main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The US Politics discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ghost, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SergeyX2017

SergeyX2017 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 14, 2017
    Yes, I am so scared of being banned from this forum, cause I have no life outside of this place lol

Whatever... Where is an eye roll emoticon when I need one...

2. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
  3. SergeyX2017

SergeyX2017 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 14, 2017
    lol Tell that to that guy with the James Bond avatar. One who goes nuts about any non-negative picture of Russia I ever posted on here :D It's hilarious...

4. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
  5. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    The James Bond avatar guy (lol, I think that's what I'll call him from now on) has defended Russia more often than not from others on this board.

6. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Anyone mind if I rant about Tucker Carlson? Oh my gosh he's unbelievable. He literally reports lies!

unicorn likes this.
  7. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    Like Brian WIlliams "I was there" type of things or.... what? Context.

8. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    I believe the James Bond avatar guy has a thing against Turks as well, in fact

Lord Vivec likes this.
  9. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    I know this post was a bit ago but this is IMO the absolute key to understanding this psych experiment gone wrong.
    From birth- never held accountable, always bailed out when failing, never ‘worked’ anywhere but within private enterprises where his word was law, always enough money and lawyers to make problems go away. Throw in unfortunate pathological proclivities and you get the first POTUS who is truly disconnected from reality. He’s like America’s Kim John-un or the kid with superpowers from The Twilight Zone that terrorized the small town.

10. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
  11. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    well I was gonna buy one of those inflatable houses - like you live in , but damn , they sure need a lot of hot air .
    ;)

12. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Foreign leaders and Trump handlers have come up with some rules on how to talk to Trump:

[​IMG]

Hmm, I wonder who the "person of interest" in the WH being investigated is?
    [​IMG]

Also, breaking news (when isn't it?) that Comey is to testify openly before Congress after Memorial Day.

Oh, I almost forgot, Trump wants to rehire Flynn, regrets firing him:
    http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...ump-talked-michael-flynn-into-white-house-job
    http://www.politico.com/story/2017/05/19/trump-michael-flynn-firing-mistake-aides-238618

13. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Comey will testify before the Senate Intel Committee after Memorial Day. No actual date set yet.

14. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    On those "rules," I laughed at the first two, and the ones that followed would get a very large "**** that ****" from me.

Jedi Merkurian and Ghost like this.
  15. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    Ender hates Turks too so I'm pretty sure they'll get along here. You may have doomed us all SW.

SuperWatto likes this.
  16. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  17. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    This thread is worse than Infowars.

ShaneP likes this.
  18. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
  19. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    PCCViking likes this.
  20. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Yeah, I am not going to that country, ever.

21. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
  22. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    What are the legal requirements to be guilty of Treason in the US?

Update:

last Monday (5/8) - Yates hearing on Russia investigations and more, doesn't look the best for Trump

last Tuesday (5/9) - Comey fired, shockwaves

last Wednesday 5/10) - Trump invites Russian foreign minister and ambassador to Oval Office, against protocol, blocks American press, gives Top-Secret Intel from Israel

last Thursday (5/11) - Trump derails the Pence/Spicer/Huckabee account of Comey firing, saying he'd do it anyways, was thinking about Russia, said he had dinner with Comey begging for his job when he asked about investigation... Comey ally says Trump told Comey that Trump actually demanded loyalty

last Friday (5/12) - Trump threatens Comey on Twitter with releasing "tapes" that his press won't confirm or deny

(I don't think anything broke that weekend, for the public anyways)

this Monday (5/15) - revealed that Trump leaked Top-Secret Intel from Israel to Russia during last week's surprise Oval Office meeting with Russians at center of investigation, and Trump met with the Abu Dhabi Prince who Trump tried to create a backchannel to Russia through (along with the founder of Blackwater, Betsy DeVos's brother)

this Tuesday (5/16) - content of some Comey memos revealed that Trump asked Comey to forget about investigating Flynn/Russia, after Trump insisted on Pence and Sessions leaving the room, and asked about jailing the press

this Wednesday (5/17) - Mueller appointed by DoJ/Rosenstein as Special Counsel to oversee the Russia investigation, Pence and Trump and others knew Flynn was under investigation before he was hired and therefore lied, Flynn's Turkish connections seem to have prevented a ready-to-go attack on ISIS HQ, tape shows Ryan/McCarthy talking about Putin paying Trump and swearing not to tell anyone which they first deny and then say is a joke

yesterday (5/18) - Trump campaign contacted the Kremlin 18 more times than previously disclosed, Trump told Flynn to "stay strong" AFTER firing, it's confirmed Flynn and Manafort are subjects in criminal investigation into Russia/TrumpCampaign

today (5/19) - It's revealed that Trump boasted to the Russians last week that he fired "nutjob" Comey to take the pressure off him coming from the Russia investigation, Jared Kushner is now a "person of interest" in the investigation, White House is looking for ways to prevent investigation into Kushner/Manafort, Russians were boasting how they can use Flynn to influence Trump a few months ago

Vaderize03, Juliet316, EHT and 2 others like this.
  23. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Ghost I think you confused the reply section with Google.

SuperWatto, DanielUK and CT-867-5309 like this.
  24. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    I know the answer, it's written into our constitution, adhering to and aiding enemies. It was a rhetorical question.

25. Likewater

Likewater Jedi Master star 4

Dec 31, 2009
    Their community? Would you seriously consider a project housing complex "Yours" if you had to live there? Or a mass of tenements? Any area dominant society forces you to live, whether through direct violence, denial or resources or legal shenanigans, is going to be sub standard. If you had to live in such a manor would you really consider that 'your' community? or just a place society forced you to live?

These neighborhoods are not villages settled in some distant era because the people at the time found value in the area, they are and were areas of containment no one else wanted to live in. No mythology of bootstrapping or poetic words from pastor is going to change that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.