main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Even More Magniloquent New Rumor Intellectual Thread of Seriousness for Sophisticated Discourse

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by A Chorus of Disapproval , Dec 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    Rose will stab Finn and Finn's response will be
    "Et tu, Rose?":p

Shadojoker and dekaneas like this.
  2. Trikuza23

Trikuza23 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 10, 2015
    There might. I mean, why else would Rey be wearing her scavenger gloves when she's looking through the ancient Jedi books. That tree might lead down into some caves or an underground temple.

3. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    Puffin Hut. A local franchise.

Jedi Jessy, dekaneas and GregMcP like this.
  4. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    The last 2 pages on this forum make me think we need new rumours.

5. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Another of Luke's tests. Have you tried turning pages when wearing rigger gloves?

Anyway...what's this old pic about? A grotto on the island possibly, could they turn those spots on and off to light small areas for the will-o-the-wisp scene?

[​IMG]

6. ladygrey45

ladygrey45 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2015
    quite frankly I hope nobody has access to spoilers the way msw claims to have it takes the fun out of the surprise, I love speculating but for example if someone posts the script before it comes out is just wrong, I honestly don't know how disney haven't sued them yet

7. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Ahch-To Fried Puffin

Luke'sSeveredHand likes this.
  8. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    Maybe it's the stage set of that place Rey is standing at water level in the trailer.

CrazyOldJedi likes this.
  9. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    Au Bon Porg

10. Martoto77

Martoto77 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 6, 2016

Except, I don't. To be honest.

11. MotherNature's SilverSeed

MotherNature's SilverSeed Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 4, 2013
    I think my ideal OPENING NIGHT scenario would be that we have a very good idea what happens in act one, we have a somewhat confusing and clearly jumbled notion of act two, and then know absolutely nothing about act three.

12. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    At the end of act 3 there will be credits for sure. I'm fully convinced.

dekaneas likes this.
  13. hana_solo

hana_solo Jedi Master star 4

Feb 4, 2016
    Re: Rey's gloves and the book. Good thinking, everyone. Who's to say that the Rey didn't have to climb the tree's inside walls to get them? They could be pretty high up for all we know, since it's a big tree. In fact, it seems close to some opening (light) on the top:

[​IMG]

So she gets the scrolls/books and wouldn't necessarily take off her gloves right away. Or maybe those definitely charred pages have to be handled with a gloved hand. Doesn't matter, the glove is hers so that's that.

14. Shadojoker

Shadojoker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 15, 2000
    You are CLEARLY in the wrong thread...this Spoilers Allowed thread my friend.

We want spoilers..and if you dont..I got link for ya.

Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed
    http://boards.theforce.net/forums/star-wars-new-films-no-spoilers-allowed.10891/

15. Martoto77

Martoto77 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 6, 2016
    What if.... Ren and Rey face off again. Rey is about to kill Ren. Luke intervenes (a la Anakin and Mace) but Rey retaliates in anger and kills Luke ... . Anakin's anguished force voice cries "Nooooo!". Rey and Ren both hear i..... and recognise it.

16. Charlie07

Charlie07 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2015
  17. hana_solo

Feb 4, 2016
    yeah, I'm surprised people didn't recognize the Jedi symbol. It isn't the most iconic thing out there, I admit it, but it should be known to above average fan.

I think that Grey Jedi stigma is wrong. It's mostly fans finding a shortcut term when talking about balance and how both sides of the Force can be used without going to extremes on any side, rather than actually believing in Grey concept whatever it is. Since there's no other term available, that one serves temporarily until "the new Jedi [that will] rise" get a proper term (if they are called the Jedi at all). That will be Rey and Ren, of that I'm certain.

18. Danfromumbrella

Danfromumbrella Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 20, 2014
    Its not grey Jedi it's just a grey force user. People keep saying " how could anyone think that'll be a plot point?!" Yet in the TFA novel they reference a line from the Journal of Whills about a grey force user with refinement of a Jedi.

19. hana_solo

Feb 4, 2016
    Exactly. Pablo should stop shaming anyone who says Grey Jedi cause his own story group is bashing us over the head with grey (novelization, Aftermath:EE). And Grey Force User doesn't sound as good as Grey Jedi so they better come up with an acceptable name. Why should I type 3 words when I can type just 2? :p

20. Charlie07

Jun 22, 2015

Re: grey jedi, i slightly disagree. I think it's important to make the distinction because the creators are making those distinctions already in canon. Ahsoka is the prime example: "I am no Jedi", and vader chimes in with "revenge is not the jedi way". They are making clear distinctions in the code and philosophy of the Jedi and what is not "jedi".

She and the other's should simply be classed as force users until they term it something else. Whenever i hear "grey jedi" i start to think of it as "Atheist-Evangelicals" [face_laugh] (not to start a religious discussion, purely an example)

21. IrisBest

IrisBest Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2015
    That was my thought too, since that location didn't look like a real place in Ireland (I mean it could be, it'd be cool if some enterprising person tracked it down). The stage could also just be for a simple interior cave scene.

22. hana_solo

Feb 4, 2016
    Charlie07 They should stop acting like Ahsoka,etc are icons like the movie characters. Cartoons don't have the same reach as the movies and many fans who ask about the Grey Jedi likely heard about them on discussion forums rather than from watching cartoons. So they should get that hierarchy in check. TV shows will never be nearly as popular as the movies and most movie fans don't watch them anyway.

23. MeBeJedi

MeBeJedi Force Ghost star 6

May 30, 2002
  24. hana_solo

Feb 4, 2016
    Ah, ScarGate. of all Gates that hit the fandom, this one is the most hilarious. So the director doesn't want a goofy scar to distract from the performance/scenes/movie. That's a sound creative decision. Some nitpicking fans, who are currently throwing twitter tantrums, should learn that there are more important things than continuity or lack thereof that GA won't notice anyway.

25. Charlie07

Jun 22, 2015

I agree that film should always have the "hierarchy" advantage. But i think most of my point still stands. That being, canon creators are creating distinctions in the philosophy of the Jedi and those that reject the jedi way (Ahsoka).

I think pablo actually put it nicely.

[​IMG]

So, i was wrong even to assume they would use the term "force user". Ahsoka is just ahsoka, and Jedi are Jedi

Revanfan1, SaintKenobi1322 and TheBBP like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.