main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Rebels Music Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Abrapork Lincoln, Apr 20, 2014.

1. CloneGunnerCommanderJedi

CloneGunnerCommanderJedi Jedi Knight star 1

May 28, 2016
  2. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    the possibility of an orchestrated Thrawn theme has me giddy.

SyndicThrass and TheMDOSS1313 like this.
  3. Darth Mahler

Darth Mahler Composer - The Clone Wars, Rebels, The Bad Batch VIP

Dec 3, 2016
  4. CloneGunnerCommanderJedi

May 28, 2016
    Like the Clone Wars Movie and the series 5 Ahsoka finale? Wow! I'm even more excited for the Zero Hour now! Is this normal for the score to be recorded with a live orchestra or is it something reserved for the finale of each series or just select cues each episode?

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  5. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    it is unusual. WHAT DOES IT MEAN

6. Darth Mahler

Dec 3, 2016
    It is a bit unusual to record the entire score. A few episodes and cues have been recorded with Budapest as well.

7. CloneGunnerCommanderJedi

May 28, 2016
    Makes sense, as I guess most(?) of the scores are usually sample based. I know You're the Bait from The Lost Commanders was recorded with Budapest, but I'm curious to know what other cues that have been released were also recorded with a live orchestra? (Sorry for all the questions, I'm just kind-of obsessed with the music from the show, and this all really fascinating to learn)

8. Darth Mahler

Dec 3, 2016
    Pretty much anything from Twilight of the Apprentice, Hera Soars, several cues from Siege of Lothal (I can't remember which ones off the top of my head). The ones with the most fully orchestral cues are the Season finales.

9. CloneGunnerCommanderJedi

May 28, 2016
    Thanks for answering the question! This gives me an even greater appreciation of those scores.

Double Agent Droid StarWars.com music cue: AP-5's Spacewalk. I've updated the spreadsheet to include this.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  10. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
  11. Pain and Suffering

Pain and Suffering Jedi Master star 3

Mar 8, 2015
    I just watched The Holocrons of Fate, and I love the music when Kanan and Ezra go into the Krykna cave to retrieve the Sith holocron. Ezra's theme on the cello was especially great. I just wish they had a music piece of it without the talking.

12. CloneGunnerCommanderJedi

May 28, 2016
  13. jedi-soon

jedi-soon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 27, 2001
    I generally consider Binary Sunset to be the most moving piece of music is the Saga. I was thrilled to hear it in Rebels!

14. Darth Mahler

Dec 3, 2016
    I do too. In fact, for me, it is one of the greatest themes ever. Maybe even THE greatest.

A bit of trivia, while the music is an adaptation of Binary Sunset, it is called Binary Sunrise for this episode.

15. CloneGunnerCommanderJedi

May 28, 2016
    The music in Zero Hour is amazing! - Definitely needs a complete score release, somehow. It certainly benefited from being recorded with live musicians which helps it stand out as some of the best music of the series. I can't think of one cue that could be singled out from the rest as it's all so good, so I can't wait to see what the StarWars.com track will be.

16. Darth Mahler

Dec 3, 2016
    Thank you!

Everyone worked very hard on it. I am not sure what the cue will be on Monday. I have seen some possibilities. There may be a surprise as well.

17. CloneGunnerCommanderJedi

May 28, 2016
    Zero Hour StarWars.com music cue: Kanan and Ezra. I've updated the spreadsheet to include this. Wasn't expecting this to be up so soon but I can't complain!

Such a classic theme beautifully mixed with Ezra's theme which for me is now very much up there with John Williams' themes from the films, it just fits perfectly. I just have to reiterate what I previously said about the use of live musicians making it some of the best music of the series; I mean just listening to this cue alone that really shines through and it sounds, at-least to me, like it could very easily fit into one of the original films. It's just, I don't think I can truly express how great this episode's score is.

18. thedarkbeckons

thedarkbeckons Jedi Master star 1

Dec 2, 2013
    I was slightly underwhelmed by the score. It definitely had some good parts and sounded beautiful thanks to the live musicians, but the ONE THING I was really hoping for was a much more hard, vocal, and complete version of Thrawn's theme. Every appearance of that motif has been either muted, partial, or both thus far. I guess you could make some defense for the orbital bombardment sequence, but it still wasn't as defined as, say, "Thrawn's True Face."

19. CloneGunnerCommanderJedi

May 28, 2016
    Hera Soars - partial video of the recording session, June 2015:

Darth Mahler likes this.
  20. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015

Can we just take a minute to appreciate this? This track has got to be my all time favorite in this show and Clone Wars. It's so mysterious and exciting.

21. Darth Mahler

Dec 3, 2016
    Wow!

I've never even seen that! I didn't know they shot video for it. Thanks!

22. CloneGunnerCommanderJedi

May 28, 2016
    Did anyone see the Rebels series 4 Celebration panel? It was so great seeing Freddie Prince Jr compliment the music, specifically in Trials of the Darksaber. Even if he did get Kevin Kiner's name slightly wrong...

23. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Yeah. That was good. Kevin did an amazing job.

Does anyone know what the music playing in the season 4 trailer was though?

24. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    Oi, I have a lot of music to grab. It's been a long while since I've​ been able to add to my Rebels folder.

Sent from Hell--depending on whether or not it exists.

25. CloneGunnerCommanderJedi

May 28, 2016