main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo [Official Info] Solo: A Star Wars Story - May 25, 2018

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by newdawn12, Dec 29, 2014.

1. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    21 & 22 Jump St. Both a whole lot funnier than they should be.
    Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs.

B99 likes this.
  2. HaloWithStyle

HaloWithStyle Jedi Master star 2

May 11, 2015
    I screamed like a frightened little girl when the camera panned to the alien.

3. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012

[​IMG]

Baron_Papanerd, 11-4D and Avnar like this.
  4. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    I like that alien!

5. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    Maybe his name is Ix-Yees.

Great design. I like the jacket. Some great emotion they're able to get out of this guy.

6. Dominick1216

Dominick1216 Jedi Master star 1

Feb 23, 2013
    Does Han have a definite age in canon? I remember him being 10 years older than Luke and Leia in Legends. Just trying to come up with how many years this takes place before ANH.

7. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    The rumour is that it is set about 10 years prior to ANH isn't it...? Some sections will be Han slightly younger (like Jyn Erso)

Mostly Handless likes this.
  8. Dominick1216

Dominick1216 Jedi Master star 1

Feb 23, 2013
    Yeah, I remember that rumor. So, the movie will be mostly take place when he's 24, but will probably begin when he's 18?

9. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001

I found this This Article that says it'll cover Han's life from ages 18-24. If he's 30 in ANH this movie would start approximately 12BBY or 8 years after ROTS.

10. GregMcP

Jul 7, 2015
    I'd like it to end 10 minutes before Star Wars, just like Rogue.

Han sitting in the Cantina, having a slow drink, pondering what he is going to do about Jabba, and he looks up to see an old man in a bath robe walking towards him.

11. DemonKingBalor32

DemonKingBalor32 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 19, 2017

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm not saying i wanna see i but i would be curious as to how that would have gone over if it was in the flick

12. GregMcP

Jul 7, 2015
    I like the idea of starting the movie with young Han as a care free Mowgli in the jungle. Swinging on vines, singing "Look for the Bare Necessities..."

PCCViking likes this.
  13. ladygrey45

ladygrey45 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2015
    this is the one I'm least excited for honestly not to be negative like where do you guys think the story will go?

14. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Me too... But that's what will be so cool if it's good! I felt that way about RO and it was better (imo) that every SW film since the OT [face_peace]

Artoo-Dion likes this.
  15. Jonipoon

Jonipoon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2014
    I don't think so. They'll probably leave it open and have the movie end a couple of years prior to ANH, since they'd definitely want to do a sequel in case this one is very successful.

ladygrey45 likes this.
  16. theForceChangesYou

theForceChangesYou Jedi Youngling

Apr 18, 2017
    This is the worst idea for a Star Wars movie, ever. George would have never gone this route.

This is another horrible idea, as was Rogue One.

Just adding my 2 cents.

17. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    You mean the same George who was planning on delving into how Han won the Falcon, etc. in a TV series?

18. theForceChangesYou

theForceChangesYou Jedi Youngling

Apr 18, 2017

Tv series is fine. Not the movies. George stated his movies and those than he had planned were about family and generations etc. These spin-off movies are a waste of time and just cash grabs. Actually, Rogue One as part of a Star Wars tv series, would've worked great.

19. ladygrey45

ladygrey45 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2015
    I liked Rouge one I wish we got a lil more with Jyns character but yeah I think if this movie is awesome I'm going to be pleasantly surprised I trust disney and LF its just the story is like eh right now, but I do like all the actors as well too.

20. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    Knoll initially pitched R1 as part of the same TV series, believe it or not.

But during the sale, Lucas handed to Kathleen Kennedy ideas for a sequel trilogy and a set of spinoffs. Indeed, when he was planning 12 movies in the late '70s, they included three spinoff films, such as a film about Wookiees. (That latter idea ended up becoming the Holiday Special.)

In short, the idea of spinoff films was George's, and it dates all the way back to the immediate wake of the original Star Wars. This is all from him.

21. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    This argument really annoys me. Most movies are cash grabs.... its a money-making industry.

Would you rather go back to pre-Disney days with no movies? To me one new movie every 12 months is a dream come true.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

22. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    That's hilarious because it was literally his idea. All the standalone films apart from Rogue One are directly from Lucas. Lawrence Kasdan was brought on to start the script for this movie by Lucas and Kennedy before the Disney sale even happened. I think Kasdan was apparently as shocked by the Disney/Lucasfilm news as the rest of us were.

23. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    I don't understand this point of view... Every film wants to make money! I guess another thing I don't understand is people that talk about "Fan service" um...er...what's wrong with wanting to keep your fan base happy?? [face_dunno]

24. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    This movie was George's idea, dude [face_laugh]

25. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    lol