main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Obi-Wan Kenobi: v4 Fan Club a/k/a Appreciation Society

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Valairy Scot, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Qui-Gon Keith

Qui-Gon Keith Jedi Master star 2

Oct 5, 2015
    Was rewatching Clone Wars Season 3 episode, "Hunt for Ziro" and was inspired to do this. Imagining Kenobi & Vos as a comedy double act. And I absolutely love Obi-Wan started the episode by describing Quinlos Vos this way: "Let's just say he's crazy."

[​IMG]

ConservativeJedi321 and obimom like this.
  2. Celidore

Celidore Jedi Knight star 3

May 2, 2015
    Did you listen to this?
    Ewan sings "Be Our Guest" in Beauty and the Beast live action!
    He's Lumiere in the movie, but you probably cannot stop to imagine Obi-Wan singing (and speaking) with French accent! XD

[video]

obimom and Nanuk like this.
  3. Nanuk

Nanuk Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 6, 2014
    Well, did you go see the movie?

Have to say, I'm all in favour. :) Usually I'm pretty sceptic when it comes to "re-doing" old films, but they did a wonderful job with this one, I think. Love, love, love.

Mindboggling question, though: If the film is set in France, why is there only one character with a French accent, or why is a character with a French accent needed at all? :p

Celidore likes this.
  4. Celidore

May 2, 2015
    Nanuk yes, I watched the movie twice!
    I loved it so much! Ewan made such a great job with his character! A lovely and sweet Lumiere! ❤️
    And I adored the final scenes with him and his beloved Plumette humans again ❤️
    In general, wonderful songs, amazing cast, spectacular scenography!
    And about Lumiere's accent...well, in my opinion he's the only one with French accent to emphasize his romanticism and "savoir-faire" ;)

5. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    Anyone find it ironic/funny that after playing a Jedi, Ewan McGregor is now playing a candlestick, which is....wait for it....a light source?

obimom and Celidore like this.
  6. Celidore

May 2, 2015
    Yes, indeed! [face_laugh] Coincidence? [face_tee_hee]

7. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    Maybe. Or maybe not.......

8. Celidore

May 2, 2015
    Nanuk likes this.
  9. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
  10. Celidore

May 2, 2015
  11. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    Is Disney trying to tell us something? Or tell Ewan something?

Celidore likes this.
  12. Modernism

Modernism Jedi Master star 1

Feb 19, 2003

It may be that Beauty and the Beast as a fairy tale / story / myth is the French version Disney chose in the 80s to make into a new animated film... Stories of humans turning into animals / beasts and back again are found in many cultures - sorry if this is a bit lectury reply. Maybe because it sounds so cool to have the butler with a french accent in the original animated version?

Unrelated comment: if an Obi Wan movie is ever done, I do hope Joel Egerton is also included as Owen Lars.

13. Celidore

May 2, 2015
    Who knows, maybe yes! XD Anyway, in both cases he's a master of light! Lol

Modernism Yep, if there will be a Kenobi movie, Lucasfilm should cast Joel Edgerton again of course.

14. Celidore

May 2, 2015
    obimom likes this.
  15. Nanuk

Nanuk Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 6, 2014
    I do indeed know. :) LOL Looking forward to it, whenever that maybe. Since the script isn't even finished, yet, it might be some time. I keep thinking it'll be two years minimum, thinking of how long we waited for Beauty and the Beast. *sigh*

Maybe Disney wants to see whether Ewan (Ewan's name and acting) can draw people to the cinema - like a trial film (and whether Ewan has learned to act with the green screen he dislikes so much.) If CR does well, then maybe we'll see an OWK film eventually. :)

16. Celidore

May 2, 2015
    Nanuk So you think Disney is making trials for Ewan? Lol, I joked about that, but I never thought that seriously. Well, I think he's a talented and famous actor and he does not need trials. Maybe for the CGI, yes, but I don't believe it's a reason to call him for another Disney movie in order to do then an Obi-Wan spin-off.
    And if Disney chose him simply because he's a great actor? Then, if Disney will decide to do a Kenobi movie, even better! I hope so! ;)

17. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010

Hi! Been awhile. wow...I like it...this is one I wouldn't mind seeing when it comes out. My infatuation for Ewan/Obi has cooled quite a bit, but there are still some movies that Ewan makes that I would like to see...Including the Obi-Wan stand alone if/when it ever happens...and yeah! Disney has him for all these other projects..at least they should be talking about an Obi-Wan stand alone. I saw the song Ewan did as Lumiere on the internet...thought it was really good. I do enjoy his voice. Not sure if we'll be seeing the movie though...I'm actually not that interested it it.

