main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The US Politics discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ghost, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    So like, we're actually letting this stay up? Would "I don't like Africans" have been allowed?

V-2, CT-867-5309, Darth Guy and 3 others like this.
  2. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    It occurs to me that if anyone wants to know what white male privilege looks like, this presidency is it. This isnt even the tribalism behind Republican privilege. After all, Sarah Palin's antics cost John McCain the election.

3. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    why don't you like africans?

Rylo Ken, Ender Sai and Lord Vivec like this.
  4. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    The New York Times and Washington Post are collectively ripping Trump apart. Other media organizations are chipping in as well, but the Times and the Post are just laying waste to the administration. I've no doubt that Trump would order them shut down if it was within his power to do so (which perhaps it could be argued as being under the Espionage Act, though I don't think it would hold up long in court).

5. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    I see that and raise you this.

6. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Nationalism goes hand-in-hand with racism. Go figure.

7. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    It was handled soon after it was posted. Sorry if the lack of editing at the time left the impression that such a post would be allowed. It is not.

8. unicorn

unicorn Chosen One star 4

Jan 19, 2001

I definitely feel like I've gotten a year's subscription's worth this week. They've been competing in dropping bombshells this week.

I also noticed both of them dropped their respective bombshell stories within minutes of the Air Force One plan taking off. Guessing that was deliberately planned.

Man, I'd love to see the eventual TV series/movie they'll make of what it was like to work at either of those organizations during this time. Are those reporters even sleeping?

9. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    How can anyone keep up with the veritable s-storm Trump is generating? There are like 4 to infinity bombshell revelations per day.

Unprecedented doesn't begin to cover it.

And just wait til he starts talking (or his best approximation) on this trip. With the avalanche of bad news and him on the road w/o his usual play pen, binkie, diaper genie, etc. There's no telling what he'll say.

10. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    It really is obscene.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  11. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    Whatever, the bottom line is: Mohamed Bouazizi made his livelihood out of his fruit cart, and if you smashed his fruit cart because you were mad at Zayn el-Abedine ben Ali, it wouldn't have helped him one bit. He still would have torched himself, only now it would be because of you.

ShaneP and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  12. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    All The President's Russian Men

13. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    If the American people are so confident in the fact that "the system works", how do they explain someone like Trump attaining so much power in the first place?

My suspicion instead is that "the system works" is a nice myth that allows the populace to mentally check-out. It's apathy dressed up as patriotism.

Darth_Voider and DanielUK like this.
  14. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    for it to be treason we would have to be at war with Russia, we are not at war with Russia. BUT, It Is illegal to work with a foreign
    Government to fix an elections outcome also it is illegal to lie under oath and cover something like this up. we could charge Trump and others for Collusion they could go to jail! :D

15. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    [​IMG]

Burn it. Burn it all to the ground.

16. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    It doesn't work. It hasn't work since corporatocracy took over, and corporatocracy taking over has a bit to do with how much elections cost and a bit to do with the underlying idea of decades (I remember it most prominently from the Reagan era but I won't argue that it didn't begin before then) that government providing any sort of well-funded service is a gateway drug to communism, and communism was spawned directly from Satan's back side.

The former led to only someone with as much money as Trump being able to run for office without corporate sponsorship. The latter led to private companies taking over institutions that they have no business running for a profit, like the prison system and health care.

And then there is the fact that the idea of superdelegates, initially chosen to prevent someone like Trump, instead led to insider deals within the Democratic Party in which they had already anointed their nominee before the first primary election was held.

ETA: I hope this page is satire. I can't tell.

Facebook group indicating that we should pledge allegiance to Trump

17. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    One of the best descriptions of Trump in office so far is 'white privilege performance art.'

18. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    darthcaedus1138 likes this.
  19. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
  20. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    If Michelle Obama had worn it at the time, he would have tweeted: "weak disaster Obama acquiesced to Muslims and disgraced America by making his wife wear a scarf (secret Muslim? Must show birth cert. now!)"

Although I'm not sure he would know what acquiesce means.

21. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Even if he does, he would still misspell it on the first tweet.

22. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    Yeah, zero chance he knows what that means. He'd say something like he bowed to them.

Juliet316 likes this.
  23. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    The tweet is actually two years old, it's from two days after the visit.
    Yeah I'm surprised, too

Violent Violet Menace likes this.
  24. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Despicable, Betsy DeVos trying to end Student Loan Forgiveness

http://www.gq.com/story/betsy-devos-student-loan-programs

25. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001

The only thing still missing is the pitch for protein supplements.

Violent Violet Menace likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.