main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Discussion Time: Let's Talk About Drafts - next draft?

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthIntegral, Sep 13, 2007.

1. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    with the first pick in the first round, jabba wocky selects the fresh prince of bel air

PRENNTACULAR and dp4m like this.
  2. a star war

a star war Force Ghost star 5

May 4, 2016
    If we do movies and tv I don't plan on winning, so that's not a bad pick really. There are more than enough Will Smiths for him to take.

heels1785 likes this.
  3. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    That seems extremely broad but sure.

4. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Hancock
    Fresh Prince
    Mike Lowry
    Steven Hiller
    Del Spooner
    Robert Neville
    The Devil

So many options!

5. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    okay - we got people willing to judge Movie/TV? Two of them?

6. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I'll judge.

DarthIntegral likes this.
  7. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    I can judge or play, whichever is needed for the greater good!

heels1785 likes this.
  8. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

[​IMG]

Juliet316 and Darth Punk like this.
  9. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    I smell burning martyr

10. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    So, I'll Commish, Prenn and Heels will judge, and dp4m will come in last place?

(last fact and heels judging might be related)

heels1785 , PRENNTACULAR and dp4m like this.
  11. a star war

May 4, 2016
    Any rules for pick generation?

Personally I'd go for no power rangers.

12. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Harsh, but fair.

The only thing is where there are "multiple incarnations," I'd say choosing one eliminates the others. For example, choosing James Bond (Craig) removes Bond (Connery), Bond (Moore), Bond (Niven), Bond (Dalton), and Bond (Lazenby)?

13. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    I think that's a good call but mostly just because I don't want to have to watch more than one version of a movie if you guys pick some dude I've never heard of.

14. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Agreed. Also I agree on no Power Rangers. Also no Dr. Who or any of that weird time travel ****.

Make this somewhat straightforward for me and prennifer.

PRENNTACULAR and DarkEagle like this.
  15. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Screw no Doctor Whose. Just pick an incarnation and play, don't need no time travel shenanigans. :p

16. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    that means i have to familiarize myself with dr who. he's been on tv for like 50 years. i know he travels through time in a phone booth, that's the extent of my dr. who knowledge.

17. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

... and every movie ever made. Want The Beast (La Belle et La Bete, 1946) -- go for it? :p

18. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    good grief

whoever picks dr who, know that ill hold you in contempt

19. a star war

May 4, 2016
    If you think I'm adding people from movies you've probably seen, think again.

heels1785 and dp4m like this.
  20. a star war

May 4, 2016
    I think Doctor Who is tricky, but most of the film of the old episodes has been lost, so there's not really much in the way to go on outside of the reboot.

That's maybe a lot of episodes, but it's only about half of the seasons of something like Supernatural, for instance.

The thing is, even if you do choose a different incarnation, later incarnations still remember his former lives (outside of some spoilery details in the most recent season), so technically you could just attribute all feats to #12 or whatever they're calling him.

21. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    I'm going to veto any power Rangers. And anyone with time travel or reality warping (minus someone like Hermoine Grainger, who in one instance uses time travel, but it's certainly not core to her). I'm going to veto anything like Godzilla. I'm going to ask gms to keep it in the general range of no one who could punk Superman. I'm OK with Doctor Who, but not the Doctor - His power is to be a plot device. But, you want to draft Rusty or Donna? Go for it.

I plan on using the commissioner list adds for just Jonah Jamison level characters. Spoiler: Kirk (Gilmore Girls) is on my list.

So, if Prenn, Heels, and I have to get veto happy, Kirk might be a fifth round pick.

22. a star war

May 4, 2016
    Hell yeah Kirk!

Speaking of Superman what about superheroes?

23. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    They are fine, but no "b" material. You want Thor? OK. But all you get is what's shown in his two movies and the two Avengers.

24. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I demand The Doctor! :p

Juliet316 likes this.
  25. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    I encourage team attorneys to be used in the way yakster used j jonah

jack mccoy or alan shore, preferably. denny crane if you want to build a team of all shatners. matlock, atticus finch perhaps.

also hope to see angela lansbury drafted in some form

DarthIntegral likes this.