18. Nanuk

Nanuk Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 6, 2014
    Ah well ... maybe they're just passing time.*shrug*
    If we think of the time frame of the SW films ... they're doing SW 8 this year, and SW 9 in another two years - and those films are supposed to reveal Rey's parentage. By that time, hopefully, OWK will be back in the mind of even the most casual observer of the films (depending on that said parentage, but I keep my fingers crossed), so that when that 3rd trilogy ends, the time is right for that Obi-Wan spinoff. Mind you, we're probably talking of a time frame of 5 years ++.

Maybe Ewan just looks too dang young and cheerful to play that transitional OWK right now, so Disney prefers to wait until he reached 50. LOL

Btw, I loved that link you posted: 50 reasons why Rey is a Kenobi. LOL Gotta love that much reasoning. :)

https://obes-kenobes.tumblr.com/post/151863645953/50-reasons-why-rey-is-a-kenobi?is_related_post=1

Celidore likes this.
  19. Celidore

May 2, 2015
    obimom Aren't you interested in Beauty and the Beast? It's a wonderful movie! I like so much it that I watched it three times until now! I'd suggest it to everyone! :D

Nanuk Disney can also wait for Ewan aging but he probably will remain young and cheerful! ;D (I mean, he's 46 now and he seems minimum 10 years younger!) He never ages XD

20. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    The most recent I saw of him was a clip of him talking about how they put his voice in Rey's Force vision. He looked pretty good. Guy probably takes good care of himself. Works out and stuff.

21. Nanuk

Nanuk Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 6, 2014
    He does - or he did. LOL He said in interviews that when he was filming T2, his co-actor inspired him to go running (around and up Arthur's seat in Edinburgh - which made me wheeze when I walked up it, mind you. LOL). According to his own words, he was in the form of his life, never been fitter - and then Fargo came along and he had to put on weight and started eating lots of fries. LOL I guess he's slowly getting back in form right now.

---
    Another thought: Do you think it's possible that Obi-Wan could be Rey's grandfather? Would he keep his vows while on Tatooine or wouldn't he?
    In my weaker moments I keep thinking he would stay true to his vows, no matter what. After all, he is a true Jedi, the lightest flame, the moral hero.

And if he didn't - I'm really interested to see how Disney is going to pull that off, what reasons they are going to give, what plot is going to support the idea. :)

22. Celidore

May 2, 2015
    Nanuk Yes, it's possible, why not? I really like the idea about Rey is a Kenobi. The most amazing parentage would be if she's Obi-Wan grandaughter and Luke's daughter (wouldn't it be great if Luke married an hypothetical Obi-Wan's daughter? :D)
    But the question obviously is: Obi-Wan and...which woman? The only woman Obi-Wan loved (canonically) is only Satine. Many fans want her character presented and linked to the movie plot, but it's difficult: there are so many things to tell and not everyone knows or watched the Clone Wars series.
    Anyway, Daisy Ridley said these things in two different interviews: first, when the interviewer asked her if Rey could be Jyn Erso's daughter, she explained it's impossible because of timeline distance, but when the interviewer then asked her if Rey is a Kenobi, she didn't deny saying something like "you'll discover in episode 8".
    In another interview (more recent) she said that it's so explicit and easy to understand what's Rey's lineage in TFA.
    And for me the "explicit" is Luke is her father and that Obi-Wan has to do something with her parentage too because of his voice she hears in the vision. She hears not another person or nobody but HIM. And this must have a meaning.

23. Nanuk

Nanuk Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 6, 2014
    JJ Abrams said that her parents were not in Ep. 7. :) Doesn't that rule out Luke? ;)

24. Celidore

May 2, 2015
    Oh, right, I forgot that. But I remember he corrected his words then. Anyway, we don't know if it's true what he said. Many people still hope Luke is her father after that JJ Abrams' declaration.
    Instead, if it's true, well...Obi-Wan is definitely one of the possible characters cause he's not in TFA (if we not consider his voice).

25. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010

It's not that I wouldn't see it...if given the chance I probably would...it's harder now bec hubby is retired now so I don't get as many chances to watch movies by myself that I know he would n't care for (in fact, it's near impossible..so I've had to turn myself off of wanting to see certain movies..unless it just works out almost on a chance...if I get a chance though I probably would. I did enjoy the clip I saw with Ewan/Lumiere singing that song...