main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One [Official Info] Riz Ahmed (Bodhi Rook) in Rogue One

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Lurknomore, Apr 23, 2015.

1. Oswin Oswald

Oswin Oswald Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 16, 2017
    I liked his character a lot because he was the most like an every day person. He's a truck driver, basically, trying to do good, he's not a hero or a tough guy or a trained soldier, so he's all but shaking in his boots at every situation. The first time, I kept a careful eye on him because - in most war time movies - no one ever trusts a defector. A man who changes his coat once can do it again. I kept waiting for him to betray them all. But then he didn't. Once he found his cause, he was loyal to it to the end, no matter how scared he was. He found his leadership ability - ordering the rebels left in the cargo ship - and his courage. I was really touched at the scene on Scarif where he's trying to get back to the ship with the communication cable but is blocked by fierce fighting. He finally just decides to make a break for it. And this is the thing. He doesn't expect the rebels to cover him. He never even thought about it. He just takes the chance. The REBELS see him go for it, and they start to cover him. But he wasn't expecting it.

You're the man, Bodhi!

Very well spoken of Ahmed. I agree completely.

Darth Chiznuk and Sarge like this.
  2. Blue 5

Blue 5 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2017
    Rook overcame getting his psyche drained by a hideous alien and bounced back to establish communication with the Rebel fleet and sow confusion. I liked how he got redemption as a rebel convert and was fully successful in assisting Galen.

It's sad how he only got to savor that success for a whole of 10 seconds.

Sarge and Martoto77 like this.
  3. Martoto77

Martoto77 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 6, 2016

I like how K2 pays Bodhi the ultimate compliment when he says "Your'e a rebel now." on Eadu. If anybody is going to be strategically suspicious of Bodhi it's going to be K2. So those are pretty strong words.

Blue 5 likes this.
  4. Oswin Oswald

Oswin Oswald Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 16, 2017
    I think that proved Bodhi is mentally stronger than he looks...or thinks he is.

And yes, thanks for the reminder. He was quick to catch on and encourage others to confuse security on Scarif by misdirecting the troopers away from the rebels.

And his loyalty to Erso. "This is for you, Galen."