main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith #1-6: The Chosen One (6/6 Released)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Force Smuggler, Mar 10, 2017.

1. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
  2. T7-01

T7-01 Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 11, 2016
    Wow, this is amazing!

Really love the clone dialog and that they know that their fight days will be over! I love this series so far! It's basically everything i wanted. I wonder what Vader is doing there.

3. spicer

Nov 14, 2012
    A better look at Kirak Infil'a (the new Jedi character) from the issue #3 variant cover:
    [​IMG]
    https://jedi-bibliothek.de/2017/06/marvel-variants-darth-vader-3-doctor-aphra-9/

So bad ass. He looks like Dass Jennir on steroids (and Jennir is pretty muscular anyway!). I'm a bit confused though, is Kirak's lightsaber green or blue? It looked blue-ish on the regular cover and it seems green-ish here?

4. tatooinesandworm

tatooinesandworm Jedi Master star 3

Jul 30, 2015
    Looks blue to me. Some weird highlighting going on at the hilt.

Sent from my Ornithopter using The Force

5. starwarsfan54

starwarsfan54 Jedi Knight star 1

May 29, 2017
    The clone troopers in the prequels were meant to be the origin story of the Stormtroopers. I really dislike the change in making Stormtroopers and Clonetroopers distinct, it comes across as pandering to prequel haters (which is probably what it was).

DurararaFTW, HEDGESMFG and DelRiego like this.
  6. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    I don't know what you mean. It's clear from the films itself that clonetroopers and stormtroopers are different. And I am not a prequel hater.

Gesendet von meinem SM-J510FN mit Tapatalk

7. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    This would be the case were not for George Lucas dubbing all the stormtroopers with Jango's voice.

8. Darth_Voider

May 4, 2015
    But he ultimately did not dub them with Jangos voice. He just re-dubbed Boba.

Daneira and Vialco like this.
  9. T7-01

T7-01 Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 11, 2016
    Are the still clones in the Empire in the time of the OT? I don't like how clones are already replaced after one year. I always liked to see the 501.Legion clones with Vader.

DurararaFTW likes this.
  10. spicer

Nov 14, 2012
    No, in the OT the stormtroopers are non-clone recruits. According to the preview for next issue, it seems that the clones are starting to be phased-out less than a week after Order 66, which is very, very soon indeed. But, they won't be replaced overnight, so we're still going to see clones for probably the first year if not a bit longer.

MandaloreRex2015 and Vialco like this.
  11. T7-01

T7-01 Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 11, 2016
    In the Ahsoka novel are already Stormtrooper in charge when the first Empire Day was celebrated. I hope we will get in this comic some nice Vader/Clone action. I read Darth Vader and the Cry of Shadows yesterday and liked the battles. Maybe we can get something like this again (expect the ending of this comic).

Vialco and spicer like this.
  12. spicer

Nov 14, 2012
    In Legends, the Imperial troopers are also called Stormtroopers in stories taking place only a couple of months after Episode III (for example the Dark Times comics by Dark Horse). They all wear Phase II clone armour, and at least some of them are clones. So the situation in canon is very similar, almost identical to that in Legends. Exactly how many clones were in use and for how long they wore clone armour that soon after ROTS is unspecified in both Legends and canon, at least to my knowledge. What we know for certain in canon is that clones wearing clone armour were still active about 4 months after ROTS as seen in the Kanan comic.

Glad you liked Darth Vader and the Cry of Shadows, it's a very underrated comic IMO.

13. T7-01

T7-01 Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 11, 2016
    Didn't know that normal people weared Phase II armor too, nice to know. I guess canon needs to answer when the Stormtrooper armor was exactly introduced. Ahsoka said close after Empire Day that these Stormtroopers aren't clones. It was on a farmer planet but it still shows that most of them were normal humans.

Yes, Cry of Shadows was pretty nice. The story of the clone was very understandable and as I said before, the battles are nice too. Really miss Dark Horse and their Prequel/Dark Times comics sometimes (I know we will get a Mace comic but still).

spicer likes this.
  14. spicer

Nov 14, 2012
    Oh, we don't (or at least I don't) know if non-clones wore clone armour or not. It isn't entirely clear in either Legends and canon. What we do know for sure is that some of those early Stormtroopers were clones in Phase II armour. Maybe all were clones, maybe not. I guess I wasn't clear enough in my previous post.

15. T7-01

T7-01 Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 11, 2016
    Oh, ok then. We now atleast that Sergeant Crest, who worked for Vader, was a clone around five years after ROTS.

spicer likes this.
  16. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    I want to see a story about the last generation of clones from kamino. To young to fight in the clone wars and instead grow up and trained to serve an empire. Clones who never wore phase 2 armor.

