main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Post technical questions and issues here. Yes, the layout is slightly different!

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Grimby , Sep 2, 2012.

1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Yeah - Grahame still has to do SQL tuning. I'm seeing a bunch of error messages (lock wait timeouts, mostly) in the server log. Once he gets 24 hours of stats he'll have a better idea of what to change.

2. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Can anybody help this poor soul?

Jar-Jar Binks likes this.
  3. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    The same way you do in posts: [hl = colour]insert text[/hl]

4. Jar-Jar Binks

Jar-Jar Binks SWC Late Show With JJB Host star 8 VIP - Game Host

Nov 17, 2016
    I've tried that but when you save it comes out as text.

5. Jar-Jar Binks

Nov 17, 2016
    o||||[]◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙

edit

sorry for the double post.

6. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Are you sure you put the code in correctly? I just tried it on mine and it worked: http://imgur.com/a/MGJkp

7. Jar-Jar Binks

Nov 17, 2016
    I think I got it.:)

Thank you so much.^:)^

Ghost and Boba_Fett_2001 like this.
  8. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    I had a thread in my watched threads list that I could not mark as read. Clicking the blue dot to the left of the thread name, which should direct me to the first unread post, took me to the URL http://boards.theforce.net/threads/...colors-awaken.50022862/page-225#post-54377799 but leaves me at the top of the page, as the anchor tag "post-54377799" did not exist on that page. The most recent post in the thread, as of then, had the internal post ID number (according to its URL produced by clicking the post number in the lower right) 54377791, and there was no page 226 at the time.

I just made a dummy post in the thread to try to fix it, and successfully marked it as read by doing so. However, there is now a different issue: upon posting my post, the missing post showed up at the top of a new page (226) with its original timestamp, followed by my post, but both posts have the same public reply number in the lower right corner: #5626. I have verified that this occurs both in Firefox on my laptop (Ubuntu 17.04) and Firefox for Android (latest version of the browser in both cases). Also, there are other duplicate numbers on page 225, including 5602, 5606, 5610, and possibly others. These are not always accidental double posts, or even by the same user.

Any idea what's going on? As these duplicate numbers cause issues with showing more posts per page than is configured and showing incorrect reply numbers (sometimes used in discussions to refer to a specific post), a fix would be ideal, but it may be difficult to determine how many threads are affected by this.

9. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I had an issue with an end-of-page double post (not mine - one I was trying to clear up). Trying to delete one deleted both. I finally made a test post in the thread to throw things to the next page and that seemed to fix it. Anyone else seeing weirdness with posts at the end of a page?

10. Grahame

Grahame Former Server Admin star 2 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 3, 2012
    There are some indexes I can rebuild to fix the post counts and end-of-page counts etc. Will try to remember to do them tomorrow AM when there are less people on.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  11. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Yeah - I just put the end of page issue in the server thread for you.

Edit - no slowness with this post - worked fine.

12. MartyAvidianus

MartyAvidianus Jedi Padawan star 3

May 14, 2017
    I think email is still down.
    I lost my password for my sock, and haven't received a reset email yet.

13. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Grahame did have mail turned off for a bit yesterday to test a theory that it was involved with the slowness but as far as I know he turned it back on since new users need it to register. Try requesting the reset email again if you still haven't gotten it.

14. MartyAvidianus

MartyAvidianus Jedi Padawan star 3

May 14, 2017
    sigh

the reset password asked for user name/password. When I put in the user name, it said a reset email was sent.
    when I put in email accounts I think it was linked to, it says user not found. but the sock obviously still exist.
    strange thing is I was able to find a TF.N email from Havac very early, and it was sent to my yahoo.com account.
    I fear the sock reset email was sent to my hotmail.co.uk account (which obviously don't work anymore.)

15. Grahame

Sep 3, 2012

Email is working fine, I get emails from the system when people post to this thread.

16. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    PM me the name of your sock and the email address you think it's using, along with an email address to change it to if the information is correct. The latter address can't be already in use on TFN.

17. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    I've used the ignore function on someone for the first time ever, which works fine on chrome on my laptop, but I still see his posts on Tapatalk on my phone, which I use far more frequently. Is there anyway to ignore someone on Tapatalk?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I don't user Tapatalk so if anyone else knows please chime in..

19. Grahame

Sep 3, 2012
    We're using a really old version of Tapatalk due to the old version of Xenforo, so it's likely something to do with that. I'm going to start tagging posts like this with #upgrade :)

Daneira likes this.
  20. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    Just realized - there is an ignore function on Tapatalk, but all it does is put the person's post in spoiler tags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vialco likes this.
  21. Grahame

Sep 3, 2012
    hah, I just realized, tagging posts with a hashtag doesn't help me when there's no bloody search engine to find them. Self-owned.

Juliet316 and jcgoble3 like this.
  22. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Well, I wasn't going to say anything.. :p

23. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    Using Edge allowed a change in story header here: http://boards.theforce.net/forums/non-star-wars-fan-fiction.10808/ where Chrome did not. Of interest may be that clicking on the 'more options' on 'edit' box on Chrome gets this:
    This page isn’t working

Chrome detected unusual code on this page and blocked it to protect your personal information (for example, passwords, phone numbers, and credit cards).

ERR_BLOCKED_BY_XSS_AUDITOR

EAD: Windows 10,
    Chrome, to clarify.

24. Grahame

Sep 3, 2012
    Doesn't happen here? I get the extended edit box just fine (in Chrome 59 on Win 10). I wouldn't be surprised if there are major compatibility issues in different browsers however, that's the problem with 5+ year old software - browser tech moves on and hacks that once worked may not work anymore.

pronker likes this.
  25. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    pronker The issue with edit > more options on Chrome has been happening for a while now. The workaround is to right-click on "edit" at the bottom of the post you want to modify and open the post in a new tab.

jcgoble3 and pronker like this.
  26. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    This may be a non-problem, now that you have your main account back.

I have a Hotmail.com account, and mine is accessible. Far as I know, Microsoft only changed the Hotmail name to Outlook, so if you go to Outlook.live.com, and input your Hotmail credentials, you might be able to re-access that account.
    And if that doesn't work, see if there is an Outlook.co.uk