main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Should Qui-Gon appear in the end of The Return of the Jedi?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Lord Sith Harloxzz, May 14, 2017.

?

Should Qui-Gon appear in the end of The Return of the Jedi?

Poll closed Aug 20, 2017.
  1. Yes

6 vote(s)
    10.9%
  2. No

49 vote(s)
    89.1%
  1. Qui-Gon Jinn has been a very relevant character in Star Wars his presence is a key that connects the Prequels with the Orginal Trilogy and he was the mentor of Anakin, Obi-Wan and Yoda.

And I think Qui-Gon would have sought Anakin upon learning that Anakin would have become Darth Vader for me this character would have looked for a way to bring back to Anakin to light

So I think this character deserves to have more relevance in the Original Trilogy so I think a small appearance in the Return of the Jedi would be a right choice

What do you think about it? (Sorry for my bad english)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. fastcooljosh

fastcooljosh Jedi Master star 2

Mar 15, 2017
    I would like it, but Qui Gon and Luke never talked with each other so it would be weird.

But you know where Qui Gon should definitely appear ? In the Obi Wan spin off ;)

3. Darth Formidious

Darth Formidious Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2015
  4. TheMoldyCrow

TheMoldyCrow Jedi Master star 3

Jun 16, 2015
    No, Luke doesn't even know who that is!

5. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Absolutely not.

That end scene of Jedi went from perfect to horrible already - Don't make it worse!

6. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    Luke would just be confused.

7. Not necessarily Qui Gon may appear as a ghost but he can appear in a flashback of Vader at the moment that Luke is being tortured by Sidious That would be great

8. theMaestro

theMaestro Jedi Master star 3

Oct 16, 2015
    Would Vader having a flashback to Qui-Gon really make sense though? I mean, what was the duration of time that Anakin even interacted with Qui-Gon? From Tattooine to Coruscant to Naboo. That was a few days? A week? If we think about all the attachments that Anakin had, Qui-Gon just isn't one of them. It would make no sense at all. For it to even come close to working, we would need to insert scenes into TPM, AOTC, and ROTS where Qui-Gon's spirit is reaching out to Anakin and guiding him. At least there would be some build-up then. But to just have him in Vader's flashback when Anakin only knew him for such a short period of time wouldn't really work.

DarthCricketer and TX-20 like this.
  9. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    I do think there are places Qui Gon could appear in the OT but that scene isn't one of them.

Iron_lord likes this.
  10. Darth__Lobot

Darth__Lobot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 29, 2015
    If you put him at the end celebration then we'd have 2 ghosts Luke wouldn't recognize

11. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Appear, no. He can't unless an area is exceptionally powerful with the Force. His incomplete training only allowed him to manifest as a presence andvoice, not a proper visible ghost

And I think, even if there were a special special special special edition or whatever, it'd be too hard to find a good place for a Qui-Gon message

theraphos and Emperor Ferus like this.
  12. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    Reminds me of this...

TheMoldyCrow likes this.
  13. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    No..

14. DarthZ07

DarthZ07 Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 11, 2005
    [​IMG]

CT1138 likes this.
  15. theraphos

theraphos Jedi Knight star 2

May 20, 2016
    This is really the only answer. Qui-Gon literally cannot do this.

16. Sith Lord 2015

Sith Lord 2015 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 30, 2015
    Absolutely not. Then Mace, "good" Dooku and all other Jedi would have to appear as well. Only the ones appeared to Luke who knew him personally. I'm sure he recognized young Anakin for who he is. Who else could he be even if he looks different? But Qui-Gon doesn't make sense. After all this is not a "Dead Jedi Reunion".

Kenneth Morgan likes this.
  17. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    No, he can't do it.

He can recognize the three Jedi spirits well enough.

18. Martoto77

Martoto77 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 6, 2016
    It would be funny to have Anakin recognise Qui Gon and say

"Wait! How long before I turned to the darkside where you and Yoda talking to each other even though you were supposed to be dead? What happened to letting go? Huh? Yoda? I'm talking to you. Ok just ignore me then like I'm a ghost nobody can see.

Well it suddenly seems like letting people go is a must for plebs, while having them around after they are quote D-E-A-D end quote is only ok for Master but evil, greedy and selfish for young guys like me who can still catch a senator's eye.

Well do you know what? I never got the chance to say this 22 years ago but I'm going to enjoy this now. I QUIT!! You can stick your council seat up your thermal exhaust port. Shielded or not shielded.

So now I'm no longer a Jedi or a Sith, I can have as many wives as I want with a clear conscience. And the rest of the galaxy can do whatever it likes as far as I'm concerned."

Sith Lord 2015 likes this.
  19. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    Good Lord, no.

20. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013

So did RotS Anakin and RotJ Luke, but we've Hayden Christensen at the end. It's already weird, I wouldn't mind even Mace Windu at this point.

Why not ? At the end of the RotJ, the Force is balanced, so it could be special to only that moment, such as sometimes Force users are getting more powerful due to the emotions and the will of the Force.

21. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    There's no RotS Anakin, there's only Anakin. And Luke met/knew Anakin.

Sith Lord 2015 and fastcooljosh like this.
  22. fastcooljosh

fastcooljosh Jedi Master star 2

Mar 15, 2017
    +1

23. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    No way should he be in it, he has no relevance to Luke. Having a young Anakin in there is bad enough.

24. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    No. He never completed the Force Priestess teachings that would have allowed him to fully realize as a physical manifestation. The only reason he was able to do it on Mortis is because Mortis is a Force conduit that amplifies the Force.

TheMoldyCrow likes this.
  25. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    "We never see the ghost of Qui-Gon; he's not that accomplished. He's able to retain his personality, but he's not able to become a corporeal ghost."

--George Lucas, The Making Of ROTS, Page 40.

This is why he doesn't appear outside of Mortis. That's why Lucas didn't include him in the 04 DVD set and the Blu-Ray set.