main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Baron Fel Timeline?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Dread Pirate Roberts, Jun 12, 2017.

1. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Do you have a link to the interview?

I also would like to state as much as I think he's a dark horse (no pun intended) character, Baron Fel is one of my all time favorite Star Wars characters.

2. MartyAvidianus

MartyAvidianus Jedi Padawan star 3

May 14, 2017
    Zekk was supposed to be paired with one of the Hapan Zel sisters I think because of the blood oath novel that was canceled.

Kyp was all right. Despite the age difference.

----------------

To get us back on track a bit, why do people think it was Jagged who was High Moff and Empero and not Soontir? In the Legacy comics, apparently Jagged was Fel I, but I think he should have been Fel II, with Soontir the Fel I. Unless Jag found out he was not really a Fel (Had Soontir eliminated? but still stayed with the Fel name for prestige?)

Edit: Davin and Chak, thanks for reminding me. So.. There should also be a Female Sister Fel for davin and Chak. Huh. Maybe Jag eliminated them all in various accidents.

3. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006

Legacy comics confirmed Jagged was Fel I.

As to Stackpole's comment, I think I saw it being discussed on a couple of threads few months back.

4. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    There's a lot weird going on there.

Jagged Fel isn't an Imperial, he's a Chiss soldier which is already confusing.

However, he's the first Emperor while Soontir Fel was "just" a General of the Empire's Hand of Thrawn.

But really I had no problem with Jaina and Jagged.

It's just it only became weird when she was ruler of an absolute monarchy based on a fascist Sith state that was somehow "redeemed." Then again, Jaina hung around Hapans her entire life so Leia may not have instilled the values of the Rebellion into her that much/

5. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Honestly, while I'm as far from a defender of the post-NJO era as you can get, I have to say I never really had a problem with Jaina becoming Empress per se. The Fel Empire of the 40s ABY is a very different animal from the Empire as it began. I mean, pretty much every real-world nation that's been around for a while has some horrible skeletons in its closet. The whole anti-democracy thing of the LOTF/FOTJ period is awful, but I don't think condemning that is mutually exclusive with acknowledging that the Empire has changed a great deal.

Charlemagne19 and Force Smuggler like this.
  6. comradepitrovsky

comradepitrovsky Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2017
    The Hapans were trying to install her as Queen Mother for a while, and she is technically the Queen of Alderaan...

Charlemagne19 likes this.
  7. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Wouldn't she only become the Queen of Alderaan (or possibly of "The Alderaanian people") after Leia's death?

Charlemagne19 likes this.
  8. comradepitrovsky

Jan 5, 2017
    Well, I can't imagine Han and Leia letting Jaina become Empress, tbh. I've always assumed the Felpire and the Imperial Knights formed afyer the Big Three's deaths.

And probably Kyp, Wedge, Kyle and Corran's too, because there isn't a ****ing chance they'd have let their kids, friends, and allies go off to join the Empire.

MartyAvidianus likes this.
  9. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    I think Han and Leia would just be happy someone would be there to make sure the Empire never goes bad again.

Albeit, I do think they probably never gave back Allana to the Hapans.

10. MartyAvidianus

MartyAvidianus Jedi Padawan star 3

May 14, 2017
    If they don't give Allana back to Hapan, how is she supposed to be a Jedi Queen?
    Being a Jedi Queen is bad enough, she better not be joining the Felpire.

11. comradepitrovsky

Jan 5, 2017
    I think that they wouldn't let the Felpire form in the first place. Like, while Luke and Han probably died surrounded by friends and family, Leia probably died on the Falcon, with only her Noghri, desperately running across the galaxy trying to stop the reformation of the Empire.

12. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    I like to think she tells the Hapans to nuts off and one of her cousins takes over, marrying into the Felpire.

Which is better than the alternative as that would mean the Fels and Hapans are cousin marryers.

As for Han, Luke, and Leia I think they're naive enough to think the Empire could become just another "good" monarchy in the GFFA.

They're not ENTIRELY wrong.

13. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    If Jag were Fel II, he wouldn't have fathered Roan for another forty years after Fate of the Jedi. Havin' a kid in his mid-seventies? I know that Lando did it, but, I mean, he's Lando. He would have lived to 200 and still been virile if Legends had continued.

One of Jag's siblings would also have to have had a kid pretty late in life, since Roan had a cousin.

Timeline-wise it made the most sense for Jag to be Fel I and for Baron to be Fel 0. Ben is also totally Kol's grandfather.

Dr. Steve Brule likes this.
  14. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    I wish they'd gone the Alfred the Great route.

Soontir Fel became "High Moff" and ruler of the Empire only to tell Jag he has to take over when he dies because the Empire will fall back into evil otherwise.

So he's basically crowned against his will.

15. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    Wait did Stackpole resent the direction Denning took the EU? Because if he did I would love a link.

16. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I know Zahn wasn't happy NJO onwards. Stackpole? Well, since he hasn't had a book since Dark Tide, not surprising I guess but would like to see the interview.

17. comradepitrovsky

Jan 5, 2017
    Didn't Stackpole have issues with the Del Rey team? Zain's only ever really said good things about his colleagues, even if he and Stackpole dismiss other writers in their books.

18. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    Well I can't imagine Stover was happy with LOTF but he has never publically criticized his follow authors.

19. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I just assumed Fel II took the title of Fel II and made his father Fel I. As an acknowledgment of a dynasty. Pass.

As to Jaina, she was not even married to him while Jag was Head of State, so I'm not overly concerned.

Charlemagne19; a fascist state that had a General Election in 44 ABY, and bound the unelected Legislature to it.

We were also told the Chiss absorbed the Empire of the Hand. Presumably it was smashed and then Baron Fel took over the Household Phalanx with the remnants, some of which went into hiding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daneira likes this.
  20. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Well, it doesn't work for Jag to be Roan's father. But that doesn't necessarily mean that it wouldn't work for Soontir to be the first Fel Emperor. If Soontir rules, Jag succeeds him, and then Jag's son dies early, leaving Jag's grandson Roan to inherit the throne, you've still got three Fel Emperors over four generations.

21. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    The big issue I have is the fact Jag Fel doesn't remotely seem ambitious enough to be Emperor.

22. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    The question is why would all the moffs on the moff council "elect" Jag Fel, of all people as Emperor?
    I still say the death of Chak, Davin, and Cheriss suspect. Foul play must have be suspected. It was too convenient everyone died to leave Jag. And Jaina Solo mariries Jag, and all of a sudden the Imperial Remnanant, a has been power, suddenly grew more powerful than the rest of the GFFA?
    Also it seem to me that the Chiss was absorbed by the Empire than the opposite.

23. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    They weren't a has been power after the NJO. They absorbed hundreds of new Star Systems. I think there was a reference to them having 20 Sectors since it's in my notes for my Legacy game.

This is before the Victory without War program.

While small, 20 Sectors is as large as the Confederacy.

24. comradepitrovsky

Jan 5, 2017
    I am 100% certain that Jag was made Emperor as a pawn, and then Jaina pushed him into assuming real power.

DARTH_MU likes this.
  25. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    Mohrgan Fel makes that situation tricky, since his existence and his family name heavily imply that Jaina & Jag have at least two sons. Sure, both of those sons could die, but that seems like a copout.

Don't get me wrong, I would have loved to have seen Baron return to the spotlight as the first Fel Emperor, but since Del Rey seemed to have a moratorium on using him, they instead rushed a nonsensical ending to Legacy of the Force that saw Jag awkwardly shoehorned into taking over the Imperial Remnant because they weren't creative enough to take their time in transitioning the galaxy into a Legacy setup more slowly and naturally.