main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hasbro annnounces Forces of Destiny Adventure Figures

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by PadmeLeiaJaina, Apr 13, 2017.

1. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Glendale, Calif. (April 12, 2017 – 9:00PM PST) – Disney and Lucasfilm today announced Star Wars Forces of Destiny, a new initiative celebrating the inspiring stories of iconic heroes from across the Star Wars universe. An original series of animated shorts (each 2-3 minutes in length) will explore exciting, all new adventures of key characters including Rey, Jyn Erso, Sabine Wren, Princess Leia,Ahsoka Tano and others, ahead of books and a TV special later in the year. The stories will also be supported by a line of toys from Hasbro, including new ‘Adventure Figures’ – a fusion between traditional dolls and action figures, creating a whole new way to play Star Wars.

“Star Wars Forces of Destiny is for anyone who has been inspired by Leia’s heroism, Rey’s courage, orAhsoka’s tenacity,” said Kathleen Kennedy, President of Lucasfilm. “We’re thrilled that so many of the original actors are reprising their roles in these shorts which capture the small moments and everyday decisions that shape who these characters are. It is a fun new way for people to experience Star Wars.”

Developed by Lucasfilm Animation, Star Wars Forces of Destiny will remain true to the Star Warscanon, showing how choices both big and small ultimately shape the destinies of beloved characters. Launching in July, the animated micro-series will be available on Disney YouTube ahead of a two-part TV special featuring eight additional shorts on Disney Channel in Fall 2017. Fans will be delighted to hear familiar voices in the series, including: Daisy Ridley (Rey), Felicity Jones (Jyn), Tiya Sircar (Sabine), Ashley Eckstein (Ahsoka Tano) and Lupita Nyong’o (Maz Kanata as narrator).

Star Wars Forces of Destiny will also be supported by global product extensions, such as books, apparel, bedding, and toys – including the new line of ‘Adventure Figures’ created by Hasbro, which bridges the gap between traditional action figures and dolls. Each individually designed figure features dynamic action, like Rey swinging her lightsaber, along with multiple points of articulation to help recreate the characters’ adventures and heroic moments with different poses.

“From Princess Leia to Sabine Wren, Star Wars heroines are unique, and we wanted to represent that in the product line for Star Wars Forces of Destiny,” said Jimmy Pitaro, Chairman, Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media. “The result is the creation of our new ‘Adventure Figures’ that celebrate the power and stories of these incredible characters and allow kids to recreate their most heroic moments at home.”

The 11-inch figures will depict characters including Rey, Jyn Erso, Princess Leia, Sabine Wren, plus loveable sidekicks and epic villains like BB-8, Chewbacca, Kylo Ren and many more. Hasbro is also rolling out Star Wars Forces of Destiny role play and accessories—from Rey’s Extendable Staff, to a new, electronic Jedi Power Lightsaber toy, which are part of the Star Wars Bladebuilders system.

Adds John Frascotti, President of Hasbro: “As the Star Wars fan base has broadened over the last 40 years, we have continued to add new and exciting play experiences to the Star Wars brand, to engage fans across generations. We’ve worked closely with Disney to bring the storytelling from Star WarsForces of Destiny to life through this innovative toy line to help connect with new audiences as well as appeal to existing fans.”

Fans attending Star Wars Celebration in Orlando will see a sneak peek of Star Wars Forces of Destinyduring the “Heroines of Star Wars” panel on Friday, April 14. The panel, moderated by Amy Ratcliffe – host of “Lattes with Leia” podcast, will feature Carrie Beck – vice president of animation at Lucasfilmand Dave Filoni – executive producer of Star Wars Rebels, as well as Ashley Eckstein, Tiya Sircar and other surprise guests. For a first look at the new Star Wars Forces of Destiny Adventure Figures, stop by Hasbro booth #2744.

Stay tuned to StarWars.com for more details.

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Cuteness!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Chewie is hilarious

[​IMG]

whostheBossk likes this.
  3. SatineNaberrie

SatineNaberrie Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2014
    They look like Barbie dolls.....I don't like Barbies.

4. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    I kinda like em. I may pick them up.

5. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    We finally have dolls/toys for girls to play with! The faces on them look a lot like the Descendents dolls that they're now producing except that the SW girls have molded clothes. I think they're beyond cute and since I've been screaming for these sorts of things for years, I'll be picking up the whole line. Likely they'll be very affordable, so here's hoping they spark a new big line.

