main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion An Old Republic Live Action Show

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Oct 1, 2014.

1. ScorpionJedi

ScorpionJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jun 19, 2013
    The first scene should start off with Revan frustrated at the Jedi Council that the Jedi won't aid the Republic in the Mandalorian Wars and then decides to form the Revanchist movement and then go from there.

Another good idea I've heard is to straight up start with the attack on the Endar Spire like in the game and do Arrow-style flashbacks to the Mandalorian Wars.

2. ScorpionJedi

Jun 19, 2013
    Aww who says Revan can't break the Jedi Code a few times or so before he meets Bastila? :p I mean he's already the type who'd stick it to the man. It doesn't have to be gratuitous like GoT at all.

I think Revan could do with a few more lovers. I mean all is fair in love and war and he should live every day like it's his last. :p

Plus you have to get the fangirl shippers on board somehow.

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  3. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    [face_laugh] I wouldn't be surprised. Revan never came off as the most perfect Jedi to me; so why not? At least, I never followed the rules completely in KOTOR anyway. Ha.

....That's very true. But sometimes that can get crazy so we need to be careful.

ScorpionJedi likes this.
  4. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I don't think anyone followed the code.

ScorpionJedi likes this.
  5. bellatroll

bellatroll Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 21, 2013
    I'd love to see a KOTOR based live action series with like GoT level of budgets and writing. That would be pretty awesome.

And it should be made for adults too (which makes sense since most kotor fans are now in their twenties presumably).

Just a little fancasting: Bastila could be played by Rhone Mitra, whose performance on the last ship is actually pretty good.

6. ScorpionJedi

Jun 19, 2013
    While she does nail the look, voice and characterization, the thing that's needed to be remembered is that Bastila is young(like 18-20)

7. bellatroll

bellatroll Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 21, 2013

I dind't realize she was 38, but I suppose it doesn't matter ... because it doesn't show.

8. shingi_70

shingi_70 Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 24, 2014
    Disney is kind and wants its syneegy. When we get the live action star wars TV series its going to be on ABC and probably paired with shield. ABC tends to skew with more female led programing and they want to get shows that appeal to men more often and right now shield is really the only show series they have.

9. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Yeah. Well, as long as they put it in a good time slot. :) I'm surprised Shield is the only one they have that appeals to men though.

10. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

Ya it sorta sucks.

11. ScorpionJedi

Jun 19, 2013
    I feel ABC won't do it well with the budget they would give. I'm just going by Agents of Shield where sometimes the blue screen backgrounds are so painfully obvious.

12. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

Oh George we miss your giant pockets.

Taylore and ScorpionJedi like this.
  13. ScorpionJedi

Jun 19, 2013
    Seriously though, HBO would be perfect for Star Wars.

14. shingi_70

shingi_70 Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 24, 2014
    A live action Stars Wars show is a weird propostion, but it is probably going to happen. The first question would be the when, Agents of Shield got the green light and started a year after the first Avengers movie came out, while the cast of Frozen was thrown into once upon a time right after the movie was out. Now unless Lucasfilms are being super tight lipped we would have heard of a potential Star Wars televsion show, meaning we won't see one till 2016. On the other hand ABC has fallen into a problem where Shield is they're only male skewing show on the network, and this season they didn't have anything to pair it with expect two comedies that were cancelled.

So seeing that it could prompt a new Star Wars television show to be fast tracked to have something to pair shield with, right now Once Upon a Time would be a good show to pair it with, but its the anchor of ABCs Sunday night programming. As for the time slot it would probably be 8pm on tuesday night, the star wars brand is much more powerful than agents of shield so it would be a good opener and you can grab the kids before they are sent off to bed.

For the actual show itself I envision it would be done like most heavy- sci TV series are done where it takes place on a ship, with some sort of simulated environment. The setting itself wouldn't be the old republic either but after VII. If I were a potential writer I'd look at some of the slower paced episodes and arcs of clone wars as a a way to form a series around, like the Satine or lux issues.

15. ScorpionJedi

Jun 19, 2013
    I think they're done with that era.

16. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    I would love to see Sith Armies and empires and compete against each other including Mandalorians fighting eeach other as well

17. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
  18. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    The real question is if the first old republic show does well by not only Disney, Netflix. and etc with alot of seasons, why just focus on one series and maybe have five or more tv shows. It has a Four or Six thousand years of content, and you can create new material in the realm of the old republic too.

The problem is it would be too much expensive like the star wars underworld show and alot more expensive.

19. episodenone

episodenone Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 13, 2001

I could not imagine this ever being live action what with the abundance of Sith artifacts and locations and space travel and so much more ---- I think this would have to be animated.

I truly think it is inevitable that we will see something in this era. I'd love it if JJM wrote it or helped -- and with the popularity of the KotOR games and TotJ comics and KotoR comics and the Knight Errant novel / comics -- it's really just a matter of when in my humble opinion -- not if.

black_saber likes this.
  20. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    For budget reasons, a live action show could be set in a solar system the Jedi inhabit, but before they get access to hyperdrive. Similar to the expanse series, keeping it just one system. Also they could put heavy focus on one planet. Good justification for not seein the massive Star Wars Galaxy, and can limit the aliens that appear.

21. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002

Or maybe both animated and live action shows. Maybe in the far distant future, we could have double movies a year since lucasfilm is working on number spin off movies and tv shows.

22. TheMDOSS1313

TheMDOSS1313 Jedi Master star 1

Sep 8, 2013
    Netflix.
    Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic.
    8-12 episode season.
    No filler. Focused story content.
    Revan.
    Bastilla.
    HK-47.
    Star maps and Star Forges galore?
    Take my money now!

23. episodenone

episodenone Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 13, 2001
    I do not envision a time where there will be multiple movies in a calendar year. I have my own personal beliefs as to why Disney would not to it - but just conjecture in backing it up.

I think the MCU is the model to one day expect -- where TV shows / Netflix / Web Content / etc will interplay with the Films.

24. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I don't think a Star Wars show needs to go on necessarily for 4, 5, 6, etc. seasons​. Especially with the amount of filler they tend to entail. Fewer episodes allows a very tightly focused story where every single episode has significance. And a miniseries would allow the creators to know ahead of time exactly how many hours they have to tell the story, without worry of putting something off only to have the series get cancelled, etc.

An 8 episode live action miniseries, I think would be perfect. That's still more story than an entire trilogy of films.

If ABC/IMAX can do an 8 episode Inhumans series, I think a Star Wars series is within the realm of possibility.
    Eh, but do they? I don't watch any of Marvel's shows, except Daredevil, and there little more than lip service is paid to the events of the films. And it's a one way street, as the films do not mention the shows. Star Wars also benefits from tie in comics, while Marvel's exist in a different continuity.

Rogue One and Rebels have shown more interplay in that regard, as Rebels has incorporated Death troopers and Saw, while Rogue One includes Chopper, the Hammerhead Corvettes, and the Ghost.

Saw on Geonosis was perhaps the only plot point that really connected. The rest were more like subtle Easter eggs, but Marvel doesn't really do even that. Most signs point to none of the TV Marvel characters crossing over onto film.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

25. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    If an old republic show happens, don't expect it to be on Neflix because news came out Disney now wants to start its own streaming company. They are pulling all there own movies and tv shows including star wars and marvel stuff off Netflix by 2019