main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Where did my poll results go??

Discussion in 'Communications' started by KyloRen1981, Apr 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KyloRen1981

KyloRen1981 Jedi Youngling

Apr 22, 2017
    Hi, um, I made a post and it seemed to get some good traction (6 pages and counting) on a topic that was related to Kylo Ren. However, the specific purpose of that thread was not intended to be a general KR discussion. It was about the hate the character and his fans get on social media and I was trying to gauge how accurate that picture was in the SW culture.

The posts I got as responses were great, they mean a lot to me. But as someone who has felt excluded from the SW fandom for a long time, the results from the poll I started that thread with meant SO, SO MUCH to me! Even if I could just get a screen grab of that, I'd really appreciate it!! PLEASE tell me that's not gone forever! I would really be so heartbroken about that. :_|

If it is erased, I wish I could have gotten some warning before it was deleted. Can anyone help me get that back? Anyone happen to screen grab the latest results??

If I can get the poll results back, then I couldn't care less about the thread merger. Whatevs.

However, if the poll results are gone forever, that's not only upsetting, but it makes me search for an explanation as to why all that was removed and I can't say I fully understand the decision. We have a separate thread for Rey's lineage. We have a separate thread for whether or not Ren should be redeemed. How are those any more unique than my thread topic? I would argue mine was just as valid because it was about the SW culture as opposed to the fiction.

Again, if I can somehow get the poll results back, or if the results are still visible somewhere and I am just too much of a n00b to find them? Then there is no issue at all and I apologize for this distress. But if I can't get it back, I'd really appreciate a good explanation. :(

2. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Hi -- I have to inform you that once a thread is merged, the poll results can't be recovered. Just in case, I tried pulling out your initial post to see if the poll information was retained, but it wasn't.

3. KyloRen1981

Apr 22, 2017

:(:_| :(:_| :(:_| :(:_|

4. J7Luke

J7Luke Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 30, 2017
    It's not in the internet archives either, I just checked. Sorry man.

5. KyloRen1981

Apr 22, 2017
    OK, so, I did a lot of searching and tried several different methods to recover the poll information from the cached files on my computer. None of those methods worked. Probably because the page is constructed from a database? However, I came across an even simpler method which is accessing the cache of webpages that Google regularly collects because.... they're Google.

Success!! http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...-for-kylo-ren-is-there-really.50045163/page-6

I would still appreciate an explanation and, if applicable, an apology. I know it may seem silly, but I think more and more people are recognizing the pain of feeling like an outsider and the joy of feeling included. So, it meant a lot to me to see that I wasn't as much of a SW outcast as other parts of the web/media had led me to believe. Then to have that taken away (without good reason?) brought all the feelings of exclusion back. =\

Still, I managed to recover what was lost, so, yea... all's well that ends well?

Again, sorry if this comes off as particularly melodramatic and petty, we all have our little things that mean more to us than they probably should, right?

:kylosaber:

6. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Don't blame me, I voted for Koloth.

7. KyloRen1981

Apr 22, 2017

[​IMG]

Google seems to think Koloth is Star Trek related, but I don't know much about Star Trek. .... I watched most of NTG! But only once when it was first run.

EDIT: That's "me" in the picture btw.

8. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013

Ender Sai likes this.
  9. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    You'll have to take it up with the forum moderator who moved the thread (via private message), as Comms isn't really the place to discuss individualized moderator actions.

I would note, however, that merging threads has no bearing on whether or not a person is welcome and I wouldn't put all that much weight on it.

In any event, I'll be closing up this thread as the question has now been asked and answered.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.