main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The US Politics discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ghost, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    For those without any sense of history or international affairs, perhaps.

Ender Sai likes this.
  2. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Clearly, it is time:

[​IMG]

DanielUK likes this.
  3. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    A visit from the proctologist?

4. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    I was thinking more in terms of exorcising the White House of Trump.

Darth_Voider, Ghost, EHT and 3 others like this.
  5. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    Why Mueller then you don't think they got him because Commey and the FBI found something really Juicy? To fire an FBI Director he is supposed to have done something Illegal Commey did nothing Illegal. Don't you think Trump fired him because he was getting close to the heart of the matter? You don't think this is looking like What happened to Nixon only worse? Look let me be honest with you I voted For George W Bush but now I admit it was a mistake. there comes a point we have to come to realize we voted for the wrong candidate. it is hard to admit sometimes we made a mistake but once you do you feel a whole lot better not as angry anymore, it happened to me then I voted for two terms of Obama and Clinton and I am damn proud of both candidates I voted for the last three Elections.

6. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    Imagine the most backward part of England that you know of. Now make it about 50% worse than that. Add a lot of meth and opioids. That's half of America.

America is not a First World country.

7. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    You forgot to add in a ****load of guns.

8. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001

No, I knew what you meant. :p Funny stuff.

Vaderize03 and Jedi Ben like this.
  9. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008
    Well was Ford considered a lame duck after he pardoned Nixon?

10. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    In this particular instance, I approve more of America. Rioting is not civilised behaviour. Besides, when you riot, you're not even harming the authorities or the target of your ire, you're smashing up random people's stuff. What good is that?

11. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    If Trump was innocent why wouldn't he welcome an investigation to prove his innocence instead of being on the defensive this whole time?

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  12. Likewater

Likewater Jedi Master star 4

Dec 31, 2009
    Rioting not civilized behavior, If one culture values possessions more that people what more logical course of action can you take than destroying what your society values more than you?

CT-867-5309 and V-2 like this.
  13. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001

Because many times those rioters actually destroy the possessions of people in their own community, not "the man's".

14. SergeyX2017

SergeyX2017 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 14, 2017
    I agree, having been caught up in the 2011 Stanley Cup riot in Vancouver
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (the bald dude, I saw him there myself before, near the post office and the library, this was; I believe he was one of the good guys, I am pretty sure he was trying to stop the drunk young idiots from vandalizing cars; but I'm not sure entirely, there was so much going on...)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Note, the rioters were of various races/ethnic backgrounds. This is Canada, even our riots are multicultural lol

They were looting and stuff
    [​IMG]
    I was working as a security guard at the time, right in the midst of it, Downtown, in a business, after hours, this **** went on all around me... My store, actually, where I was working then, was Sport Chek. There was just me and couple employees, two girls. I actually recall I told them to go into a back room, lock the door; grabbed a baseball bat from stock, and was ready to f-n fight anyone who tried to break in... But police chased them away from our area fairly quickly, fortunately...

And, later, they used security camera and cell phone and other social media footage and photos, to ID and prosecute everyone involved in the riot, or, at least, most of them, hundreds of people. There was a special joint task force set up for it by the RCMP and the Vancouver PD. Very cool :) None of them got away with it. I am happy about that. Hopefully, they learned a lesson.

gezvader28 likes this.
  15. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    What If Trump and his Officers came to say my neighborhood In Southwest Florida going door to door asking people to pledge there allegiance to him and when people refuse they are dragged off in the middle of the night never to be heard from again, you don't think we should fight back then? That's what Hitler had his SS Officers do. I wouldn't be surprised to see Trump do the same if he isn't stopped?

16. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008
    Yglesias from Vox and Barro from Business Insider brought up a good point about this the other day. Trump himself is likely not guilty of collusion with the Russians, He just isn't smart enough to pull something like that off. However, an investigation could uncover the many shady dealings within the Trump Foundation (ex. Money laundering, tax evasion, racketeering, you know the usually stuff that corrupt American businessmen do.:p)

Darth Nerdling likes this.
  17. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    Bruh...

ShaneP likes this.
  18. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    Trump is smarter then you think otherwise he wouldn't have gotten this far.

My SS Officer scenario dragging people out of there homes is already happening, to Mexicans. some who have lived here most of there lives don't know Spanish but are forced to live in Mexico.

19. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    what an utterly stupid post , burning cities is no casual matter , grow up .

20. SergeyX2017

Jan 14, 2017
    Dude, Trump can't do squat lol Trump wanted to ban Muslim immigrants or something, courts slapped him down, and that's that. And where's that wall on the Mexican border? lol

He's all mouth, man, all talk, all hot air. A poser. That's all. Nothing to fret about :)

21. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    My SS Officer scenario dragging people out of there homes is already happening, to Mexicans. some who have lived here most of there lives don't know Spanish but are forced to live in Mexico.

and maybe this doesn't hit home with some of you but Mental Illness is something in my family I have relatives who are Bipolar, Schizophrenic, Clinically depressed, ADHD, Aspergers Syndrome, these have all been things different family members have been diagnosed with over the years. What If one of these Dreamer Illegal Aliens from Mexico that get deported and have serious mental illness and cant take care of themselves, I guess the easy answer is now they are Mexico's problem but you know what, That just doesn't cut it for me. :mad:

22. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    In my city about nine months ago, we had marches, rallies and vigils against police abuse of power and systematic racism, and we had riots.

The marches, rallies and vigils were effective. The riots were frightening, pissed people off, and energized the "Blue Lives Matter" crowd. Unfortunately for many inclined to believe that systematic racism does not exist and/or that black people who are shot by police deserve it 100 percent of the time, the riots were all they saw and heard about, and they were energized to their own cause. The riots made the peaceful protests and vigils less effective.

V-2, Valairy Scot, starfish and 5 others like this.
  23. SergeyX2017

Jan 14, 2017
    That's deportation. Not a frigging Holocaust. Deportation. It doesn't just happen to Mexicans, dude. Not only Latinos are illegals. If you must know... My mom's cousin's daughter, whatever you call such a familial relation... has lived for nearly a decade in Chicago as an illegal immigrant (she came on a student visa and stayed afterwards). She's worked all kinds of crappy jobs; been robbed, at one point (by people she trusted, foolishly, because, as she told me, they were also Russians, and she, the idiot, told them her mom was wiring her a big sum of money from Moscow... she then went and got the cash, at Western Union, I think; and next day, her apartment broken into and ransacked, money gone; it must have been those guys, obviously).

Well, now, she is tired of her life in the US, and of her POS boyfriend whom she met while waitressing in a local Russian restaurant. Liked him because he is a musician (plays at the restaurant), and was, apparently, a perfect gentleman on their first date. Except, when they started living together, he suddenly turned into a nasty drunk who beat the crap out of her...

And Natalia, her mom, back in Moscow, is in bad health, wants her daughter by her side right now, along with other relations. But Nadya doesn't have the money for a plane ticket home (or the ID to travel legally, as an undocumented immigrant, fo course).

So, she has now voluntarily surrendered herself to ICE and will soon be sent back to Russia, of own free will.

24. SergeyX2017

Jan 14, 2017
    Russia, apparently, hacked Pentagon's Twitter:

More: Inside Russia’s Social Media War on America

Wow...

25. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    there deporting tons of Dreamers who lived here since they were baby's and don't speak Spanish or have kids that were born here and spouses that were born here. They are separating families :mad: and what to my point in my last post about dreamers with mental illness that means nothing to you? also most of the dreamers that had trouble with the law it was not serious crimes, petty misdemeanors.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.