main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Dream book?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by DarthJaceus, Dec 30, 2016.

1. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    I'd want a novel of the clone wars from Grievous POV

I'd want a guidebook dealing with the scale level of civilizations of in Star Wars surely there's room for cultures in between Ewoks and the Coruscanti?

Perhaps even a planet equivalent to say Earth 2016 or 1890 or whatever not capable of hyperspace travel or really in contact with the galactic community have some Jedi infiltrate pre FTL planet.

An account of the Yuuzhan Vong War battle of N'Zoth the Yevetha apparently fought the Vong in an intense battle that resulted in the Yevetha's near extinction. I would love to see some of the hardest, most xenophobic, agressive supremacist caste based societies in Star Wars size each other up with the inferior one(the Yevetha-I mean technologically and militarily) getting defeated not without fighting viciously on every planet with the Vong fighting with equal ferocity.

What if novels-movies and Legends? Anakin kills Obi Wan on Mustafar? Confederate Victory in the SCGW? Luke Skywalker killed by Shimrra? Maybe ebooks novellas but I'd certainly be interested.

Barriss_Coffee and MrDarth0 like this.
  2. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    Spoilers for Empire's End:

Sinjir and Conder saving the galaxy while on their honeymoon. :p

3. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I have been reading the Darth Bane trilogy recently and now I am convinced we NEED a Darth Ruin book or comic. He founded the Sith according to Lucas, and he's mentioned in the TPM novelization (although not by name) so he's already canon. I'd love to see how the Sith as we know them were founded before Darth Bane dwindled there numbers.

4. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    We'll probably get something in the new canon... but different name, different background/personality, probably even different date, and probably made to be the original founder of the Sith.

And Darkslayer, if you haven't read Knight Errant, you definitely should! It's closer chronologically to Bane, but its feel is totally different, with the galaxy split up into hundreds/thousands of fiefdoms by individual Sith and Sith families.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  5. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015
    I got it! A book on Dr. Cylo's scientific experiments and inventions.

BigAl6ft6 and spicer like this.
  6. Starwarsfan9000

Starwarsfan9000 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 24, 2012
    I mentioned it a few pages back but I'd like to see a novel about Jango or a comic series. Give him a proper canon history that could feature elements from the Bounty Hunter game. How he met Zam, how he ended up in Dooku's service but also add other elements like how he got the Mandalorian armour and his meetings with people like Hondo, Aurra and Cad Bane. A Boba film or a team of Bounty Hunters is being considered as one of the possible spin off films. I doubt Jango is on the docket for a spin off but for a novel or comic series I could definitely see it.

Jedi Princess likes this.
  7. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006

My headcanon on Jango Fett is pretty much he was a Mandalorian at birth (being on Concord Dawn) but during one of the various wars amongst the clans his family was slaughtered and he joined the Protectors for a time. Then when Concord Dawn was devastated as its seen in Rebels and his mentor was killed, Jango got angry when the government on Mandalore turned a blind eye so Fett abandoned the Protectors but kept his armour. So he's a Mandalorian but not a Mandalorian.

8. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    I'd love a Star Wars biology book, something like an actual biology manual they'd use in academies, with proper classifications of species (both sentient and non-sentient) according to their feeding behaviors, phylogenetic nomenclature and so on.

9. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    A treatise on Mandalorian religion

Memoirs of Darth Wyyyrlok I

A IU celestials book

And quite a few thousand other mostly IU ideas.

10. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    I'd love a book series on the Clone Wars not based on what we saw in the prequels and EU. An alternate take on the beginning of the war to the emergence of the Empire and fall of Anakin/Republic. Based from the brief mentions of it in the EU before the prequels happened.

It would be great to get a group of talented writers and together, throw out what is known, and create their own version just for fun.

(I have made my own set of notes on a much different Clone Wars than what we got, but it does incorporates characters and settings from the prequels which isn't what I'm talking about above)

11. MartyAvidianus

MartyAvidianus Jedi Padawan star 3

May 14, 2017
    Since we are talking about dream novels.

An entire backstory for Shira Brie in the novel's first half.
    Luke Skywalker meeting Shira Brie, Rebel Agent. On that dogfight in canon Shira Brie suddenly came down with stomach flu or something and wasn't in the mission and wasn't shut down by Luke.
    She develops real feelings for Luke (genuine feelings) By the book's end she tells Luke about her real story (Imperial infiltration agent in Rogue Squadron) and it wasn't really clear if Luke forgive her.
    But she definitely is not going back to Vader.
    in the novel
    There should be intense x-wing action
    Vader will attack rebel base looking for Shira. Lightsaber duel with Luke.
    the novel is a stand alone. no sequels.
    Post ESB but pre ROTJ.

So EU should stay the same, and Luke still marry Mara, etc.
    except for no evil robotic Lumiya, so obviously LOTF is completely different.

12. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    A book about Zuckuss and 4-LOM, an underrated bounty hunter pair.

A book about a rebel or imperial spy, agent of the empire style.

13. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016

Luke/Shira shipping! would make a good fanfic.

ArindaRise likes this.
  14. comradepitrovsky

comradepitrovsky Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2017
    Ken Palpatine and the Shadows of Kessel.

Daneira likes this.
  15. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    I'm not going to read through eight pages of this thread, but I'll assume that at least... six people have said that their dream book is a Dooku novel by Luceno, since that seems to come up on these forums a lot. Back in 2012 during an interview with Star Wars Action News, Jimmy was asked if he thought Dooku could support his own novel, and he said:

Link here, quote at 43:30.

I know that the quote is from before the Disney purchase and the new canon, but let's face it, he's probably talking about The Clone Wars.

16. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    I want a Darth Cognus/Darth Zannah novel by Karpshyn

Darkslayer and Daneira like this.
  17. MartyAvidianus

MartyAvidianus Jedi Padawan star 3

May 14, 2017
    I want Darth Zannah abandon her Sith ways and turn to the light.
    and get killed by her Sith apprentice who continue the Sith tradition (But at least Zannah would be redeemed in the end)

18. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Momaw Nadon's "How to" guide for budding gardeners.

Jeff_Ferguson likes this.
  19. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    While we're on the topic of in-universe texts, I'm dying to know what was in Palpatine's book The Paths to Power, which he wrote in 32 BBY. Obviously it was about his political life and therefore full of lies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LelalMekha likes this.
  20. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
  21. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    IU fiction and academic texts might be rather nerdy but I'd love to read them.

LelalMekha likes this.
  22. Dimitar

Dimitar Jedi Padawan

Jan 22, 2017
    I know that this is way too far fetched, but, as a fan of superhero fiction also, I would love to see a crossover between Legends and Canon. This would be best suited as a Marvel event series, of course. Just imagine the interactions between the two versions of Luke or when Leia gets to see Han again (albeit from a parallel Galaxy). The possibilities are endless.

I am also still patiently waiting for a Boba Fett mini-series comics.

SpecForce Trooper likes this.
  23. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Crossover stuff could work if handled well.

A good idea would be to have canon characters into the Legends verse. It would be an acknowledgement to Legends fans that their story still "happened".

Though the perceptions of Legends and Canon characters would have of each other is certainly interesting as well.

LelalMekha likes this.
  24. comradepitrovsky

comradepitrovsky Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2017
    Crisis on Earth-Legends?

25. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    My, my. Both Jacen and Jaina would HATE Kylo--but they'd have a ball with Rey.

Dimitar likes this.