main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Baron Fel Timeline?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Dread Pirate Roberts, Jun 12, 2017.

1. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Except he was Head of State in Legacy then LOST his position in Fate, didn't he?

Because Troy didn't like Legacy and considered it an alternate future?

2. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    That's what I remember hearing anyway.

3. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006

Has anyone paid attention?

Treise Sinde told us that Jagged Fel was the first Fel Emperor, not Soontir! Can we please make that clear!

4. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    I would like Soontir Fel to end up as High Moff and lay the groundwork for his son.

Basically, make him the Peppin the Short to Jagged's Charlemagne.

5. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006

You should've told that Aaron Allston, Karen Traavis, Christie Golden, Troy Denning and Del Rey ten years ago then.

6. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    That was a team of authors who had a lot of different ideas and probably should have been each given a trilogy rather than a round robin.

Or, heck, just let Troy Denning write it all.

He's done it before.

7. comradepitrovsky

comradepitrovsky Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2017
    Aaron Allston and Traviss can grab the Corellia plot, Denning with Jacen, Golden does a two-part Leia series in the OT.

Charlemagne19 likes this.
  8. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    I admit I want to read a Karen Traviss Admiral Daala/Boba Fett romance novel now.

9. comradepitrovsky

Jan 5, 2017
    Traviss, politics aside, is a very good technical writer, and I'd actually love to see her work closely (extremely closely) with another writer for a novel. A Stackpole/Traviss book, or a Zahn/Traviss book, would honestly be fascinating.

10. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    I love Karen Traviss and her writing. I actually have decided to read her original works as my main issues all stem from her odd takes on existing universe canon.

11. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    unfortunately Traviss swore off Star Wars.

I wonder if there were rumors that George Lucas was going to sell Star Wars while Traviss was writing those Mandalorian books (and maybe even while working on LOTF).

12. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    I believe what drove her off was the fact Lucas retconned the entirety of her writing and she'd have to adjust accordingly.

13. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    indeed. She was actually a good writer.

14. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    I'd like to think Allana went through a decade or two of Jedi training than took the throne on Hapes or maybe took it decades later whenever Tenel Ka died. This era we'll say 70-115 ABY or 65-110 ABY or whatever is a time of peace, a time of goodwill, the Felpire's Imperial mission is stalled and the Sith are nowhere to be seen. The wounds of the SCGW and Vong War heal, also at a metaphysical level the light side of the force overpowers the dark. Allana's role brings this age into being-this fulfilling Caedus vision.

As for Jaina-I don't think her parents could stop her from becoming empress though they wouldn't like it. The irony of the last solo child daughter of the rebellion's heroes becoming the empress of a revitalized empire would not be lost on them.

15. comradepitrovsky

Jan 5, 2017
    That's why I think that Jaina took the throne after Leia died. BEcause she'd fight like hell against that.

16. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Leia didn't exactly fight Jaina's affair with Fel - or go to any great length to recommend she break it off - when Fel was Head of State. At least, not to the extent Han did - Han was always much more hostile to Fel.

That said - the marriage didn't happen till after Fel had left the position of Head of State - it's possible that if Fel had still been ruler, they would have been much more against the marriage.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  17. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Han would most definitely be opposed to his daughter being Empress. Leia might not have opposed her relationship with Fel but being Empress? That would arouse more opposition from her. Or maybe not-she is a grown woman and Leia is no longer a freedom fighter she has seen the good, the bad, and the ugly especially in politics-she might just be resigned to accept it.

Does anyone here have a plausible date for Luke's death? I'd say 81 ABY at hundred years old. Does anyone have better dates?

Also Ben I prefer he marry Vestara but does anyone think he married Seha or even Tahiri?

18. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    oh my....
    I forgot Seha
    melts.

oh geez. If Ben married Tahiri it would be my dream come true.

actually, I'm not picky, so if Ben married Riina Kwaad I'll understand.

19. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Ben and Tahiri? After Invincible? Are you serious?

20. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    Yes I am.

She was in a bad place, sure. What happened was regrettable. But Ben did help her, and there is potential, at least.

21. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Given how much more like the PT Jedi, Luke made his Jedi after The Unifying Force, maybe Ben was gently encouraged by Luke not to marry at all, and his son was illegitimate, and bore the name Skywalker through being handed over to the Jedi Order as a baby?

22. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
  23. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    I don't Lucasfilm or Lucas books is into illegimate children-not family friendly.

24. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    In KJA's Jedi Search, Gantoris is supposed to be the descendant of a Jedi's illegitimate child. And there were probably other cases too.

25. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    There were-but the skywalkers are the main characters Lucasfilm wouldn't go that far.

Also Ben redeeming Vestara is a cyclical continuation of Luke and Mara which is why that works for me.