main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC The Dugout

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Darth_Elu, May 19, 2017.

1. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    It's an exaggerated reflection of the reality I find myself in. :p This is a Browns town, always has been, always will be. Well maybe not always will be, some fans have decided it's not worth their time to follow a team with just one (brief) playoff appearance since their return in 1999. It's especially prevalent among younger "fans", my son for example is now a Patriots fan and only watches the Browns to laugh at them (though he still refers to the Browns as "we"). It's sad because I'm a baseball fan first and foremost (I met my wife at an Indians game), and even with playoff run they still play second fiddle to the Browns.

Anyway, even with all that and the Cavs finally bringing this city a title, and the Tribe nearly following suit (two times in the World Series in the last 20 years and they lose both, both in seven shabla games!) the Browns still get top billing across sports coverage here. So I asked myself, what would it be like here if the Browns won three Super Bowls in a row? First I laughed myself silly at the notion, seriously I think my wife was thinking about having me committed, then i figured if something like that happened, Lebron could leave again to go join some other team (probably Golden State), the Cavs could fold and the Indians move to Madagascar and no one here would bat an eyelash if it meant three Super Bowl titles in a row. Hell I wonder if there would be a city left after something like that or of we would look more like Beirut...or Detroit (sorry CPL_Macja :p )

Since meshgeroya is supposed to be the national sport of all mando'ade, one of the few things that can reach across clan lines and unify the people sort of thing, I figured the situation would be like here, only multiplied tenfold, hence the vast chasm between the coverage and fandoms for my two teams. Maybe a sustained playoff run would help, with some of the fans and Randy anyway. Kitterich being the stats guy for the show was always going to be portrayed as a lightball fan (I've never pinned down where he or Liz are from, neither are Mandalorian though) Justin though, I think is a lost cause. :p

Darth_Elu, Runjedirun, Vehn and 2 others like this.
  2. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    Funny, I was just thinking about how maybe, given my lack of any results in other arenas, I should try hanging out at the local team with just this idea in mind. I am now taking that idea slightly more seriously. :p

Darth_Elu, Runjedirun, Vehn and 2 others like this.
  3. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Really Bardan_Jusik if the pitcher purposely throws the light ball at the batter, hits him on purpose and the batter charges the mound and the benches clear I bet that would get Randy and Justin talking for at least a day. ;)

Bardan_Jusik, Darth_Elu and jcgoble3 like this.
  4. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    I suspect that would get Justin liking it a bit more as well. Though, then again, that's probably all he'd want the Lightball teams to do from then on. :p

Bardan_Jusik and jcgoble3 like this.
  5. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    OK, when does Mandalore play Ralltiir? Because we're doing that now. :p

Trieste, jcgoble3 and Darth_Elu like this.
  6. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Ooo. This'll be entertaining. Mandalore and Ralltiir play each other twice. The Series before the All Star Game as well as the one after. I believe Mandalore is home for the first series and Ralltiir is home in the second one.

[face_mischief]

7. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    You're on. We can even create a "reason" for the pitcher to want to hit said better in the first series.

8. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I like that reason is in quotation marks. You don't really need one to bean someone from Mandalore. :p

9. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Hey!

shab, he's right. :p

greyjedi125, jcgoble3 and Trieste like this.
  10. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    This'll be good.

By the way, I was just speaking about Lightball with greyjedi125 and we were joking about a Minor League team that's unaffiliated with any of ours; that other teams feared to play as they were renowned for barely focusing on the game itself and just instead beaning and then fighting the other teams most of the time.

Who else could it be but Malastare? A team that is surrounded by Dugs and their fighting with Gran year round? Yeah, so doing that now. So feel free to mention their hijinks at any time. [face_laugh]

I wonder if I'd ever dare to bring them up to the Majors. [face_mischief]

greyjedi125 likes this.
  11. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I'd bet their a team from Nadiem. After all, the Johnstown Chiefs Nadiem Chiefs were basically that for limmie. :p

Both major Bakuran teams are sitting at .667 winning percentages. I wonder who's going to crack first...

Darth_Elu likes this.
  12. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Quite possible. :p

And who knows, who knows. [face_mischief] Are the Trieste's taking any bets? :p

13. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Darth_Elu and jcgoble3 like this.
  14. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    You kidding? Clearly it's time for Rossum to make the jump to this game.

Trieste and jcgoble3 like this.
  15. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    She's reformed! She swears!

Probably.

Maybe.

Hopefully.

16. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    [face_tee_hee] Trieste

And looking like another evening update for you all tomorrow, judging by the fact that work tomorrow will cut into my time to write a post. Thankfully a short shift, but timed just so. Actually began work on update a little early today to make up for it…but due to the hellishness that was this past week, still haven't managed to finish it.

Going to have to go without a player post this week myself too. Le Gasp! :eek:

Trieste likes this.
  17. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Goooo Druckenwell!

18. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Have updated the Standings and Runs For category in the Resource Thread. Will get to updating the Individual Stats within the next couple of days. As well as the Injury Reserve Statuses. :)

Though I did add in the Individual Stats from the previous week's games (Games 7-9, not 10-12) so that wasn't too far behind. :p Apologies on the tardiness with all of that, this past week has been one from the Dark Side.

Edited Update: All Team Stats are now updated, only Individual Stats and Injury Reserve Section left to do.

19. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Bardan_Jusik You are absolutely correct about Bel'war, by the way. :) Finally had time to get around to reading the posts and prepping the update tonight. Busy week #2…but I'm on vacation this next week, baby. So no problems next go around I'm hoping. :cool:

Edit Update: Ok, so I mentioned this in Hooper's in the RPF, but I'll say so here as well. Apologies for my sudden disappearance! Father's Day, two hellish weeks catching up to me, and mostly a mild sickness of some kind catching me by surprise sidelined me these last two days. Hence the lack of an update.

This week will then have two. I'll make up for last Sunday's by getting it up on Wednesday evening if not sooner. :) And then this Sunday will be a return to the normal schedule.

Also, I will begin taking All Star Votes after the Wednesday update is posted. Both for players if you wish to, but at least for us Players. The two winners will represent their respective leagues. ;)

Bardan_Jusik Jedi Gunny Runjedirun Master Vo'Un'Var CPL_Macja galactic-vagabond422 Vehn

Vehn, Runjedirun and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  20. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    It's official, there's no way the analog to the Nobles is the hometown team. There's no way they'd be winning 2-out-of-3 consistently if that were the case. :p