main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Lost Stars manga

Discussion in 'Literature' started by LelalMekha, Apr 18, 2017.

1. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    There's an [link removed]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2018
    JediBatman likes this.
  2. JediBatman

JediBatman Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2015
    I think Yendor and the Ciena flashback would have clued me in.

3. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    Yeah I missed the panel that Ciena was in and I completely forgot about the Yendor character. Surprised to see that he has been in two of the Aftermath books and Bloodline as well. He's probably one of those background characters where if you drift off for a paragraph or two in the books you will completely miss his reference.

4. JediBatman

May 3, 2015
    Huh, I didn't know Yendor appeared in the Aftermath books. Neat.

5. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013

Well, he was a POV character in at least one Interlude in Life Debt, I think. In Bloodline, I think he was a POV character at least once, too. But in Empire's End, yeah, he was pretty much background, I think.

6. JediBatman

May 3, 2015
    IIRC Yendor didn't have a POV moment in Bloodline. He shows up once on Hosnian Prime to complain to the Senate, and then again when Leia's investigation brings her to Ryloth. That's reusing a background character done right in my book: His role could have been played by any other high ranking Twi'lek, but the fact that it was Yendor added something. In this case it led to Leia recognizing him and reminiscing about the days of the Rebellion and how they've all grown old.

Sinrebirth , Revanfan1 and AV-6R7 like this.
  7. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013

Yeah, that's right. But he was hardly a blink-and-you-miss-him cameo.

JediBatman likes this.
  8. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    Kinda like that guy who's in the first Pirates of the Caribbean and says "That's got to be the best Pirate I've ever seen" much to Norrington's chagrin then he shows up again in the third one as a flunky of Cutler Beckett then he's also in the fourth one and he rescues Captain Jack and Barbossa from the enemy camp but you totally don't even know it's the same guy because he's not wearing his wig and then he dies when he tries to raise a flag over the Fountain of Youth but is shot by the Spaniards and if somebody said to you "Would you believe me if I told you that that guy's been in THREE Pirates movies now?" you'd be like "Nah way mate you're havin' a laugh" but it would be true and you'd be like "But they never even said his name..." So yeah I imagine Yendor is the SW equivalent of that guy.

So yeah, Yendor --- I haven't read any of the books he's in, but I just looked him up on the Wook and it says he and Thane are in a snowspeeder at Hoth but aren't members of Rogue Group. What's the deal with that? Are some of the snowspeeders we see in Empire supposed to be members of Corona Squadron, then? Or are the Coronas not seen on-screen? Their Wook article doesn't list Empire in the "Appearances" section, and the Rogues are still the real McCoy in new-canon. So are Corona Squadron just flying around and taking down AT-ATs off-screen, or what?

9. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    Jeff_Ferguson
    Corona was probably defending the transports. The Empire probably attacked the transports, as well as the shield generator.

JediBatman likes this.
  10. SpecForce Trooper

Jun 19, 2016
    Just read the first chapter. Pretty awesome. I save my time for EU novels, so I never read Lost Stars, but I'm down for any good comic. A rebel wasn't squashed by an AT-AT* in this, but it was still great.
    *This happens in the ESB Manga.

11. JediBatman

May 3, 2015
    We already have an offscreen Juggernaut at Hoth according to Twilight Company. And Thane blows off one of the walker's feet, while all of the 6 or so walkers we see in the film have all four feet. So I have no problem assuming Corona Squadron had an offscreen battle with some additional AT-ATs.

12. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006

I make Thane and Yendor Rogue Nine in my list (sorry Stevan Makintay and Barlon Hightower).

13. SpecForce Trooper

Jun 19, 2016
    I won't compromise an EU source for anything. Thane is either numbered after Dash Rendar, or he's in a separate squadron.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  14. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    [link removed]

15. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Well, at least Ciena's in more than one panel now.

Still no Imperial Ball.

16. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I'm going to pretend that's Tycho and Wedge laughing maniacally with the Rodians.

17. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Wedge badly needs a shave, in that case. Did Janson steal his space razor or something?

thedarkbeckons likes this.
  18. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    [link removed]

19. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    I am loving this so far. But then, I've always loved the manga style. There's such energy and the faces are really good at conveying a wide range of emotions.

SpecForce Trooper likes this.
  20. JediBatman

May 3, 2015
    Liked the duality of zooming in on the Liberty, and then Zooming in on the Star Destroyers.

Jedi Princess likes this.
  21. thedarkbeckons

thedarkbeckons Jedi Master star 1

Dec 2, 2013
    This...is interesting. Can't say I agree with the choice of starting with the events of ESB, and Chapter 1 was kind of all-over-the-place storywise, but other than that I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this.

Mostly interested for the artwork though, as I'm convinced nothing would ever be better than the book.

22. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006

Would it be possible to see some of the art?

Also has anything been added to the story (I only finally found a copy to read last week)?

23. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    The city of Valentia, on Jelucan, where Ciena and Thane met Tarkin:
    [​IMG]

24. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    A true Sep planet, that.

darthcaedus1138 and Daneira like this.
  25. JediBatman

May 3, 2015
    Maybe I need to reread my copy of Lost Stars, but is it ever explicitly said that Jelucan joined the Separatists? I remember some people in the crowd crying during young Tarkin's speech, but that's a bout it. The way it was annexed by the Empire I just assumed it was sort of like Adumar from Legends: unaligned with galactic government by virtue of being beneath notice.