main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Resource Fanfic Writer's Desk: Your Place for Writing Discussion, Questions, and Advice

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Luna_Nightshade, Nov 24, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Kurisan - first pic excellent, especially as a quick knockup.

Other insta-head canon suggestions were:

If she's with the Resistance, probably a fan of Leia too, or at least agrees with her view that the First Order were a growing threat.

Again, working off the Luke obsession, she has the equivalent of that RL anti-stalking order that doesn't allow her within a hundred metres of Artoo Detoo.

"Have you tried turning him on and off again?"

"He's an astromech, not a moisture vaporator."

Grew up on one of Calrissian's colony cities.

Pilot-trained under one of the Rogue Squadron pilots - Wedge, etc.

2. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    These are great, Kurisan! I can't recognise Jess' faceclaim, who is it?

The alien is awesome!

3. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    That's the actress who played her TFA, yes? I have only seen her in the X-wing uniform. I would have to go back & re-read the comic to see if they mention the name of her droid.

I suspect her hero-worship of Luke stems from "flew an X-wing against the Death Star," more than any of his other heroic accomplishments, and probably similar fan-girl worship of the other pilots from OT. Gearhead seems to be a VERY apt choice of characteristics!

I love the suggestion of "Did you turn him off & turn him back on?"

As far as I know, I've never seen much of her character expansion in any of the 'official' sources beyond pilot & tinkerer, so I'm excited to see what you come up with.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  4. Kurisan

Kurisan Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    gg

Last edited: Nov 30, 2021
  5. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Oh I have thought about that but that kind of lifestyle depend on their existing at least some flora and/or fauna that are compatible with your digestive systems. One idea is (if we work with the idea that Christophsis is more-or-less your standard crystalline planetoid) is that crystalline lifeforms populate the planet but non-native life have been able the take rot here-n’-there creating "oasis" that humans/similar can live from. Now the items those humans/similar can create depends upon what lifeforms make up those “oasis”. The problem would be how to make it different from your standard desert world.
    That's an idea I had not thought about, maybe have all the soil of the world be what sandy, with the sand being made out of crystals. This could lead to something... [face_thinking]
    That is a possibility but I was more looking for suggestions on how people who had been stranded there might have developed.

Also if people know of any sentient species that eat rocks or metal so am I all ears :)

6. Kurisan

Apr 26, 2016
    gg

Gamiel likes this.
  7. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    Although the Horta originated in the Trekverse, I see no reason why it could not also exist in the GFFA. And It eats rocks and metal.

Gamiel likes this.
  8. Kurisan

Apr 26, 2016
    gg

Ewok Poet likes this.
  9. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Argumentative! Like R2.

10. gaarastar58

gaarastar58 Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2010
    Kurisan

I think it depends entirely on what you want the relationship with your protagonist to be. An aggressive, argumentative droid like Chopper will help balance your character if she's a little more withdrawn as Bix might get her into lots of situations she'd rather not be in. Even if she can be argumentative at times that can lead to some great play between the two characters. Although K-2S0 has rocketed to the top of my favourite droid list, I love the banter that has come from AP-5, the captured analyst droid from Rebels. He is so smug and superior - you kind of get the impression he didn't mind working for the Empire because at least they kept the trains running on time, and he makes a great comedic foil for the rest of the cast.

Raissa Baiard and Ewok Poet like this.
  11. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    I googled Jessika & "astromech..." One site suggests her astromech is R0-4LO. It has a Wookiepedia article. Could call it Rollo?

12. Kurisan

Apr 26, 2016
    gg.

13. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Jessica appears to have been already used in a story by somebody, by the way. I can show you which one tomorrow. :)

Kurisan likes this.
  14. Kurisan

Apr 26, 2016
    gg

15. gaarastar58

gaarastar58 Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2010
    There seems to be a lot of Jessika/Rey shipping. Seems folk are big fans of bluerey.

Kurisan likes this.
  16. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Dunno. I just saw Jess in the character list in this story, but I cannot send a link until the voting is over, just in case that's campaigning.

Kurisan likes this.
  17. Kurisan

Apr 26, 2016
    gg

Ewok Poet and gaarastar58 like this.
  18. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    I shouldn't worry about it, Kurisan. How many stories have been written about Luke, Leia, Han? I don't think I've ever seen her as a lead. You'll find your own spin, a way to tweak her and make her version your own! (Now stop chatting and start writing, I want to read this!! :p)

Kurisan and gaarastar58 like this.
  19. Kurisan

Apr 26, 2016
    gg

pronker likes this.
  20. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    Who created Dalyn Baobab (GFFA Bob Dylan)?

Ewok Poet likes this.
  21. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Dalyn Baobab is a creation of Ewok Poet.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  22. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Dalyn R. Baobab is a member of the highly influential Baobab family from Manda, known for the Baobab Archives, the Bocce language and the Baobab Merchant Fleet. He took a quite different route compared to his spacer cousins and decided to sing revolutionary songs. Once the Empire found out about him, he defected to the independent Roon system* in the Abrion Sector where he remained until the end of the Galactic Civil War.

And yes, you can borrow him if you need him. :)

* Roon is free when one mangles Legends and New Canon, since the Empire was chased away from it in the Droids cartoon series.

23. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    I knew he belonged to somebody, and since I have some OCs who are music people (even though I still haven't properly introduced them yet), the GFFA's Bob Dylan will be mentioned at some point, and I like to give credit where credit is due.

Gamiel, Snocone and Ewok Poet like this.
  24. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    What would be some GFFA versions of 'It was his cross to bear'?

25. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    No idea, frankly. Nothing in Wookiepedia's list of slang is comparable.

Getting a definition of the term on Google, a Life Debt looks like a good example of one... Maybe you could use that?

mavjade and Snocone like this.