main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC The Dugout

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Darth_Elu, May 19, 2017.

1. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    [​IMG]

Welcome one and all! This is The Dugout!
    The only place to come and chat about Major League Lightball in all its fantastic glory! For both players of the game to discuss ongoing game events as well as for those simply curious and wanting to ask questions, either is fine.

[​IMG]
    Who's blazing hot right now in the Major Leagues? Who's frozen in a slump? And whose players are part of the Home Run Race this year? All this and more are central topics we can tackle.

Without further ado:

PLAY BALL!

[​IMG]

2. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Woo! Woo! Thanks Darth_Elu!! I'll get my post up by tomorrow most likely.

Darth_Elu likes this.
  3. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Sounds good Vehn. :D

Everyone's posts have been good so far. Jedi Gunny, yours was inspired for sure! Bardan_Jusik: Your guys are hilarious as always. :p

Also, everyone: Don't forget to PM where you want your Bonus Runs for the week unless you want me to decide for you!

4. Master Vo

Master Vo Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2017
    *Sits down on a couch*
    Nice Place...

Darth_Elu likes this.
  5. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Added in all the NPC teams now in the Resource Thread. Though will be finalizing everything later (darn RL getting in the way!). The 287 Season Schedule will be up tonight too at long last.

Runjedirun and Master Vo'Un'Var like this.
  6. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Sweet! Looking forward to this game! As much as I adore Limmie, this will be a nice change-of-pace and a challenge in its own right.

Trieste and Darth_Elu like this.
  7. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    RL is crazy! and it only gets crazier between now and the end of the school year. I did write a post today, just need to type it.

Darth_Elu likes this.
  8. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    End of School Year period is my bane. I hate it, yes I do. [face_frustrated]

Edit: I also hate this computer of mine at work. Type up something for the Resource Thread and once copied and pasted from the word document, nooo...completely changes the formatting and won't respond to edits I try to do. Ugh.

Will fix it when I get home evidently.

9. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    I've begun using Google Docs for my limmie writing. I also copy and paste in the BB Code Editor (hat tip to jcgoble3 for turning me onto that trick) and that's helped immensely. Once I have everything with the proper spacing then I add in colors and the like (since those are hard to do without the assistance of the rich text editor). It eliminates any carryover code from the program I composed the text in.

Also, I just wanted to let all of you know that I am 100% committed to this game

...'s OOC thread where I will mercilessly mock the NPC performance of the Bakura Nobles. See, it's all a plot by the Noble House of Trieste to keep the Miners the only game in town. Sometimes they are truly evil. [face_devil]

Also, it'll give them the greatest verisimilitude to the local team for them to be completely awful and hopeless. [face_laugh]

10. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    That explains my wonky formatting when I paste from WriteRoom on my laptop. Always makes me frustrated. Darth_Elu, was there a schedule released for the upcoming week? I don't know which team I'm playing....unless I missed it.

Darth_Elu likes this.
  11. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Well, normally I don't write things from my work computer. That's done only on occasion, I have no problems when I'm home typically. However, if problems multiply in frequency, I'll definitely remember that Trieste. ;)

And you're so mean to the poor Nobles, at least they have a fairly good Galaxy Series record so far. *eyes the Miners* :p

And not yet Vehn. However, I plan to be working on that tonight so it should be up soon! :D

Finally. :p

Edit: Oh! And Runjedirun, the Lineup is not just whom the starters are, but in what order they bat in. The Pitchers almost always bat ninth, just fyi. ;) :)

Trust me in Baseball/Lightball Strategy, its a crucial detail. Want me to assume thats the lineup anyway?

Trieste likes this.
  12. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I didn't realize I was giving you the players in batting order. I will hopefully remember to pm you the order later. I have about 500 things to do today, don't want to load my pc right now. It's early I want the Fam to sleep while I sneak over to the park to shoot some hoops.

13. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Sounds good, do what you got to do. RL and those Hoops take precedence. ;)

And finally got the schedule out after finagling some kinks. *shakes cane at it* [face_relieved]

Runjedirun likes this.
  14. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    Darth_Elu wwwwwhhhhyyyy....Why would you have the Yankees play the Staga, don't you know you'd be tearing a family apart? Have you no heart at all?:p

Trieste likes this.
  15. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Never mind. Thought I put them in the same division, but I didn't. This tired mind needs sleep. Like nao! :p

But to answer your question….

Nope. Still heartless. [face_skull] :p

Trieste and galactic-vagabond422 like this.
  16. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    In that regard, they most definitely do not resemble the hometown team. [face_laugh] They haven't even been to four Series, let alone won four. :p The 280s seem to be a pretty good decade for Bakuran sports across the board though...

Darth_Elu likes this.
  17. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Sure seems like it! The 280s seem to be well for Bakura indeed, but can they keep it up till the end? ;)

Of course Mandalore has quite the exclamation mark in Limmie right now, which won't ever go away. :p

And thanks for getting that post up, Trieste! :D As you can see in the MLL, I have decided on a tradition. For the Ceremonial First Pitch of every season, I will combo with someone in a nice homage to various RPF personages. Sometimes they may be with players of the game and sometimes not in a guest post, such as this time. Felt it was only right for Trieste to have the first honors. ;)

Vehn and Runjedirun like this.
  18. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    The season hasn't even fully started yet, and there is already loads of drama. I love it!

Trieste, Vehn and Darth_Elu like this.
  19. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Drama? You're telling me. If I just read what I think I just read in Vehn 's post...this is gonna be a season.

Darth_Elu and Vehn like this.
  20. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Its begun! And what an opening, some great games and bonus runs already proving pivotal in a few of them! :eek:

….And some of those scores! Le cringe for those on the wrong end, and Le applause for those on the right end. :p

*eyes Bardan_Jusik * A worthy opponent. [face_cowboy]

21. Master Vo

Master Vo Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2017
    Krayt kicks off to a good start. (If I read it right:p)

Darth_Elu likes this.
  22. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Some great light ball out there! Druckenwell came out strong for a smaller program. Nice!

Darth_Elu likes this.
  23. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I am overwhelmed by stats.

[​IMG]

24. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    We shall need our resident Sabermetrics expert jcgoble3 to make sense of it all.

I really love the stats. Makes me excited like reading the box scores in the daily paper.

25. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009