main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One Poll: Who is your favorite character of Rogue One?

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Ricardo Funes, Jan 24, 2017.

?

Who is your favorite character of Rogue One?

1. Jyn Erso

16.7%
  2. Cassian Andor

13.8%
  3. Orson Krennic

9.2%
  4. Chirrut Îmwe

18.0%
  5. Baze Malbus

1.1%
  6. K-2SO

19.8%
  7. Bodhi Rook

3.5%
  8. Saw Gerrera

2.9%
  9. Admiral Raddus

3.7%
  10. Darth Vader

11.2%
  1. Bob the X-Winger

Bob the X-Winger Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 8, 2016
    I have to say i love that hairy Polar Bear Yeti. He looks cool. You just gotta love those creatures they created. Epic looking.

2. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    I'm a Gigoran, and my name is Moroff!

DL44Jo, Blue 5, Avnar and 4 others like this.
  3. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998

Really? I thought you were an angel. O:)

4. BookExogorth

BookExogorth Force Ghost star 4

May 4, 2017
    Where's Galen? I would probably vote for him because of how he was protecting his family, and he made the Death Star (except for all those fixes the fixers will have to do when you compare it to Ep. 2, with the Geonosians.) I also liked his relationship with Jyn, and was super disappointed that he died.

DL44Jo, Ricardo Funes and Blue 5 like this.
  5. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    Sorry, lists are limited to 10 entries only.... it would be a nice upgrade if the admins could improve this limit...

And of course Raddus is the main character of the movie, so no way I would remove him to add Galen. :)

DL44Jo and BookExogorth like this.
  6. Shannon Darklighter

Shannon Darklighter Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jun 11, 1999
  7. Spacedeck

Spacedeck Jedi Padawan

May 7, 2017
    For me, my top 3 would be:

K-2SO
    Jyn Erso
    Chirrut Ímwe

I love K2 in this, he looks great, a changed droid, a serious but funny character.

DL44Jo, Ricardo Funes and Jim Smith like this.
  8. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    DL44Jo, Wrenegade, Mr. Forest and 3 others like this.
  9. Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest Chosen One star 6

Nov 1, 2012
    Having watched RO a dozen times now, it's just maddening to choose a favorite character. I think I have it down between Jyn, Cassian, Galen, and Krennic.

Legacy characters don't count, and Raddus simply ascends beyond petty character lists. As for the other new RO characters, I still like them and I find them to be fantastic.

10. miasma

miasma Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 29, 2013
    Today, I finally watched Rogue One for the second time! And I'm casting my vote (easily) for Jyn. She simply had the most depth, making her the most interesting. Krennic would be my second choice. After that, I don't know; the other characters were all serviceable, but I never really got invested in them.

11. ChieRynn

ChieRynn Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 17, 2017
    I had to say K2.

Second is Chirrut or Baze. Third is Cassian or Jyn

Ricardo Funes likes this.
  12. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Rogue One had heaps of great characters!

1. K-2SO
    2. Chirrut Imwe
    3. Baze Malbus
    4. Jyn Erso
    5. Darth Vader
    6. Director Orson Krennic
    7. Galen Erso
    8. General Merrick
    9. Admiral Raddus
    10. Grand Moff Tarkin

DL44Jo and Ricardo Funes like this.
  13. Princess Peachy

Princess Peachy Jedi Youngling

Jul 14, 2017
    Jyn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    I do like my good guys to have a palpable sense of humour.
    Noble, engaging..with a competently written dry wit and glint in their eye...
    So K2 and Chirrut were my favourites in Rogue One. Impossible to choose between the two...

DL44Jo and Ricardo Funes like this.
  15. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    Vader with Bodhi a close second.

16. CosmoHender

CosmoHender Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2016
    10. Grand Moff Tarkin
    9. Galen Erso
    8. Bodhi Rook
    7. Baze Malbus
    6. Director Orson Krennic
    5. Cassian Andor
    4. Jyn Erso
    3. Chirrut Imwe
    2. K-2SO
    1. Darth Vader

17. Lord_Volz

Lord_Volz Jedi Master star 2

May 23, 2002
    K-2SO. Even though I have the biggest crush on Felicity Jones.

18. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    I think its tough to pick one.

Of the protagonists I think Jynn carries the film very well. I don't necessarily go along with all the criticism of the supporting team. To me its no different a set of characters to any military sabotage or heist film like say the Guns of Navarone or The Italian Job, you have a focal point character or 2 and the rest are there along for the adventure but given less focus or development. That aspect does not affect my viewing enjoyment at all and in the case of Rogue One I came away (in particular) wanting to see more of The Guardians of the Whills and Jedha and also what adventures Cassian was up to before Rogue One. To me thats the sign that I enjoyed it and the characters.

Of the 3 main antagonists I think that Tarkin has got better for me the more I've viewed it. I like Krennic too, even though his role in the film is one of failure and being undermined by Tarkin I enjoyed Vaders small appearances and maybe that goes without saying, but not in the same way as the originals, the corridor scene is really good though eben though all it does is highlight his ruthlessness.

On a slightly different note, visually I love Edrio Two Tubes, (great design) and a lot of the background extras on Jedha and The Ring of Kafrene. A job well done there for me.

19. jarjarbinksthegungan

jarjarbinksthegungan Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 16, 2017
    I love K-2SO. He was so funny and matter-of-fact.

20. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Krennic, with K2 a close second.

Brilliantly cast, well-written character that really adds depth to a role with the Empire that previously had not existed via the many throwaway admirals/captains in the OT.

Darth Downunder likes this.
  21. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    What's impressive here is that there's not one runaway standout character. 5-6 of them are all popular. Shows a very strong ensemble cast.

DL44Jo, heels1785 and Gigoran Monk like this.
  22. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    That's true. I do think that the performances weren't up to par for a few of the mains - namely Luna - but the supporting cast is as strong as any SW film, I think.

23. Gigoran Monk

Dec 2, 2016
    Personally, I believe Luna gave the best performance of any Star Wars cast member to date (with Jones and Ahmed right behind him). I appreciate differing opinions, but am consistently baffled at some fan perspectives on Luna, who is widely considered one of the best actors of his generation. Did his accent throw people off? I don't get it.

DL44Jo, Sarge and mirrorbright like this.
  24. mirrorbright

mirrorbright Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 14, 2016

I second this, he's easy one of my favorite actors from the franchise now (if not favorite), his performance was exceptional. For example: when he had to shoot his informant, when he first received orders from Draven, every scene on Eadu, his reaction to Kay's death, final scenes. He just knows how to convey emotions in such a natural way. And he's been great in every movie I've seen with him.
    Maybe it is the accent, but I think that's what makes him so unique and I love him for it.

DL44Jo, Gigoran Monk and Sarge like this.
  25. Gigoran Monk

Dec 2, 2016
    Amen. I think by most objective standards of the acting profession, he gave an excellent performance. I can understand some folks not relating/ responding to his character, but it’s pretty much a fact that his acting is really good.

mirrorbright likes this.