main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Has Darth Revan been canonised?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Darth Formidious, May 19, 2017.

1. Darth Formidious

Darth Formidious Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2015
    [​IMG]

The above is an extract from the Obi-Wan and Anakin Comic- Issue 4. As we see, there is a warrior that looks suspiciously similar to Darth Revan, we are also aware that the individual carried a red lightsaber and the events took place over a 1000 years before TPM.

Does this suggest Darth Revan, or even his mere image, is canon?

Darkslayer likes this.
  2. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    No. It means an unknown individual appeared in an hologram.

3. Seeker Of The Whills

Seeker Of The Whills Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    It's obvious the writer and/or artist intended for the hologram to be of Darth Revan, but they had to obscure it because of the character's currently ambiguous existence in the "new" canon. I don't think it will be long before he's brought fully back to continuity. We can count on Filoni to at least reference him somewhere.

4. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    It means someone ''look like'' Revan appeared in the hologram. No one confirmed that he was.

5. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    That looks like a face - or a face-shaped mask - with a nose to me.

Subtext Mining likes this.
  6. OneTrueOverlord

OneTrueOverlord Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 19, 2015
    Between this image and Twilight of the Apprentice, the iconic outfit of the Dark Lord Revan is most certainly canon. (Look at the walls)

The person behind the mask? Well that's still up in the air but I have a feeling Filoni's linked them to whoever the spirit in the holocron.

7. Blue 5

Blue 5 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2017
    They may canonize Revan if their video game maker, EA, requests them to. All it takes is one line in a movie.

J7Luke likes this.
  8. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    He almost was in TCW

But, despite there being a few things brought into current canon from Kotor, Revan is not one of them as of yet

Darth Formidious likes this.
  9. SensationalSean

SensationalSean Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2014
    I feel like the Story Group have been toying with us when it comes to Revan, but it'll happen. Perhaps with the announcement of a KOTOR remake/remaster?!

10. I hope not If they want Revan to become canon they have to adapt the stories of the games in the new canon

I dont want to see a Sith Random that is called Revan when in fact it is not the Revan that we met in Legends

11. Jolee Bindo

Jolee Bindo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2016
    I reckon he'll be name-dropped sometime soon, though I doubt he'll have any significant impact. Hopefully if he features in a canon story they'll leave out the events of The Old Republic MMO.

Seagoat and Blackhole E Snoke like this.
  12. In fact in 4chan there were rumors about a new kotor game but I think it's a lie

13. Nibelung

Nibelung Jedi Padawan star 2

Apr 18, 2017
    Canonized? I didn't think Revan had even been beatified.

14. fastcooljosh

fastcooljosh Jedi Master star 2

Mar 15, 2017
    The Revan from the new canon will be different, if that ever happens ofc.

But its still better than what Bioware did to the character in TOR.

15. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    He's Duros.

...oops, wrong forum.

Gamiel and OneTrueOverlord like this.
  16. OneTrueOverlord

OneTrueOverlord Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 19, 2015
    Though Revan will come into the Canon one day I have doubts it will happen while TOR is still ongoing. I get this feeling as the canon history of the Old Republic diverges a lot from the Legends (which would have been explored more in Clone Wars Season 7/8) so in order to minimise confusion I'd expect barely more than a namecheck until TOR ends.

Whenever that is

17. Darth Formidious

Darth Formidious Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2015

[​IMG]

This guy might disagree!

OneTrueOverlord likes this.
  18. Master Endz-One

Master Endz-One Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 30, 2017
    I hope so, his story is arguably better than the OT

19. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    Never, ever, trust information coming out of 4chan.

Althouth, in this case, i'd bet money that, some time in the next 5 years, we'll see a remaster of KOTOR. With their patches to TSL, and the appearance of more TOR era things, it makes sense for them to go back and overhaul it while bringing the story in line with the new canon.

20. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    I think the canonization of Revan or a similar character is imminent. This is how I would canonize Revan and give him a compelling story:
    Tar Vizsla, the first Mandalorian Jedi from over 1000 years before Rebels, had an apprentice and that was Revan. Tar dies, the Vizsla invade the Jedi Temple and steal his iconic lightsaber. After this, the Vizsla unite the Mandalorians with the darksaber as a symbol of authority. Perhaps Tar's apprentice, Revan, goes rogue on the Jedi Order, donning Tar's helmet, to get the darksaber out of their hands.

Lord Sith Harloxzz likes this.
  21. I would not be surprised if they bring back Revan as a Mandalorian in this new canon
    And the character of Revan is very connected with the Mandalorians so I think it would be logical to introduce him in the new canon as a Mandalorian

22. ObiWanKnowsMe

ObiWanKnowsMe Jedi Master star 4

Sep 7, 2015
    REVAN is Canon to me!

Darkslayer likes this.
  23. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    Darth Revan and Tor Vizsla would be great to see canonized (he's the only Vizsla that isn't, and he was the coolest one).

24. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Pretty much this.

25. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I wish he would be, but as of now he is not.