. He was a fantastic character.

10. Darth Dnej

Darth Dnej Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2013

Yeah, Krennic makes me laugh quite a bit. I love his first line, and how he gestures around after asking "really?". Krennic has only been in Catalyst and Rogue One and I already find him more compelling than Grand Moff Tarkin I suppose it's just easier to root for someone who is so put-upon. Plus, I kind of felt bad for Krennic. I mean he is evil, but not as much as his superiors.

If you can't tell, Krennic is my favorite.

DL44Jo, Ricardo Funes and Guidman like this.
  11. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Despite having watched ANH probably somewhere between 500-1,000 times in my lifetime, I honestly began questioning whether or not Blue Leader was a character in ANH when I first saw Rogue One. That character is so ingeniously conceived and realized.

DL44Jo, Blue 5, La Calavera and 4 others like this.
  12. darth_mccartney

darth_mccartney Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2008
    As much as I love K2SO, I went with Krennic. He's powerful but powerLESS when Tarkin is around, he's confident and aspirational, he's just a great character. Not your average cut-and-paste bad guy. To the point that you feel kind of sorry for him when Tarkin is undermining his every step.

Plus Mendo put on a great performance. The delivery of the lines and the nuances to the performance are fantastic.

Absolute shame they never kept that "the power we are dealing with here is immeasurable" line from the trailers!

13. Dak Oolron

Dak Oolron Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 24, 2014
    If it makes any difference, I liked Jyn and Cassian and thought the actors were a good fit for the lead roles, but I got teary-eyed when Bodhi, Chirrut, Baze, and K2 died, but NOT with Jyn & Cassian, strangely enough...

DL44Jo, Darth Dnej and Ricardo Funes like this.
  14. Jim Smith

Jim Smith Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 5, 2017
    I wish that you guys had an all of the above option. Seriously the people in Rogue One are so likable. :D

DL44Jo, Dak Oolron, EHT and 3 others like this.
  15. Beskad

Beskad Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2017
    I agree, Krennic is actually my favorite character in the movie. One could argue that the things he does are for good reason and not wholly evil, and he stands against Tarkin whose character is actually seemingly developed more by the movie as well.

Krennic was lucky and got an opportunity to work for the Advanced Weapons Division. he fights and claws his way against more privileged people and knows that this weapons systems function is he one shot to become more. Right at the cusp of achievement, Tarkin executes his ruthless nature and snubs Krennic's plans, culminating in Krennics death by essentially what is his lifework.

16. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    I had to pick Chirrut. I actually started to tear up when he died.

DL44Jo, Dak Oolron, Sarge and 2 others like this.
  17. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Cassian, by far. The scene when he meets with, and later kills, his informant on the Ring of Kafrene is when I knew this wasn't going to be like a "classic" Star Wars movie, but something different. His moral dilemma is the arc I felt most invested in throughout the film, and some of my favorite scenes directly involve either his choices, his struggle with making a choice, or the rationale behind what he does: the aforementioned Ring of Kafrene scene, his silent internal struggle with whether to follow orders and kill Galen or follow his conscience and let him life, and his "I've been in this fight since I was six years old" speech to Jyn. A fantastic, morally complex character perfectly brought to life by Luna's performance, and he looks cool to boot.

18. Jim Smith

Jim Smith Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 5, 2017

Make that three votes. ;)

DL44Jo likes this.
  19. Wrenegade

Wrenegade Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2015
    Okay but where's Tarkin in that poll?

20. Blue 5

Blue 5 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2017
    Baze was amazing as support. They wouldn't have escaped Eadu without him.

DL44Jo and Force Smuggler like this.
  21. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    This.
    I still can't vote. [face_dunno]

DL44Jo and Ricardo Funes like this.
  22. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    All of them are very likable because they are just regular people doing extraordinary things.

DL44Jo, Jim Smith and Sarge like this.
  23. Seeker Of The Whills

Seeker Of The Whills Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Chirrut. He was a faithful of the Force in the same vein as Qui-Gon.

DL44Jo, KSkywalker, wobbits and 3 others like this.
  24. Dareth

Dareth Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 20, 2015
    K-2SO for sure, that droid is one of my favorites in canon now. Wish we knew him longer :_|:storm:

DL44Jo likes this.
  25. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    I'm hoping we'll eventually get a Rogue One prequel.

DL44Jo and V-2 like this.