main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Guess The Donald's Resignation Date

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darth Punk , Feb 1, 2017.

1. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Yeah except you know your government directly interfered in our elections right?

This is tame by comparison. I love how you're all falling into the trap of thinking the Donald is unique somehow; "Oh, look what he's done now."

Every boorish, crass, stupid, damaging thing he's done since taking office has been done by someone else in the White House. Let's do the comparisons:

* Can't stop talking about the "historic" significance of his election victory: See also; war of independence, US in WWII
    * Racist exclusionary policies: See, "US: A Modern history of"
    * Underplanned military operations: See also, Clinton, William J
    * Mistreated allies: See also: Eisenhower, Dwight D; Nixon, Richard M, Johnson, Lyndon B
    * Antagonised a foreign power for nationalist stupidity: see also Reagan, Ronald Something; Truman, Harry S; Clinton, William J

He is you and all your compatriots, your history and your values, distilled into one being.

You guys don't like what you see. Funny that.

2. Darth Nerdling

Darth Nerdling Force Ghost star 4

Mar 20, 2013
    Emperor for Life.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  3. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Well yes, of course. And so was Thomas Jefferson. The difference being ol TJ is long dead and we are living with Trump.

But how is he going to interfere with the markets exactly? I just want clarification what was said.

4. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    We need a new fun topic, this one's broken

soitscometothis and yankee8255 like this.
  5. Darth Nerdling

Mar 20, 2013

Ender, this is not the strongest argument.

1st, if you distilled all the best policies and decisions by all of the US presidents into a single person, then that guy would be an exemplary leader.

2nd, even the best presidents made bad or arguably bad decisions -- Lincoln habeas corpus, FDR Japanese internment camps.

3rd, Trump has only been in there 13 days. He will do awful things never before seen in a US presidency. Possible milestones: most authoritarian president ever, most erratic president ever (though Nixon set a high bar), most corrupt president ever (good competition there too), most incompetent president ever, most childish president ever -- ding, ding, ding, we already have 1 winner: biggest inaugural crowd ever! Meryl Streep is over-rated! CIA, you're a bunch of Nazis. I mean, I love you, and the media made that up.

Actually, I think Dubya is a greater exemplification of US culture and its people: an entitled dumb, incurious, arrogant non-self-reflective fratboy.

Dubya was like The Great Gatsby's Tom Buchanan in the Oval Office, so it's not like Americans have not been critiquing its own flaws for like forever.

Trump is a power-mad pathological liar with a narcissistic personality disorder. I could imagine him taking very different political positions on some issues as long as they helped win.

I'm not saying he doesn't help your argument (he certainly does), but I think it's too simple to make him out to be the perfect epitome of America as you are.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  6. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    You'll forgive me if I ignore the above given how it conforms to the indoctrination bias model in your country?

SuperWatto likes this.
  7. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Trump will cease being President of the USA in 2029 when, hiding deep in a bunker underneath Trump Tower NYC and cackling madly, he hits "The Button" (which Trump insisted be big and gold) which triggers a series of automated and precise nuclear strikes across the globe, reducing the entire Earth to a charred out husk. Trump then starves to death as the last specimen of mankid and eventually tens of thousands of years later a sole yellow wig is found by super-evolved dolphins.

They shrug (or whatever shrugging passes for with super-evolved dolphins) and continue on their way.

8. Darth Nerdling

Mar 20, 2013
    [face_tired]

9. Sarchet

Sarchet Jedi Master star 2

Jan 23, 2016
    November 4, 2020.... drowned in urine while celebrating his second win.

10. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Yeahhh, bumping my own thread.

So, any new guesses?

Pensivia likes this.
  11. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    Democrats win control of the House at midterm, begin impeachment proceeding against Trump, impeachment fails in the Senate. Trump finishes his first term, gets a primary challenger, who beats him in a historic upset of a sitting president. The end.

http://www.npr.org/sections/politicaljunkie/2009/07/a_president_denied_renominatio.html

John Kasich is trying to position himself for a primary challenge, which seems laughable on its face, yet Kasich's ability to come across as a normally competent politician now seems like a priceless asset.

12. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    He won't resign. He will fight this all the way to impeachment.

SpecForce Trooper likes this.
  13. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    Jan. 20th, 2025

14. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    Yep. Two terms then whoever he annoits as his successor. Maybe Ivanka.

MrMojoRisin likes this.
  15. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000

16. a star war

a star war Force Ghost star 5

May 4, 2016
    lol

Rew likes this.
  17. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    September 25, 2017.

18. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    Just for kicks I'm gonna go with August 8th.

19. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
  20. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Affordable healthcare

21. seattlemusicnerd

seattlemusicnerd Jedi Master star 3

Dec 23, 2014
    Really? You think President Pence wouldn't sign the same dang bill?
    Just for grins, I'm going with a resignation/impeachment date US Thanksgiving Day 2017, so we can all be thankful for something...

22. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Why else would the prize be health coverage for the winner?

23. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    That's not taking into account Trump getting us all nuked to kingdom come first huh?

24. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001

Don't be cruel.

25. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    Just remember, impeachment doesn't necessarily mean removal from office. Presidents have been impeached before but never removed from office because of it.