main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo Vehicles/Tech in the Han Solo Movie

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by DaddlerTheDalek, Mar 28, 2017.

1. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
    Let's talk about the tech/weapons & starships/other vehicles of the Han Solo Anthology Movie!

whostheBossk and Taylore like this.
  2. RogueFlyboy96

RogueFlyboy96 Jedi Youngling

Jan 8, 2017
    I'm interested to see if Han will start off with his signature DL-44 blaster, or get it halfway through the movie. A gift from someone, perhaps?

J7Luke and The Regular Mustache like this.
  3. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    oooo Might we see a slicer? Is that a thing still? wouldn't mind a little retro/future holo/matrix stuff.

Taylore likes this.
  4. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I wonder what kind of sensor dish the Falcon will start out with.

J7Luke and Taylore like this.
  5. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    triangle. obviously

EHT, Alien Vanguard, KevinM1 and 4 others like this.
  6. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I'm hoping we're able to keep TIE Fighters and AT-AT walkers to a minimum this time. Guess I'll add Star Destroyers in there too. Between Rebels, Rogue One-and even TFA really-I've kind of had my fill of standard-issue Imperial type vehicles personally.

If the timeframe is early on in the days of the empire (as it seems it might be), it may be logical to think those wouldn't be in cycle yet anyways at this point...

PymParticles , GregMcP and Taylore like this.
  7. Taylore

Taylore Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 14, 2017
    It'd be cool to see some huge orbital shipyards at or near Corellia. Not military fleets, just tons of civilian ships, or maybe a junkyard from which Han scrounges parts.

When I think of Corellia, I think of fast, modded ships like the Falcon, but in all kinds of shapes and sizes.

Also, I know that there were some stories in the old days about how fast a draw Han was with a blaster, so maybe he can be show doting on his favorite sidearm.

8. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Taylore, did you read Brian Daley's books? I love those.

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  9. Taylore

Taylore Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 14, 2017
    No, I never have, only the A.C. Crispin ones, but I've read the summaries for the Daley books and I even used to have a paperback of them, always meant to.

10. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    IMO, Daley captured the feel of OT Han and Chewie better than anybody else. There's not a lot of depth or arc to them, but they're loads of fun.

Baron_Papanerd and Taylore like this.
  11. icqfreak

icqfreak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 1999
    Would be cool if some prequel ships are still around. Maybe show some V-wings or Arcs being phased out for ties.

12. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I've wondered that too. I feel like they'll be some retconning going on in this film and learning that Han's blaster was given to him by Woody Harrelson's character seems like a possibility.

Do you all think the Falcon originally came with the chess table or do you think we might see Han telling Lando, "I made a few improvements"?

13. Jonipoon

Jonipoon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2014
    Second-hand, modified V-wings and Arcs would be cool.

J7Luke, vncredleader and GregMcP like this.
  14. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015

Yeah, let the Walker's rest for a movie.
    Walker's are really cool, so I get why director wants to use them, but go play with other cool things.

15. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    Yeah I am tired of them. I think we over use walkers. They should be used in particular situations and we constantly contrive to put them in every major fight. Use hovercrafts.

Sarge likes this.
  16. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    Somewhere in one of these threads, I posted my wish for there to be an Imperial Side Gunner vehicle, like from the Droids series. Chewie hops in the driver's seat, and Han takes the side car. Chewie gets fed up with the cramped quarters, and tears the hatch off the top. This photo from the past is a prediction of a scene in Han's film.
    [​IMG]
    http://theswca.com/images-toys/figuretoys/sidegunner.html

17. Scapro Tyler

Scapro Tyler Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 17, 2015
    I admit I may be the only person who wants this but I want to see Uglies in some way on film. The concept behind pirates and scavengers having to wield portions of different ships together in order to get a full working space craft. Would love a young Han to be helping to build one.

CaptainEO and vncredleader like this.
  18. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I don't mind seeing an occasional one-off ugly, but I hate the concept of matching squadrons of uglies. If you have the parts, just build the ships the way they were designed. They work much better that way. Starship engineers are not fools; they design ships that work well. Slapping together pieces of totally different designs and expecting them to work is at best wildly optimistic. It would be like trying to build something out of a chainsaw and an espresso machine; you might be able to put the pieces together, but it won't be much good for cutting wood or brewing coffee.

CaptainEO, J7Luke and Scapro Tyler like this.
  19. Scapro Tyler

Scapro Tyler Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 17, 2015
    I agree. I don't want a whole squad of "X-TIEs." but I really want to see some one offs.

vncredleader and Sarge like this.
  20. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
    Some vehicle designs from the Han Solo movie! More on MakingStarWars.
    Imperial presense confirmed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    These are wonderful.

DaddlerTheDalek likes this.
  22. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    Cool! I wonder if these ships are specifically used by a subset faction of the Empire, that specialize in pursuing smugglers and pirates. The Imperials that actually board freighters like the Falcon; like what Han Solo mentioned to Jabba in the ANH Special Edition.

DaddlerTheDalek and Gigoran Monk like this.
  23. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Given the rumoured shooting at Tilbury Docks I wonder whether that Imperial Craft isn't some type of tug/workhorse used for moving freight around? Those hooks on the end of the rotating arms could latch onto something?

24. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    I'll be happy with more mundane, civil, commerical craft. Maybe small Imperial frigates... It's not a story about the biggest most badass ships at war. It's small scale traders and crooks and custom officers.

25. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Exactly. These designs look great.

DaddlerTheDalek and Gigoran Monk like this.