main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC The Dugout

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Darth_Elu, May 19, 2017.

1. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Sorry guys. There are some sports in which I'm good with statistics, but the incredibly complex world of baseball statistics bamboozles me. You're on your own, unfortunately. :p

2. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Considering my score in game one, I am glad I don't understand the stats.

Trieste and Darth_Elu like this.
  3. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    Apologies if the Stats are too much. But agreed on Krayt & Druckenwell coming out strong! :D

Now if only I had done better against Mandalore. Hmph! They don't even like Lightball! :p

Regarding the Stats: Which do people need clarified? :) ;)

Trieste and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  4. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    I love the stats, personally. I'd take the full-game box scores if I could get them; I'm kind of a stats guy when it comes to baseball.

Darth_Elu likes this.
  5. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    I have to retrain my mind on how to read baseball, light ball, stats. It used to make sense once upon a time. Now, well, I can translate just enough to know how it works ;)

6. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Big Baseball/Lightball Stats guy myself, so we get along well I think Jedi Gunny. ;) I'm the guy who peruses over old statistics from throughout the years and likes to see how things compare and stack up (keeping logical differences of eras in mind as well). And again, will upload these terms into the Library Thread later, but will state here for now. Am on just to do a few things as I'm completely wiped today. [face_tired]

Now, for the three numbers listed after the '~': They are the Runs. Which is the score, that one I'm pretty sure you all got. :p If its in bold, you won that game. The second number listed are Hits. How many times a player was able to do just that to the lightball and get on base. Whether they ended up scoring or not doesn't matter when tallying a Hit. The last number are Errors. Any notable defensive mistakes made by a player during the course of the game.

For the stuff listed past the linescore: HR = Home Run. I'm sure we all know what that is at least? :p

SB = Stolen Base. A player managing to move from one base to another in between pitches without the current batter even hitting the ball yet.

IP = Innings pitched. How long a pitcher lasted into a game. There are 3 outs to an inning (technically a half-inning for each team), hence the .0 -.2 you'll sometimes see. For example if someone lasted 4.2 IP, that pitcher went through four full Innings then in their fifth inning they only managed to last long enough to get through 2 outs but were substituted before recording the last out.

Walks also listed as BB (Base on Balls), are the amounts of times a pitcher has let a better get on base by throwing Four Balls before getting Three Strikes, Hitting the Batter (hopefully on accident), or having the ball be put into play by being hit.

Ks are Strikeouts. The reason for the K dates back to Los Angeles Dodgers Hall of Fame player Sandy Koufax. A great pitcher. As an honorary nod to him, they started calling Strikeouts, Ks rather than SOs.

Hopefully that clears some things up? :)

Gunny, do you want me to send you the Full Game Boxscores from now on? I can PM them to you if you wish. When they involve another Player Team like this Series of games did, I'll leave it to you to explain it all to the other person though. :p

7. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Darth_Elu, since we've set our pitching rotations is that something you're keeping track of for us now or are we going to have to do that on our own in our posts as we post our lineups for the next series?

8. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    If I remember correctly, unless you change the rotation, you only had to set it at the outset.

But I'm not even playing this game, so don't trust me. :p

Bardan_Jusik and Darth_Elu like this.
  9. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Trieste has it right despite not playing this game. :p

This was a one time thing unless injuries to the rotation occur. Which, as a notice to everyone, Rotations typically only have Starting Pitchers not Relievers or Closers. ;)

Vehn and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  10. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Only if you play by the rules. But sometimes you have to work outside the system. That's why there's only one man who can start for the Bakura Nobles. They said he was retired. They said he was too dangerous for Bakuran Little League.

You thought he was dead? So did the Prime Minister's enemies.

The one.

The only.

[​IMG]

(Seriously. He knows how to play lightball.)

Darth_Elu and jcgoble3 like this.
  11. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008

So I take it that the next series will be a 4-5-1 rotation series in that order, unless someone wants it a different way? Otherwise it seems like a college rotation where you have just three starters for the Friday-Saturday-Sunday series (plus an occasional spot starter for the Tuesday games).

And yeah, I would take full game boxscores if you would be willing to send them to me.

12. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    The Macklin is back. :p

Jedi Gunny, yes a 4-5-1 Rotation Series is up next. I can suddenly switch things to just a 3 Player Rotation, with the other 2 starters as backups after this week if thats what people want. :)

Trieste likes this.
  13. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Nah I was figuring on a 4-5-1 rotation for this week, I was just curious if you wanted us to keep track of it for our own teams or if you would as the GM. :p

14. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    I will. Already have it listed in my notes. The only ?'s I have put down are the ones where people accidentally listed a reliever or closer in their starting rotation, will bring up whom specifically later. :p

15. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    If there are injuries to starters, that might be a good reason to re-post the rotation.

16. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Stated that in the post right before Trieste's Burt Macklin comment. :p

So yep, you are absolutely correct Jedi Gunny. :D

17. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Forgive the Double Post: But just a reminder that there's no need to redo the Pitching Rotation anymore unless you're fixing it from before due to Relievers being in it. (Only those pitchers in your roster under 'Starting Rotation' will suffice ;) )

[face_thinking] Perhaps I made this overly confusing. lol

18. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Another great week of scores! I'm really enjoying this game because its very different from others I've played. :) Thanks for starting it up Darth_Elu!

19. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Runjedirun I don't suppose you wrote your post from experience, did you? ;)

And man, not having any bonus runs is really working out for those Nobles. They're doing better than their planetary counterparts. :p

Darth_Elu likes this.
  20. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Bakura MLL Fans: We're the true face of Bakura. Nobles Lightball > Miners Limmie! LONG LIVE THE NOBILITY!

:p

Edit: Still need to update the Individual Stats in the Library Thread, though I've updated Standings and Team Stats. Will get to it later.

Trieste likes this.
  21. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I do have a story about the first time I ever saw a baseball game live. I was in 4th grade and we drove up to Baltimore from Silver Spring on a cool drizzly spring day. My dad was surprised there was a game when we got there. So we sat in the cold drizzle for 9 innings no score. Me and half the fans around us were just bored out of our minds when some guy named Renee, no clue what his last name was, but he was an Oriole. I just remember thinking he had a girls name. Anyway Renee hit a home run and won the game and some guy in our section was all pissed off cause he had nodded off and missed it. So the Orioles beat whoever the heck they were playing 1-0. And that is all I remember about that game :p

22. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Probably was Rene Gonzalez, Runjedirun! At least from the basic research I was able to do.

Runjedirun likes this.
  23. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Ah. First baseball game stories, gotta love 'em. :p Funnily enough, I was so young at my first game, I can't really remember all too well. Its fuzzy. :( I believe it was a Rockies/Giants game though if I recall right.

Nice research there Vehn! And thank you for the earlier compliment by the way. :) Is it weird I've wanted to see Star Wars Baseball for a long time? :p

24. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    That is too fantastic to not use sometime in a super low scoring game. :D

jcgoble3 and Darth_Elu like this.
  25. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    I love the stark contrast between how the Rancor Pitt treats limmie and how they treat lightball. I wonder what it's going to take to get them to take lightball more seriously? [face_thinking]

Darth_Elu, Trieste and Bardan_Jusik like this.