main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Darth Maul (Marvel) #1-5 & Probe Droid Problem (5/5 Released)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by starocean90, Nov 14, 2016.

1. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Hand on the hip pose, reminds me of Ahsoka,lol.

Am curious if her last name of Kaitis comes from katharsis, the Greek word meaning "cleansing" or "purging". The previews look promising.

2. Tsago

Tsago Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 24, 2017
    It would be great if there were a sex scene between Maul and the padawan!:p

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  3. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    :kylosaber: Another Disney princess.

4. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Let me tell you, so far the first two issues are very solid in scope. I love the fact that Maul's ship can fire torpedoes while cloaked. Nice little nod to Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country. Can't wait for the next three issues. It looks like its going to be epic.

5. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Here's my prediction on how this series will end:

Maul returns from his first Jedi kill.
    Sidious: Maul, I trust your mission was satisfying.
    Maul: Yes master.
    Sidious: Good now step forward
    Maul steps forward and crosses his arms
    Sidious: (into holocam) meet my apprentice Darth Maul, he will find your lost ship. ;)

6. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Did they ever reveal why the miniseries is titled Darth Maul Book 1 ? I think they did but I've forgotten what they said about it.

7. Sannom

Sannom Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2011
    Is it titled like that?

8. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    Huh, it is titled like that. I didn't notice. The "opening crawls" of the Darth Maul issues say "Book I, Part __". I checked the first issues of Obi-Wan & Anakin, Lando, Shattered Empire, Chewbacca, and Han Solo and they just say "Part __".

9. Sannom

Nov 14, 2011
    Maybe that Darth Maul is planned as a series of mini-series, kinda like Saga?

10. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Saga isn't a series of mini-series, just an ongoing with regular breaks in the scheduling for Staples to do the art.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  11. Sannom

Nov 14, 2011
    Yeah, but I wouldn't call it an on-going either.

12. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Numbering says it is. Rather than try the impossible which is monthly, they've been upfront that they're not doing that - people generally like that as it tells them what to expect and, in the case of Saga, it works.

The various series that form the Mignolaverse are what you're thinking each - each starts at #1 and concludes at issue #5, except for BPRD which has racked up about 150 issues.

13. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
  14. Rax

Rax Jedi Master star 3

May 1, 2015
    Just finished the issue, and the series is really going great so far. Only two issues to go,

I feel like Maul and the padawan will have a teamup at some point, but that Maul will kill her eventually. I really wanna see the duel and the death of the arrogant padawan.

By the way.. Next issue is in two months :(

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  15. StormTrooperPrecision

StormTrooperPrecision Jedi Youngling

Mar 25, 2017
    Incredible so far. The narration through Maul's thoughts have done more for his character development than almost any of his appearances. We really get to see just how intrinsically demented he is. Artwork is great too. I know it's only slotted for 2 more issues, but if they were to ever extend a miniseries, this one should seriously be considered.

16. StormTrooperPrecision

Mar 25, 2017
    #4 comes out May 24th

17. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    No. #4 has been delayed to 21st June.

18. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    I've really been enjoying this series. Nice artwork, interesting designs and a good story. Also, I really like the variety of aliens on show.

19. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Hope they don't let the Padawan live simply because Maul needs some CANON Jedi kills

Maul's Jedi Kill List:

Qui Gon Jinn
    Some nameless Jedi during the reel of the TCW episode "Revenge"
    Pre Visla (I'll be nice considering they did have a baddass duel)
    Seventh Sister
    Fifth Brother

That's about it

20. StormTrooperPrecision

Mar 25, 2017
    Ah my mistake I see that now

21. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Maul ended her snippyness pretty early,lol. I get an Ahsoka Tano vibe off of her quite a bit. I do wonder if she might be converted, even partially or if its a test of Sidious' of some kind, or Maul ends up killing her to keep silent his mission. Maul is very sporting and a religious fanatic. I get the impression if someone else killed a Jedi, he'd mutilate them. Its like all their lives belong to him and need to be done by a Sith. Some of his dialogue and demeanor reminded me of The Shadow film with all the "did you think I wouldn't" lines when he takes apart the Moogans with his martial arts skills.

Sidious is someone that more appreciates when an apprentice goes against him since its the Sith way basically. Maul's story will continue on, an its likely he would've wiped out other Jedi during the Clone War and Dark Jedi Inquisitors. Pre- Clone War he's under direct orders to stand down on killing Jedi by Lord Sidious until ordered to do so . This is part of the plot, Maul feels denied as his very training from Sidious is for this purpose in him to wipe them all out. So naturally, Maul has his own plans within plans as does his master. If Maul kills other Jedi during this mini-series he'd have to cover it up, perhaps even from Sidious. Obviously Bane and Aurra live, so its not likely Maul wanted them dead or went after them to silence them and their suspicions.

The series is doing great:

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/04/28/darth-maul-sells-1-2-go-second-prints/

22. Sudooku

Sudooku Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2014
    You forgot about the Twi'lek Jedi-Master Anoon Bondara and his human Padawan Darsha Assant in: "Darth Maul - Shadow Hunter" by Michael Reeves. (EP. I)

Then Ko Solok, Master Grohto at Yellowblade's landing and Bruu Jun-Fan at Pleem's Nexus in "The Sith Hunters". (with a direct tie-in from TCW "Revenge")

So much hunting literature!

BTW: If you want to make Pre Vizsla count, you should replace the term "Jedi" with "lightsaber-wielder" for Pre Vizsla isn't exactly a Jedi. ;)

MandaloreRex2015 and Vialco like this.
  23. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Keep an eye on the Releases thread for accurate info, I update it each week with my minion, TiniTinyTony, who takes care of the other stuff.

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  24. Sudooku

Sudooku Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2014
    Actually I don't think that Plagueis will appear in this mini-series. If he should appear they will save that for something else.

25. Jedi Princess

Jedi Princess Jedi Master star 4

Mar 25, 2014
    Darth Plagueis notwithstanding, Plagueis and Darth Maul should not exist at the same time.

Gudenruben2 and Vialco like this.