Revanfan1, spicer and T7-01 like this.
  17. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013

The ones we see in the cloning tanks in TCW Season 3 wouldn't be fighting age until about ten years after ROTS. Assuming that is the last generation (and there could be one more, I suppose), that means there should still be a lot of clones about 10 BBY. And I can't imagine they've all died by ANH, either.

18. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    After recently reading and for the most part enjoying the other Darth Vader series I think I will have to read this one when the TPB is out.

Regarding the Clones there was a Clone Stormtrooper in Twilight Company which was around the time of TESB so I guess some Clones stayed on in the Empire for a few years at least. I've always thought that Vader's 501st troops that attack the Tantive IV are Clones which explained how efficient they are compared to the other Stormtroopers in the OT. This was certainly the case in the original Battlefront 2's campaign. I hope that will still be the case.

HEDGESMFG likes this.
  19. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    I assume at least some of them may have been relegated to different duties, like firefighting.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  20. starwarsfan54

starwarsfan54 Jedi Knight star 1

May 29, 2017
    That's because not all the clones were clones of Jango, Lucas explained this around the time ROTS came out.

In 2002 he said that he always knew that Stormtroopers were clones and there is a 1978 Star Wars magazine article explaining that they were clones.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Soldiers_of_the_Empire! (link isn't picking up the "!" at the end, you'll have to add it manually)

21. Darth_Voider

May 4, 2015
    We also know that Lucas changed his mind very often.

Vthuil and spicer like this.
  22. T7-01

T7-01 Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 11, 2016
    The clone around TESB makes me very happy. Idk why but I always enjoy to see clones in the new canon. One of the reasons why I like the Tarkin book very much.

Do we know how long this series will go? I guess it will have 25 issues like the other Vader series.
    I hope for more because I doubt that we will see similar stuff in the future. I hope Marvel will do more stuff in the Prequels era, too. The Mace series and this one are a good sign at least.

23. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Yeah, I can see the Mace series starting the Jedi of the Republic series. The next one will be Jedi of the Republic: Plo Koon, or Ki-Adi-Mundi. It'd be cool to see a Plo series where the final issue is him finding Ahsoka. They can adapt the script/story Filoni already has where they think Plo is the evil one trying to take Ahsoka and the pretty being is more trustworthy, yet it's the total opposite.

24. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Darth Vader #2
    DV, now equipped with the ship from issue #1, heads to a space station that contain Jedi archives and artifacts. Instead of quickly sending his clearance code, he decides to kill four clone trooper ships that are protecting the base as those aboard collect the Jedi items for the Emperor. Aboard the space station, before DV arrives, we get some exposition from two troopers about Kamino being shut now, but wanting to remain useful, and hoping that maybe someday they can wear a red hood/robes and protect the Emperor.

DV lands, obtains a green lightsaber off the wall and appears to dispatch the troopers quickly save for the two troopers that are the focus of this issue (they are named but I forget). He drops the lightsaber when he is done. One of the two troopers throw a grenade from "off screen" while DV is distracted getting information from the computer. Per his mission, he's looking for a Jedi to fight and obtain a new lightsaber. He uses the Force to prevent the grenade from exploding and kills the troopers with the Force by breaking their necks. The issue comes to a conclusion as DV lets the grenade explode and he departs to find the Jedi.

Per this issue, we get DV exposition, learning that there are Jedi that remain in the galaxy unaffected and unaware of Order 66 save for whatever they have felt through the Force. It has a fancy name that I'm too lazy to refer to as I type this, but DV explains it to the computer to help narrow the search. The Jedi is named, and we get a brief look at him in the final panel. If you look at the cover for #3, he can be seen there.

Overall, I enjoyed this issue. It definitely propelled the story forward and it didn't feel like it any any lulls. The art is a little bit better, but DV helmet is WAY off model in some panels, similar to the problems with it in issue #1. It definitely shows that DV doesn't care at all about any of the clone troopers he used to work beside. It would have been cool if one of two troopers featured got away to spread the word of DV's power and ruthlessness, but it makes sense that no witnesses were left behind per DV style in the series of stories we got in his first run.

BigAl6ft6 and SilentGuy66 like this.
  25. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Loved this issue. I thought it very appropriate that seeing as Vader has had a pretty rough week it makes sense he'd want to do things the "hard way" with the clones. After all it's been long been said in books and comics that Anakin was always at peace during combat.

BigAl6ft6 and tatooinesandworm like this.