main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Fly Guy, Nov 18, 2013.

?

How good will Mark Hamill's performance in episode 7 be?

1. He's going to be great

950 vote(s)
    85.0%
  2. He'll do OK

145 vote(s)
    13.0%
  3. He's going to stink it up

23 vote(s)
    2.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I highly doubt it, but I'd love it if he did!

nightangel and Jar-Jar Binks like this.
  2. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Seeing Luke in the X-Wing would be great, but a part of me thinks he had transport to Acht-To and wouldn't be flying his X-Wing only because it's a pretty obvious call-back to him. So if he's trying to get away from it all, that could be a strong possibility. Or not. :D < My Star Wars predictions are not as good as real life ones >

nightangel likes this.
  3. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    I really hope Luke has a ship with him and that he may have used during his journey to the first Jedi temple. ;)

4. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014
    That look on his face at the end is becuase he wanted to leave Ach-To five years ago, but his ship broke down and he didn't have R2 there to fix it!

;). I think he probably has a small ship somewhere. He would have come there alone, I think. We may never see it, though, as I suspect he will leave on the Falcon.

MeBeJedi and nightangel like this.
  5. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    hmm, would be cool if he had an invisible ship, like wonder woman's invisible jet. :cool:
    [​IMG]

MeBeJedi and Strongbow like this.
  6. MeBeJedi

MeBeJedi Force Ghost star 6

May 30, 2002
    If Luke really wants to hide, I doubt he'd want someone else dropping him off. That's one person too many to know his location.

Then again, he could have hired a transport under a fake name. Who knows...

7. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    He did an inverted Kenobi and adopted the name Luke Lars ;)

8. Darth Jaster

Darth Jaster Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 5, 2017
    He dam well better make up for his massive failure of a jedi school reboot, letting Kylo turn evil mad quickly, and sitting idly by on an island as his best friend dies. Remember Empire Strikes Back Luke, "Yoda my friends are in trouble they need me! I'll finish my training later" compared to current Force Awakens Luke, "Eh Harrison doesn't even like playing Han, he'll probably be fine with Kylo."

9. titansupes

titansupes Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 30, 2013

He tracked down the First Jedi Temple. He's not just hanging out. He's on a mission. What kind of mission, we don't know yet.

With Han-- He sensed what was happening on Bespin because they were in pain. That's the whole reason Vader tortured them ("They didn't even ask me any questions..." and "He doesn't even want you, he's after somebody called Skywalker!"), so that Luke would sense it through The Force and come running. Han in TFA made an off the cuff decision to confront Kylo, and Kylo wasn't even convinced that he would kill him until the last second. No chance of Luke sensing that until it happened, much like Leia did. Similar to how the PT Jedi (save for Yoda) didn't figure out the Clones were turning on them... It all just happened too fast.

10. Vader0706

Vader0706 Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 2, 2017
    Luke at the end of TFA was one of the best cinema cliffhangers for me. In the cinema (a year ago), I almost shed a tear during that scene. Seeing this legendary Jedi Knight, wiser, older (and sadder), was magical.

I can't wait until we see more of him in Episode VIII.

11. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    same for me. :)

12. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    It was the happiest I'd ever been in a cinema as an adult.

13. Tiberius.Ogden

Tiberius.Ogden Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 6, 2016
  14. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    I bet it's wrecked on the island somewhere.

15. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012

Abrams could've had Luke in shadows, facing away from camera, you see the cybernetic hand so you know who it is. Then screen switches to the bridge scene with Han and Kylo with a hazy quality so we know he's seeing a vision, cut to Rey and the haziness is gone and down to the bridge and we're back being there. As Kylo pulls the saber out of his father and Han falls into the abyss, Rey screams and the shot becomes hazy again and we know we're watching Luke's vision... Luke's cybernetic hand clenches and slams into a rock and his hooded head bows down slowly in sorrow.

16. Gigoran Monk

Dec 2, 2016
    Terrible. Luke's reveal at the end was glorious, and would have been significantly diminished by a cutaway scene like that. I love Mark, but he's not the guy you want steering the ship. His ideas for Luke haven't been all that great. Ranging from his desire to see Luke go evil in ROTJ (and to have a Mohawk) to this one. Abrams and Kasdan made some mistakes with the TFA script, to be sure. But the ending wasn't one of them.

titansupes likes this.
  17. Django Fett

Nov 7, 2012

We already have a similar vague shot when Rey sees Luke patting Artoo with his cybernetic hand after he discovers the destruction of his Jedi temple, and that doesn't take anything away nor does it rob the audience the satisfaction at the end. Remember what I suggested wasn't to have a full blown shot of Luke, the only reason why you'd think it was Luke is you recognise the cybernetic hand from earlier. Having these little shots of a character in shadow or just their silhouette throughout TFA wouldn't disrupt the flow as long as it was kept ultra-brief.

18. Gigoran Monk

Dec 2, 2016

But that was contained within a vision, with the implications that what we were seeing was in the past. Suddenly cutting away to a vague shot of Luke, during a non-vision scene (such as Han's death) would pretty clearly suggest that we're seeing a present-day Luke. And that, IMO, would both be an awkward shift of point of view, and diminish the ending scene on Ahch-to.

19. Django Fett

Nov 7, 2012

In Rey's vision you see past, present and future.

I see what you mean and the danger that you could spoil a highly emotional ending which is just perfect.

Gigoran Monk likes this.
  20. titansupes

titansupes Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 30, 2013

Absolutely, AND it would be a totally unnecessary distraction to Han Solo's death scene. Us seeing Leia feel it works perfectly (and we can infer that Luke felt it in the same way), but suddenly cutting to him would've been flat out poor filmmaking for the sake of one extra "vague" shot of him. It'd have gone from "OMG Han's dead and Leia and Chewie are devestated oh no!" to "OMG Han's dead and-- wait, where we now? Who's that? Is that a mechanical hand?! Is that Luke?!"

21. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Agree. At this point Luke is a mystery. We already had been reintroduced to Leia. Cutting to her made sense, and played up her Force abilities.

Satipo and nightangel like this.
  22. Martoto77

Martoto77 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 6, 2016

Also, if you know the saga and the characters, you can reasonably assume that if Leia feels it, then Luke must feel it too. Unless something has happened to prevent Luke from sensing it.

ObiWanKnowsMe and themoth like this.
  23. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    :eek: Luke has lost his powers!!!

ObiWanKnowsMe likes this.
  24. Martoto77

Martoto77 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 6, 2016
    Totally. ;)

It could be that his focus (contemplating the future for the Jedi order, the republic, or his perceived failures) means that he is not sensitive to his feelings of attachment to Han and/or Leia at this time.

25. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    I hope not. [face_sigh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.