main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Reference The Conspiracy Club (The Crossing OOC)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by LordTroepfchen, Apr 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    You know what this is for ... theories, chatter, jokes, speculation and coordination. The OOC thread.

Enjoy!

2. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Okay ... okay ... CS send.

3. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    So are you back? Great to have you, Fin!

So I have five players now. I must say, I thought nobody would sign up. There were not that many games in a contemporary setting latel. So I am happy to see so many friends joining and thrilled for the new people. It is quite overwhelming. Considering the cap of six players (which is a soft cap) this means we are almost booked out.

Unwound have a juicy guest star spot if anyone is interested in a shorter commitment, btw.

So far there are two hunters. Two Hunted. And one character who is about outside of that dynamic, also probably more alligned with one side. You will see.

Great to have you all! I expect to do my opening post early next week.

4. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    I believe this is appropriate for our most recent Character Sheet.

HanSolo29

HanSolo29 likes this.
  5. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Haha, nice! :D

It's good to be on board – very much looking forward to it!

galactic-vagabond422 likes this.
  6. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    And our six CSes are approved.

7. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    So . . .

When do we start? :D

8. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    I start working on the Opening post and have it up by Wednesday, Thursday latest.

Oh I am looking forward to this one ... good to have you all on board.

Dioskouros and HanSolo29 like this.
  9. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    I am looking forward to the US President in it ... that is a unique angle to look at a story! Does anybody else thinks through HS29 character the whole game suddenly has a "24" feeling?

10. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Well, I wanted a challenge, and Lord T has graciously allowed me to step outside the box and take on the role. It should be an interesting character to explore – I'm very much looking forward to it! :)

Hmm...you're right, it really does. It introduces a totally different dynamic. I just hope I have more success than the presidents portrayed on the show! Quite a few of them have met grisly fates. LOL! :p I guess we'll soon find out.

Mitth_Fisto and Dioskouros like this.
  11. TheSithGirly

TheSithGirly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2007
    OMG now I expect a ticking clock in the OP!

But yeah, it totally does. Also our hunters are female and our Hunted all male. LordT has aleady a subtle feminist message in there!

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  12. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    Opening Post is almost done, but to check spelling and add pictures and all that I will post it tomorrow. Oh and as you may have seen, we have a late arrival. I extended the cap for one more player!

So expect the Crossing to start tomorrow.

Dioskouros and HanSolo29 like this.
  13. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    Sorry for double posting, but @all . . . it has begun!

Dioskouros likes this.
  14. TheSithGirly

Apr 26, 2007
    Oh this is going to be fun!

Has anybody realized yet there is an extra name on the list? Prologue it is five and in OP there are six on the list ... so one is not actually "on the list". Ah ... I love this reliable relationship to NPCs!

15. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    That did catch my attention, I was curious if it was just 5 in the USA, but then no. . .so did somebody just added another to use the card blanche to have someone killed?

16. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Hard to say who if we do not know why we are on the list ... but considering the name of the game I guess we might find out when we meet. But somehow there is a six name. Either someone they wanted to get rid of or ... the Source. From what little I know I would say he is not someone the Government wants to hang around ... with the accuracy of his predictions and so on ...

17. Dioskouros

Dioskouros Jedi Youngling

Mar 16, 2017
    --So excited :emperor: Game reminds me of Sense8

18. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    You are the second person to say that . . . actually I have never seen the show. I will try to stay away to avoid any "inspirations". But there is a TV show I realized I was inspired by. And it is not "24" (HS29 brought the "24ishness" to us single-handedly) or Sense8. Hehe. Let us see who guesses it first!

Dioskouros likes this.
  19. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Heh...and now I'm currently watching '24'. There goes being productive for the evening. :p

In terms of your inspiration, I'm way behind on a lot of shows at the moment, so I probably won't be of much help. Sense8 sounds interesting, though.

Dioskouros likes this.
  20. TheSithGirly

Apr 26, 2007
    Sense8 feeling I have, too. And a bit of the Fugitive. How often can we guess, T?

Oh and I thought Moore would be the one who is actually good. And do I get it right? The US President has no idea his Government is killing us? So much for my "US President is the big bad" theory.

Dioskouros likes this.
  21. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    OH. HOW. EVIL!!

[face_devil]

Love it.

Poor Mickey! :_|

. . .
    Talley Ho!

Dioskouros likes this.
  22. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Ooo...interesting theory.

And that is correct. As of right now, he doesn't know about it...or at least, I'm operating under the assumption that he doesn't know. I'm sure that will soon change, though... ;)

23. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    I have recently read an essay on screenwriting which I stumbled over when I had time to kill at an airport and it was a real eye-opener. It discussed broad and narrow narrations. Which both are legitimate forms of storytelling. I am just telling it, because I feel the US President makes this suddenly a much more broader story. The way read the game changes completely.

Look, if he wasn't there we would all assume Simmons works with full Government backing. After all he seems to be a CIA guy or something like that. But low suddenly reading they have not had him informed or signing anything ... totally questions the legitimacy of the whole hunt. This probably isn't about men abusing their power. Maybe it is more about men working so long in the grey area they do not see the lines anymore.

Anyway, the Mickey murder is bad. I suddenly hate Moore. Just as I began to like him.

24. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    Actually that was what I thought when HS29 asked to play POTUS. It did not fit my characters I had in mind, but it will make the game richer. Sole credit for this idea goes to HS29, though. She changed the game dynamic single-handedly with the submission of her CS!

And I am not the kinda GM who tells his players how he loves their post everytime they post, but I wanted to tell all of you that I love what you did there. I really enjoy this a lot! Every post is so interesting and fun. I hope I can reward you guys with an equally enjoyable game!

25. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    To be honest, it was a shot in the dark. I figured it wouldn't hurt to pitch the idea, but then you actually surprised me by saying, 'yes.' :p And for that, I am grateful. So, thank you again for taking that chance and allowing me to give it a go. It's definitely been a fun and interesting challenge so far. ;)

Hear, hear! :D

I'm having a blast so far! It's a very unique take and a breath of fresh air (I can't even tell you the last time we had a game set in our own world in the RPF). The story sucks you right in, and of course, all of the characters have been fantastic! I'm very much looking forward to seeing where this one takes us!

Dioskouros and LordTroepfchen like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.