main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Star Wars: Battlefront (2015) & Battlefront 2 (2017) [Mod Approved]

Discussion in 'Community' started by IG_2000, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Robby

Robby Jedi Knight

Nov 17, 2015
    I am very excited for a single player campaign, especially with it being canon because that matters a lot to me. I was also initially shocked but am now very excited to play from an Imperial's point of view. Not only that, but from an Imperial who was from a planet that willingly joined the Empire. Also can't wait to see what happened during the time between ROTJ and TFA.

I find myself always expecting to play as a "good guy " aka the Rebellion or a Jedi (and I'll admit that I root for and identify with the Rebellion in the films) that this feels fresh and like a little bit of a guilty pleasure to explore being an Imperial and forming the First Order.

I hope the campaign will include all 3 eras as well as well and I think that they can do it. If the Death Star 2 blew up 23 years after Empire Day that would mean that the main character Iden Versio could be 25-30 years old she sees it go boom. Leaving enough time for her to be child and witness the Jedi "try to assume control of the Republic."

Just my thoughts.

Padme501st and Kynirin like this.
  2. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    The Luke sections are most intriguing to me. I think we'll see the swashbuckling hero, before Ben's massacre changed things.

3. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    same here. though what really intrigues me is that i'm hoping we get at least one mission post Jakku, like literally right after they signed the concordance. then they can do their time jump. cause i'm sure LF was like "we got plans for the rest of that time period."

The Vanguard and themoth like this.
  4. The Vanguard

The Vanguard Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2016
    There is so much to be seen from the Empire's perspective during this time. I'm very excited about it.

5. Robby

Robby Jedi Knight

Nov 17, 2015

I'm sure we will see something like that. Intact the part of the trailer that shows Luke looks to be taking place on a desert planet. Also, it is my understanding that the Battle of Jakku takes place a year or 2 after ROTJ right? Inferno Squadron would be at that battle for sure as it was the last hope for the Empire before fleeing and returning as the First Order.

6. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    So the main character in this is going to switch sides by the end of the campaign isn't she?

AndrewPascoe likes this.
  7. CommanderFlage

CommanderFlage Jedi Youngling

Mar 5, 2017
    Actually Luke is not on a desert planet. I'm pretty sure it's sullust due to the look of the area.

8. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Soooo happy there aren't going to be any more hero pick ups in BF2!

The Vanguard and redxavier like this.
  9. ReyPrescott

ReyPrescott Jedi Master star 3

Oct 3, 2015
    Probably sacrifice herself after I bet.

The Regular Mustache likes this.
  10. TheMoldyCrow

TheMoldyCrow Jedi Master star 3

Jun 16, 2015
    I'm hoping Mustafar comes back in this one. It was one of my favorite maps in the original BF2.

rpvee, themoth, CoolyFett and 6 others like this.
  11. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    I would love Mustafar. And Felucia, and Mygeto! I just like having a large diversity of environments.:D

12. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014

Felucia would be interesting. Certainly a colorful planet that would stand out from the others.

13. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    I feel like Felucia, Mygeeto, and Cato Neimoidia would look insanely awesome in BF2.

I want Mustafar too but I think Sullust kinda made the idea of another lava planet less exciting.

I want as many diverse locations as possible.

14. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
    Just give me bespin platforms and I'll be happy.

15. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    From accounts we're at least going back to Tatooine (Mos Eisley from the looks of it), and from the trailer Sullust, Hoth, Jakku and Endor are coming back in some capacity as they can feature prominently as part of Iden's story in the single-player (and can therefore be carried over). But Bespin? I'm not so sure the single player story justifies it and it may not be carried forward. Just putting that out there as a warning!

So far it looks like we're getting the following confirmed:
    Yavin IV (ign)
    Tatooine - Mos Eisley spaceport (ign, trailer)
    Starkiller Base (ign, trailer)
    Vardos (panel, trailer)
    Hoth (trailer)
    Endor (trailer, unless this is part of a cutscene only, though I doubt it)
    Sullust (trailer, background of Luke shot)
    Naboo - Reactor Room (trailer, Maul shot)
    Takodana (trailer, aerial battle at least)
    Jakku (trailer, aerial battle at least)

Then presumably there is also:
    Scarif (I think the shield base is shown in the trailer, but this may be a spaceport with a docked Star Destroyer instead)
    Kamino (concept art)

It's actually quite a lot of planets already (even without the presumed additional PT content). I have posted before about my fears over limited content per era given the 3 eras, but it certainly seems like we'll be getting more than what we had from the first game plus all its DLC. And that's a very encouraging thought.

On a different note, watching the trailer for this (especially the shot of the TIE flying through the wreckage) has me really wanting them to do an animated show in this realistic style...

vncredleader likes this.
  16. Robby

Robby Jedi Knight

Nov 17, 2015
    I think Bespin CAN return but likely only in multiplayer. From what I am gathering, it sounds like the multiplayer part of the game is its own stand alone component and not linked to single player campaign at all.

PimpBacca likes this.
  17. Darth Nave

Darth Nave Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2015
    So according to Dave Filoni
    Rex survives up to the Battle of Endor and is the old bearded rebel in ROTJ. Since we get to experience that battle in the campaign, wouldn't it be awesome if we could play as him for a sequence?

18. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

I think it would be awesome for Ahsoka to join Rex to lead a battalion against the Empire.

[​IMG]

19. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    That is fun speculation on Dave's part. Its doubtful Ahsoka is around by the time of ROTJ, least in her original form or whatever.

ConservativeJedi321 likes this.
  20. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    I loved all PT maps from OBF2 except Polis. I wonder how mushy PT will appear in this game. The lack of PT kept me from getting first BF. Only thing with new game is they are going to feature Disney maps. I don't really care for those places. I wonder how many maps per era?

ConservativeJedi321 likes this.
  21. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

Doesn't have to be around the time of the ROTJ though. Won't the sequel game feature maps (and I assume heroes/villains) from all eras?

DaddlerTheDalek likes this.
  22. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
    Yes. The multiplayer & skirmish modes are going to have maps from all three eras. The campaign goes from ROTJ to TFA.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  23. Moll

Moll Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2016
    This game looks great, I really hope it is better than Battlefront 2015, which had the potential to be great but focused too much (in my opinion) on the online PVP content, instead of a story. I really want to see a strong story/campaign, a bit like Battlefront II on the ps2. It looks fun though and it is believed to have both prequel and sequel content! :D

24. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    Haven't seen this video posted yet, but there's a few details in Jackfrag's video about battlefront 2 that are interesting. One that I haven't heard before is that playing in first person will have certain advantages over playing in third person this time around (Presumably some kind of accuracy boost to compensate for the lack of situational awareness).

themoth likes this.
  25. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    It would be an interesting arc for her to realise everything she once believed was all a lie.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.