main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT What is your favorite Leia line or moment?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Chancellor Yoda, Apr 16, 2017.

1. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    When she helps Wicket down from that big log. Nice to see the character has come a long way since the "walking carpet" line, this time showing compassion to the furry friend who helped save her.

2. Bob the X-Winger

Bob the X-Winger Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 8, 2016
    Hard to pick one but her hostile reception towards Tarkin was pretty good. She was not going to comprise her principals and ideals to the Empire even though refusal to do so would cause the destruction of Alderaan. The same with her twin brother Luke who rejected violence when offered a great reward by the Emperor. In both cases they stood up to the powerful warlords of the Galaxy.

3. SmallTatooineSun

SmallTatooineSun Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 16, 2016
    I like all of her scenes. As a girl growing up in the 80s, I thought she was so awesome! The scene with Tarkin and Vader is probably my favourite though.

4. jakobitis89

jakobitis89 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2015
    Always going to be her taking charge on the Death Star. Luke and Han bumbled their way into getting her out of the cell but when she realised they were amateurs she had no time for that and just took it into her own hands.

5. BenYodaDagobah

BenYodaDagobah Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2016
    What a lovely thread.

[​IMG]
    "Hey, I knew there was more to you than money!" Pure joy, hugs all around, laughing the entire time. Makes me smile.

[​IMG]
    Tending to her brother and longing for her husband. Beautiful.

[​IMG]
    I like how she's more annoyed than she is relieved to see it's just Wicket. "Look, it's a hat. It's not gonna hurt you." Hahaha.

6. Darth__Lobot

Darth__Lobot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 29, 2015
    The on again off again fake british accent in ANH is actually pretty hilarious and charming when I see it now.

7. JawaShuffle

JawaShuffle Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 22, 2016

I also liked hearing how Carrie would recall this, too.

BenYodaDagobah likes this.
  8. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    My personal headcanon rational is this is a put-on "official" voice that she's accustomed to using around people like Tarkin in her position as senator.

Sarge likes this.
  9. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    It's a small moment, but I love the scene with her and Wicket. It's cute and fun, like Carrie, and she takes down two Scout Troopers.

10. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    When she subconsciously uses the Force for the first time and hears Luke in ESB.

Chills every time.

11. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    I love the scenes with her and Luke in ROTJ!

Lulu Mars and BenYodaDagobah like this.
  12. Blue 5

Blue 5 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2017
    When she rescues Luke in TESB. The look on her face when she uses the Force for the first time and her concern for Luke.

13. Lt. Hija

Lt. Hija Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2015
    "If money is all that you love, then that's what you'll receive".

There are things more important in life than just money and mostly those you can't buy...

My most favorite Star Wars line was unfortunately deleted during the final screenplay fine-tuning (Biggs: "You're going to have to learn what seems to be important or what really is important".)

The two together in the same film would have been a powerful combination, IMHO. :)

Nibelung, BenYodaDagobah and Sarge like this.
  14. Nibelung

Nibelung Jedi Padawan star 2

Apr 18, 2017
    Most of my favorite Liea moments aren't in the films.

I do like her interaction with Han and Luke in the medical bay in ESB though.

15. Doom_Buggy

Doom_Buggy Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 2, 2016
    I love Chewie, but I found Leia's line about him being a walking carpet hilarious.

Nibelung likes this.
  16. Lt. Hija

Lt. Hija Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2015
    "Aren’t you a little short for a stormtrooper?"

Please feel free to correct or enlighten me, but from what I had read elsewhere, she was expecting to be raped. Nevertheless, she mocks her assailant, appears to suggest a "let's get it over with" attitude and thus tells her assailant she won't scream, call for help or else (which probably discourages most rapists, but that's just my best guess). [face_dunno]

17. Nibelung

Nibelung Jedi Padawan star 2

Apr 18, 2017
    She would have reason to fear: in the 1975 third draft, Vader and two officers are shown torturing Leia in her cell -- a scene itself modeled on one scripted for THX 1138, which survives in the novelization, of LUH being raped and beaten by three prison wardens. (Despite the fact that sex is officially forbidden in the THX world. Torture is okay, though; in fact, the scene gets videoed and sent out on TV for public entertainment.)

Incidentally, I would argue that the central characters' names in THX 1138 represent two different views about sex: is sex (THX) an act of love (LUH), or is it a sin (SEN)?

18. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    Any scene centered on her and Luke is magic.

"There wasn't anything you could have done."

"Luke... Turn the ship around."

"Luke, tell me. What's troubling you?"

19. sarlaccsaurs-rex

sarlaccsaurs-rex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    Just re-watched ANH recently, and all my years of being a Star Wars fan I never noticed the line where she insults the Falcon, "You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought." [face_laugh]

BenYodaDagobah and ObiWanKnowsMe like this.
  20. ObiWanKnowsMe

ObiWanKnowsMe Jedi Master star 4

Sep 7, 2015
    I love this line. Han is being a big goof & she is just appalled by his braindead assumptions
    [​IMG]

21. Dr_Cthulhu

Dr_Cthulhu Jedi Master star 2

Dec 29, 2015
    Favorite moment: When she's brought before Tarkin, which happens after she's been tortured. Here is this small lady surrounded by evil men and the behemoth Vader, and the first words out of her are insults: "I should have expected to find you holding Vader's leash. I thought I recognized your foul stench when I came on board." More than any other scene in Star Wars, that showed me her spirit: This was not somebody who was going to be broken easily.

Honorable mention: "You have your moments. Not many of them, but you do have them."

22. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    Laser brain is an amusing name for Han.

ObiWanKnowsMe likes this.
  23. ObiWanKnowsMe

ObiWanKnowsMe Jedi Master star 4

Sep 7, 2015
    Amusing and accurate :p

SateleNovelist11 likes this.
  24. BadAcrobat

BadAcrobat Jedi Master star 4

Apr 20, 2015
    Just about every scene she is in. My favorite character. Beautiful, intelligent, tough. And Carrie was beautiful. I loved her.

25. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    All of the original Star Wars for me; take charge, take no crap.