I'm rather irritated that there's no Padme.

OMG thanks to Jedi Temple Archives!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More views

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    Endor Leia:

[​IMG]

Bespin Luke and Yoda:

[​IMG]

I adore the looks of those two! I wouldn't be surprised if we get a padme soon. Although it could be Natalie's reluctance to talk about the franchise that's causing hang up's with mercy for Padme. Anakin and Obi-wan stuff is still coming, and both Ewan and Hayden are still active in the fandom. That might have something to do with it.

PadmeLeiaJaina likes this.
  7. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    This is literally the first Leia doll ever produced w/ her Endor celebration dress. I'm beyond excited. I think Luke looks great.

Natalie has been warming to it since Disney bought the franchise. They have just been stingy in allowing anything prequels to be made.

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  8. General_Leia_Organa

General_Leia_Organa Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 23, 2016
  9. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    Good! I hope she comes around, and visits Celebration or something. That'd be good. The prequels seem to be getting re-evaluated, and the actors can help contribute to the positivity of it.

I'm actually really starting to like the look of these things. I'm still not sure if I'll collect them (I don't have the room for the lines I DO have) but they're very nice.

10. TheSithWriter

TheSithWriter Jedi Master

Aug 7, 2003
    I may get some of them for my daughter, but keep the smaller bits (blasters) so she doesn't lose them.

11. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Ha! Add 20 to that and you've got me. I might need one of those twin comforters just to have as a blanket in my Star Wars room (the sheets are CUTE, don't need them but I really like them.) An all girl-themed Star Wars bedding set is a FIRST for the franchise - woohoo! I got excited recently looking on Target's site and saw that Jyn was on the Rogue One bedding that they had there, it was gray and black though color-wise. I'm definitely going to need to get myself those extra bookshelves I need, I need new places for extending some of my displays. With the Endor Leia my Endor shelf will explode over maximum capacity. I might need just an Endor Leia shelf....boy I never thought I'd be saying that. With Hot Toys coming out w/ a Hoth Leia and this one my Hoth display needs room to expand also.

I'm just really excited, I hope Grandparents, Dads, and Moms run out and get these all for their little girls - and boys can play with them too. I would've had every single one as a kid.

Well you don't need all of them - I'd say pick up any that really catch your eye like the Leia's so it will help encourage Hasbro to keep producing more toys for girls.

12. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    They all kinda catch my eye, haha. I'll probably get Jyn for sure.

13. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Rebelscum had some close up pics of the girl's faces, Rey has freckles :)

Ahsoka Tano figure announced for this line!

[​IMG]

14. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Trailer for the video. I read online that apparently Padme is getting videos, she just wasn't mentioned. This video shows someone voicing Anakin - so maybe wave 2?

15. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    That Ashoka is GREAT! And cool on anakin/Padme!

16. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    Ahsoka looks quite good actually.

Any reason they didn't mention Ventress?

17. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    I am really looking forward to these! Ahsoka's figure looks amazing. This would have been something my daughter would have loved as a kid.

18. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    They mentioned that there will be bad guys, I think they only mentioned Kylo, but who knows. I would think maybe Ventress would be on the list if they are going to do Clone Wars era dolls.

I'm thinking Vader will have to be made and probably Phasma.

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  19. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    Phasma for sure. She's a woman, and she's a current character, whose also getting a MAJOR push this year with a book and comic series.

20. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
  21. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    Definitely the best Ahsoka figure we've gotten, IMO. I'll definitely be picking that one up.

22. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
  23. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    Not too big on these. But I'm glad to see them making them.

24. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Well they're not made for collectors, they're being made for younger kids as cross overs between dolls/figures so boys and girls can play together. I think it's a great idea that's been a LONG time coming for a market that's been completely ignored for decades. I just hope that parents flock to buy them for their kids.

For my own personal collection, these are going to be amazing awesome additions, but I suspect that they'll appeal to a niche set of collectors - which is fine, we don't all have to collect exactly the same thing all of the time, that would be boring :)

MrMojoRisin likes this.
  25. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    It looks like Yakface has gotten hold of pricing for these dolls. Standard dolls $19.99 - those w/ counterparts prices will vary based on the counterpart/sidekick from $24.99-34.99. Endor Leia is the highest so far at $34.99 but she'll come w/ Wicket and an extra outfit. I suspect that Chewie will be sold by himself so he can be sold to go w/ Leia or Rey.

Not bad and is about the price point range I was expecting.