main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC Which Star Wars era did you grow up in?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by basiloregano3004, Dec 9, 2016.

?

Which SW era did you grow up in?

1. 1977–1983: The Original Trilogy era

27.2%
  2. 1984–1990: The Calm era

11.7%
  3. 1991–1996: The Thrawn trilogy/EU jumpstart/pre-Special Edition VHS era

12.2%
  4. 1997–2007: The Special Edition/Prequels/OG Clone Wars multimedia project era

40.0%
  5. 2008–2014: The New Clone Wars era

7.8%
  6. 2015–present: The Disney/Force Awakens era

1.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    Born August 1997. Saw my first SW film (TPM) in 2001. Then AOTC in 2002. Watched the originals and the old Clone Wars show in 2004. Didn't become a SW fan until 2005 when ROTS came out. And I was a SW nerd until around 2011. After that, I moved on but came back to the Fandom in 2015.

2. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    I was born after Beauty and the Beast (1991) but before Princess and the Frog (2009) I never played with Disney Princess toys either, although Darth Gaston was my favorite character, along with Emperor Jafar.

Sarge likes this.
  3. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Chosen One star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    Well I have seen the Ewoks cartoon and the Ewoks films before I knew what Star Wars is (when I saw ROTJ it blew my mind as I was surprised to see the Ewoks in Star Wars). Also had some action figures and micro machines but did not know what they were from. But the first time I saw the OT was in 1997 (when I was 7) the Special Editions so I became a fan immediately.

JawaShuffle likes this.
  4. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    I was born in 1977 so I pretty much grew up with the originals. I remember seeing ROTJ in the theater. I lived through the dark times of the late 80's and early 90's with no SW but never gave up hope. Once the Thrawn trilogy came out I jumped on it and never let go.

JawaShuffle likes this.
  5. Beercorn

Beercorn Jedi Youngling

Apr 5, 2017
    I was born in 1986 so even though I was born during the "Calm Era", I would say I didn't get really involved in the Star Wars culture until the time of the Thrawn Trilogy and the jumpstart of the EU.

6. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    I was born in 73 so I grew up watching the OT on VHS every chance I got.

7. SmallTatooineSun

SmallTatooineSun Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 16, 2016
    Same. My brother took me to see TESB in the theater and I brought my Princess Leia bubble bath with me ( [face_blush] ). I also had a photo album full of ROTJ trading cards.
    OT era!

8. Eeyore freak

Eeyore freak Jedi Knight star 2

May 19, 2016
    I was six when TPM was released so I guess I technically am in the prequel era. But I still feel like I "grew up" on the original trilogy. I had already watched them a dozen or so times before I saw TPM. In fact, I remember being so confused about why that young guy was being called Obi-Wan when Obi-Wan was an old guy. That's when my dad explained the concept of a prequel to me.

9. Nanaki

Nanaki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 5, 2016
    I learned what prequels were with Street Fighter Alpha.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

10. TheMoldyCrow

TheMoldyCrow Jedi Master star 3

Jun 16, 2015
    I was introduced to Star Wars through the OT, but I saw them in the Prequel era at a young age. I grew up mostly with the Prequels and the two Clone Wars cartoons.

11. Ava G.

Ava G. Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2016
    My father, now dearly departed, took me to see the Special Editions a long time ago in a theater far, far away.

12. TheSithWriter

TheSithWriter Jedi Master

Aug 7, 2003
    I was born in 1978, but I've never really considered myself as having fully grown up. :D

13. JawaShuffle

JawaShuffle Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 22, 2016
    '77 here. Saw RotJ in the cinema and would have seen ANH and ESB around that time too. Was sadly too careless with my action figures and they are now buried under some building. I think it was just before the prequals came out I got into a few of Zahn's novels and loved any books on the 'making of' SW. I had a fair bit of hate for the prequals and refused to see them for a number of years...I've since grown to appreciate them and recognise them as part of the story.

christophero30 likes this.
  14. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    It was also the year that George Lucas first conceived Star Wars, and Starbucks first opened.

15. Darth Formidious

Darth Formidious Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2015
    I'd be very worried if someone cast a vote for Force Awakens era. [face_nail_biting]

Mostly Handless and MrMojoRisin like this.
  16. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    Yeah, I was kind of wondering why that option was on here. I know we have some young ones in here, but I don't think there are any 1-2 year olds posting.

17. Darth Formidious

Darth Formidious Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2015
    Haha that is a very disturbing thought, indeed! [face_laugh]

18. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Me, too! It was just a few weeks after my birthday, and I didn't want to see 'some stupid war movie.' I got outvoted. I'm glad of that.

I did think the Stormtroopers were robots at first. And the novel taught me what the word 'obsidian' meant.

19. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Born September of 93 but did not see Star Wars til the prequels were coming out. I am a PT era kid through and through :D

20. Master of None

Master of None Jedi Master star 4

Jun 14, 2016
    I'm not going to say when I was born but I took my then 2 year old son to see Star Wars (thank God he was good) and I've been a geek ever since.
    Star Wars is pretty much the only movies I will tolerate going to a theatre for.

21. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    Being born in May of 72, I am so happy to have grown up in the OT era. Although, I don't feel like I ever really grew up.

22. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    I got into Star Wars prior to 2008, but seeing The Clone Wars in theater was a real landmark. I've grown a bit critical of the show in recent years, but I still enjoy the show as it really was my Star Wars for a while.

Grievousdude likes this.
  23. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017

I hear you. Saw the original trilogy in the theater as a kid. Like the prequels as well. Love everything Star Wars. :)

Mostly Handless likes this.
  24. Zdarlight

Zdarlight Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 1, 2016
    Prequels. The release of Phantom Menace grabbed my attention as a sci-fi loving kid when I was 11, then my dad made me watch the original trilogy. I'm a big reader, so I got straight into the EU books... the rest is history.

25. Nibelung

Nibelung Jedi Padawan star 2

Apr 18, 2017
    The 1990s: the Heir to the Empire/EU renaissance era. When the OT was firmly established as a cultural touchstone, but before the Special Editions and the Prequels rewrote canon and caused upheaval in the fandom.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.