main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Out of Bounds (The ELL OOC Thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Trieste, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Mercs accumulated quite the debt with the limmie gods the past three seasons, looks like the time has come to pay up. :p

Trieste and Darth_Elu like this.
  2. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    Three straight losses to pay up for three straight Championships, eh Bardan_Jusik? :p

Meanwhile, I'm shocked. I totally had a feeling Vehn was going to come out on top this time. :eek: :D I'll take being the only undefeated left. [face_mischief] (For now, I'm sure :p )

Oh lord, dating back to last season Onderon is on a 10 Win Streak. Antaro's ego is going to be through the roof! :oops:

Bardan_Jusik and Vehn like this.
  3. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    I think some of us are hoping for more than just three losses. [face_laugh]

Darth_Elu, jcgoble3 and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  4. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    No, no. Three is enough. :p

Darth_Elu likes this.
  5. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Toilet Bowl Week 5!

Darth_Elu likes this.
  6. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

Mercs are taking on the undefeated Beast Riders this upcoming weekend, so I would say...No. :p

Darth_Elu likes this.
  7. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Undefeated Beast Riders.

Liking the sound of that more and more. :p

Trieste and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  8. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Don't get used to it. [face_devil]

Darth_Elu likes this.
  9. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Even though that post was a hat tip to Jedi Gunny I couldn't resist throwing in a few references for Bardan_Jusik (and probably inspiring the next Mercs team when they start their rebuild) ;)

Darth_Elu likes this.
  10. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Excited for this next game. [face_mischief] No matter the result. ;)

*sits back pleased though* Wasn't entirely sure where I wanted to go with Mana's post this week, but am ultimately pleased with what came out. :D

By the way, Trieste, I'm glad to see the Inky Raven again! Must continue to have Piper, Mihail, and Company's commentary! [face_hypnotized] :p

Trieste likes this.
  11. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    I think "the Mini-War" should be strongly considered as the name for the Onderon-Mando'ade game, especially after such a tight inaugural match!

Speaking of which, three shutouts in one week? (Sadly, only one of them recorded by an NPC team :() That's got to be a new record. This is pretty much me right now:

[​IMG]

And that's on top of another classic Black & Blue Battle with Vehn!

Bardan_Jusik and Darth_Elu like this.
  12. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Darn it! I posted too late this week lol! Oh well! Good win Trieste!!

Darth_Elu likes this.
  13. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Considering the score wound up being a 5 point deficit, I think we can safely say this one was nearly an OT game! ;)

Vehn likes this.
  14. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    *snaps fingers* Darn! So close! Congrats on your (first) win Bardan_Jusik! ;)

And I think Mini-War is right for the Onderon-Mando'ade game. Judging by the ridiculously low score, I'm gonna have to say I get the feeling that game wasn't just defensive. It feels like it was an utter slugfest. [face_laugh]

Three amazing shutouts in one amazing week, and despite being shutout myself...I only lost by three points to a worthy opponent, I wear the red badge of courage with pride. ;)

Better luck next time getting your post in on time, Vehn! :p

15. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Oops! in the first part of my post I called the Officers the Storm. Sorry jcgoble3 time to edit is over or I'd fix it.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  16. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Had to win sometime, makes sense somehow it would be against an undefeated team. :p

Trieste likes this.
  17. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Don't worry, I figured someone would make that mistake at some point this season. :p I figured out what you were talking about right away, so all's good. :)

18. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Clearly the Storm are gone but not forgotten.

Darth_Elu, jcgoble3 and Trieste like this.
  19. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Jedi Gunny Galin's feelings were not far off from my own feelings after the Penguins repeat Stanley Cup last night. First time in over a decade I've been too disgusted to watch the Stanley Cup presentation and skate by the players. Then again, I watched pretty much all the same people do the skate with the Cup last season, so I didn't really miss anything. ;)

jcgoble3 likes this.
  20. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Yes, my ability to post does exist. I'm just lazy. :p

Darth_Elu and Trieste like this.
  21. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    With the All-Star Weekend coming up, I will start to collect All-Star nominations and Skills Challenge participants over the next week. That being said, I've noticed that interest in the events has waned over the last few years. I want to make this event work for everyone. I received a suggestion a while back that every player team would be granted one starter and one reserve player on their respective Conference teams. That would even the playing field and prevent some players from having five All-Stars and others having one reserve player during a tough season. Would that make things more interesting? Or was the format of giving better teams more players the best way to go?

22. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    I don't really care either way. It's just an amusing side event to me; I don't really pay it much attention, but I do read the results and will occasionally write about them if I feel like it.

23. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    You asked, so I'm answering. I think interest has waned for two reasons, 1st of all I think many of us are just busier in RL than when we first started this game and have less time to focus on it so we do what we can and this event is put on the side. 2nd of all there's no novelty to the event. We've done it every year in a row for many seasons. When it first started it was fun cause it was new. Also when we took the time to vote for each other's players I liked that MUCH better. So if I had an all-star he/she belonged there and if they won an award or got to the hall of fame it was part of their resume. Now if I just appoint the player to the team it's meaningless. Also PLEASE include as many players as possible from PC teams. I don't mind when my team is struggling, until we get to All Star week and I get maybe one starter and no reserves or vice versa. If someone is putting the time in to write they should get something to write about if they should chose to do so.

Just my two cents!

Darth_Elu and jcgoble3 like this.
  24. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    My interest in the ASG wanes and waxes with the character I play. When I have a player (and they make it to the game), it's a nice side benefit. This season Declan's probably not going to attend for IC reasons, so it won't factor into my posts that much.

The fact that we don't give it its own week conspires to push it to the side as I'm squeezing it into my post rather than devoting my full attention to it. My understanding is we don't want it to have its own week to move through the season more expeditiously.

As for creating more balance in the lineups, if our goal is to engage our players in the game, that would be a great way to do achieve our goal. :)

Darth_Elu likes this.
  25. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009