main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith #1-6: The Chosen One (6/6 Released)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Force Smuggler, Mar 10, 2017.

1. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    I forsee the very obvious fate for the new jedi. Dying at the hands of Vader and his crystal corrupted. I'm sure he will put up a good fight. Since Disney is giving us more prequel Jedi in upcoming windu comic, I hope to see this guy get his own mini.

iPodwithnomusic likes this.
  2. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    As for seeing Anakin in Vader, I think the first panel where Vader force-pushes Palpy against the wall and says "You told me you could save her!" felt very much like Anakin in that moment. And his final throwdown at the end of the issue was more Anakin as a Chosen One flashy take on all at once than the cold, calculated, singular moves of Vader. Also, heck, this arc is titled "Chosen One" so it feels to me very much like Anakin the suit as opposed to going full classic Darth Vader immediately afterwards.

As for "If Sith have to kill a Jedi then why does Maul have a crystal even though the mini-series is his first time meeting a Jedi" question, there's probably a lot of answers in there. Personally, I would No Prize that Maul dropped a big anvil on a Jedi Master and Padawan from wayyyyyyy high up and snagged the crystals afterwards. That's not technically meeting a Jedi, it's just dropping an anvil on them and stealing the crystals.

3. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013

But we know the Jedi that Maul meets in the current Darth Maul comic is supposed to be his first Jedi target, right? And he already has his lightsaber at this point. I'm going to assume Sith can corrupt any crystal, and Sidious is feeding Vader a line.

4. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    Welcome to Marvel Comics in the 21st century, you're in a for a more complicated than it should be ride. :D

revan772 likes this.
  5. StarWarsFan91

Oct 14, 2008
    That makes the most sense. Also it works well with the many sith of the past. Instead of needing a crystal already in a jedi lightsaber, the large amounts of sith could get their crystals in a typical place that has them. Meaning they don't need to be in constant state of war with the Jedi, steal their sabers, to get their red blades. For the RoT sith, im sure Maul wasn't the only one who didn't kill a Jedi to get a crystal. We have to remember their is a reason the Sith have been off the radar of the Jedi for so long.

darklordoftech and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  6. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    There's also the fact that Sidious already has a full store of Kyber crystals as of ROTS (which he kept in the Grand Republic Medical Facility, per the canon edition of Complete Locations).

7. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    Maybe finding a Kyber crystal by himself is a test tailored for Vader personally? It doesn't mean that every Sith has to acquire a crystal the same way.

8. TheDonnerSmarty

TheDonnerSmarty Jedi Youngling

Dec 18, 2016
    Per this new comic, Palpatine picked up Yoda's lightsaber and had it destroyed along with all the other lightsabers. So I guess this page from last year's COMPLETE LOCATIONS book is already incorrect?

Look at the right side. The part about the box holding Yoda's lightsaber:

[​IMG]

MrDarth0 likes this.
  9. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    It's an empty box! Yoda takes brooding to a new level.

MrDarth0, Revanfan1 and cwustudent like this.
  10. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Did we actually see the lightsaber on his belt during or after his escape from the Senate building?

If not, he may have manufactured himself another one, rather than retrieving his old one from the Senate building floor where it ended up after Palpatine disarmed him.

Daneira likes this.
  11. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    I doubt Yoda has his saber after his fight with Sidious. I think Yoda could have made himself a new lightsaber in 2 decades on Dagobah. The place was strong with the Force and he's freakin Yoda. He could have probably made one out of twigs.

Daneira likes this.
  12. tatooinesandworm

tatooinesandworm Jedi Master star 3

Jul 30, 2015
    Pretty sure that's canon though. Didn't Huyang, show the young Jedi group, a lightsaber with the hilt made out of wood?

Yoda probably did have a wooden light saber.

Sent from my Ornithopter using The Force

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  13. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    damn straight he did! Of course, I guess he just had Kyber crystals in the planet somewhere.

14. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    But that was a special wood, Huyang said it was the only wood that could be used for a lightsaber hilt. I don't know if this kind of wood grows on Dagobah.

15. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    Remember that Yoda came to Dagobah from Kashyyyk and in an escape pod made of metal.

16. ManWithoutAStar

ManWithoutAStar Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 19, 2017
    Somebody with twitter should ask Pablo about this.

17. tatooinesandworm

tatooinesandworm Jedi Master star 3

Jul 30, 2015
    Pretty sure Pablo is like 5 Star Wars tweets from snapping and committing massive workplace violence.

Seriously, someone who has that much acrimony towards the fans should probably be put into a more satisfying position.

Sent from my Ornithopter using The Force

18. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    That scene would have taken place over twenty years after last weeks Vader issue. Yoda had plenty of time to build himself a new lightsaber. Unless it specifically said that that was the lightsaber he used during the Clone Wars than there is absolutely no contradiction whatsoever.

Revanfan1, BigAl6ft6 and LelalMekha like this.
  19. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    That was always a lie. Yoda fled the Senate without his lightsaber. He's not carrying the weapon when he jumps into Bail's speeder.

20. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015

Yep. As you can see Yoda's lightsaber gets knocked out of his hands during the Sidious fight and we never see him pick it back up or even searching for it. So it would actually be more of a contradiction if the lightsaber in his Dagobah hut was the one he used during The Clone Wars than if it was an entirely new one he built later.

Revanfan1, BigAl6ft6 and spicer like this.
  21. JawaDog

JawaDog Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 2, 2016
    Actually Vader is the one who surmises that the saber of a Sith must be taken before the Emperor tells him that

MrDarth0 likes this.
  22. StarWarsFan91

Oct 14, 2008
    By the time this series is over, I hope at least one jedi who appeared in it will survive further in the timeline. Vader is expected to kill various jedi, but I want to see one not fall to his hands and avoid death for now (either dying later or giving up the jedi path pre-Rebels). It could create a window into more of the world about jedi survivors perspective in a new dark era.

revan772 likes this.
  23. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Mind you, I want Ezra and Kanan to survive until ROTJ and beyond but am less inclined for others.

24. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    I haven't picked this up yet since I only get my lot of comics once a month, but I have to ask is it good? I get a lot 2x a month so just wanted to know if it's worth the effort and money.

25. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    There's only one issue out so it's hard to say long-term, but right now? Yes. It's good.

spicer likes this.