main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Baron Fel Timeline?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Dread Pirate Roberts, Jun 12, 2017.

1. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Lucas himself has been argued as hammering home

"Jedi should not marry"
    "Jedi should not raise their own kids, but let unemotionally attached Order members raise them"

Maybe Lucasfilm might have taken that on board, given enough time?

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  2. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Argh
    Here we go again.

Vestara and the whole bunch at Kesh don't need light side redemption! I cannot stress this enough.
    Their emotion to access the dark side is love! pure platonic love for parents and other people and maybe love for spouses. There is no anger, no hate. No fear. Those are not t he ways the Lost tribe of the Sith access the dark side.

Vestara doesn't need Ben's help to "let go of your hate" or whatever. It's her main attraction for me. Ben/Ves may work for me because she can access the dark side without going evil or need Loreal or whatever. Much like Luke/Callista.

3. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    Lucas' personal predilections are irrelevant in Legends discussions IMHO. And not marriage in general but main characters engaging in pre marital relationships. Though Allana was one as a counterpoint.

Ben seems to have been growing into... if not into a womanizer but a young man who would probably have far more success in the romance department than his father.

As for Vestara-her retaining a connection to the dark side might seem sensible now that I think about it given Cade's antics in Legacy.

4. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    If we think about this for a second
    Jedi are strong in the Force. There are midichlorians that show how strong you are in the Force. and Jedi are not going to marry.
    So eventually Jedi should cease to exist.

Unless the Jesus route.
    Woohoo we have one Jedi!
    Oops, she turned full on Sith Lord because there is no one to guide her.

5. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Luke had a great many romances. It generally wasn't his fault, but the Empire's, that they ended.

It's like X-Men - mutants keep springing up from non-mutant parents.

Jedi Knight Fett and Gamiel like this.
  6. comradepitrovsky

comradepitrovsky Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2017
    Ben and Vestara. Or Ben and Jysella.

7. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Hell, didn't Mara make a joke about how many girls he'd been with in Legacy of the Force?

To the point they thought, seriously, the villain was his illegitimate child?

Which, again, is probably a better plot than what we got?

8. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Luke did say that him and Shira were never that close - ruling out the possibility that "Brisha" was his daughter.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  9. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Mind you, I believe Luke was covering for the fact a pregnancy surviving him blowing up her TIE fighter was...unlikely.

:)

10. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    I'm pretty sure if Luke didn't blow Shira Brie that day Shira was on the verge of really joining the rebellion.
    a pity.
    She never had the chance.
    sigh the mara jade before there was a mara jade.

ArindaRise and Charlemagne19 like this.
  11. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    She just kissed IIRC, and after all nothing was possible between them as she was a spy sent to discredit him.

12. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    yes, but there was something there.
    it could have been developed.
    it was nipped in the bud.
    compare with Mara Jade who was supposed to kill him lest there was no peace until she (Mara) succeeded.

13. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    That's usually the opposite of a Honey Pot spy's goal.

14. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Maybe Luke could have redeemed her or in a darker AU Luke joins the imperials and they pursue a relationship from there.

15. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    like dark side Revan and Bastila.
    delish

16. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    That's ridiculous because it's the story of a father being redeemed by the love of his son and his memory of his wife.

So....no.

17. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    I may have been emotional when I read LOTF Sacrifice. Mara has been with me for so long. Read heir to the empire when I was still a teenager.
    Thinking back, I don't mind her dying as much as when she died she said "You are as vile as he is" talking about Palpatine. Which is hugely out of character for her. For me, If some monster raised you, you don't just stop having some kind of parent/child bond of some sort. You may find out he was a monster a mass serial killer when you grew up and he died, but hey, he put food in your stomach while you grew up.

18. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Troy and Karen didn't agree on much but both wanted Jacen Solo to be an irredeemable monster.

19. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    One scene in LOTF speaking of LOTF scenes that gets me every time is Jacen killing Nelani-the cold blooded, pre meditated conscious nature of the act. Him looking her in the eye and saying "I'm sorry" before impaling her on a rock.

As for Mara and Palpatine I think over time she grew to understand how truly evil Palpatine was it wasn't a statement she could have made in TTT or even THOTD.