main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Do You Think Vader Would Have Killed Padme If She Survived?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Dominick1216, Jun 18, 2017.

1. Dominick1216

Dominick1216 Jedi Master star 1

Feb 23, 2013
    Let's say Padme survived childbirth and went into hiding, she also still feels good in Vader. And Sidious still told Vader that he killed her. Twenty or so years pass, where Vader is at his most consumed in the dark side, and Padme reappears to try to bring Vader back to the light. Do you think Vader, viewing his wife as someone from his past that he never acknowledges/wants nothing to do with anymore and also basically a roadblock in his quest for power, would kill her if she still didn't agree to turn? Do you think he would kill her with no hesitation and no remorse? I really can't see Vader doing this to Padme and neither his children, but I wanted to know what you guys think.

oncafar likes this.
  2. Jester J Binks

Jester J Binks Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2016
    No. Palpatine better stay away from shafts though.

3. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    I'd imagine him being resistant at first, but Padme would have an easier time redeeming him than Luke did. I'm sure he wouldn't just see her as a roadblock to power, once he actually encountered her. Even if Padme couldn't redeem Vader, he wouldn't kill her on purpose unless he was strongly provoked into doing so.
    Vader would definitely betray Palpatine for lying, though it would be unwise to challenge him outright.

KyloRen15 and Sith Lord 2015 like this.
  4. Seeker Of The Whills

Seeker Of The Whills Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    His goal was to keep her as his own forever. He wanted to be emperor of his new empire, with Padmé at his side as his queen. I imagine Padmé would have strongly fought against all of his oppression like she always did, and this would have caused Vader to kill her in a similar fashion as he choked her unconscious on Mustafar.

5. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    If he thought their child had died, I suspect he would've been twisted enough to think he could get her to provide him with another heir. To achieve his evil ambitions. Which raises another question. If Vader believed he was the Chosen One & that his offspring would have enourmous potential, why didn't he try to have another? Perhaps he did. Or perhaps his "equipment" was too damaged on Mustafar.

6. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    Anakin wasn't much of a believer. He viewed the Chosen One as myth.
    That said, he did know that he was immensely talented and that his offspring would definitely be, too. His ability to create an heir was probably severely impaired, though (or even obliterated).

7. Jester J Binks

Jester J Binks Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2016
    So now we are talking about the deleted scene that pre-edit made more sense.

Where is 'lil Ani?
    Is it safe?
    Is it all right?

It seems, in your duel,your junk became trash.

It? It couldn't have.
    'lil Ani was alive.
    I felt it!

No!

On a less serious note, had OB1 not gone to Padme at all and just went into hiding, the galaxy probably would have been better off. It seemed to make clear that Anakin didn't want "unlimited power" simply for himself. He wanted

We don't have to run away anymore.
    I have brought peace to the Republic.
    I am more powerful than the chancellor. I can overthrow him.

And together, you and I can rule the galaxy...
    make things the way we want them to be.

She would have been a very powerful influence on him. And he may not have been a fan of a republic, but he did want peace and justice for the forgotten of the galaxy.

And judging by TFA, it probably would have been a better galaxy even five decades later with the possibility of Queen Leia as the monarch. King Ben could have been a problem later on though.

Seeker Of The Whills likes this.
  8. Seeker Of The Whills

Jan 20, 2015
    His lower parts were awfully close to that lava and probably got burned the worst. Besides, even if he were able to produce an offspring after his injuries, how would he make it, you know, happen physically? With his cumbersome armor on? He can't take it off outside of a bacta tank or other special chamber. Just urinating was probably hard enough. I imagine the Dark Lord himself had a container in his codpiece that he had to empty from time to time. He's the ultimate badass, I tell you.

Lady_Skywalker87 likes this.
  9. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Padme being removed from the equation is the single most important aspect of Sidious securing Vader's unquestioned loyalty. She would represent what Luke would later come to, albeit at a much more impressionable time in Vader's "life cycle."

I am doubtful that Sidious would put Vader in a situation anywhere near her, had she survived - he would have likely done the job himself.

10. CLee

CLee Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 18, 2017
    If she reappeared at the time of the OT he probably would have just had her imprisoned as he wanted to do with Leia in Empire, thinking he could win her over.

11. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    I don't think Vader would have killed her.

Now, I believe Palpatine would have killed her.

wobbits and Sith Lord 2015 like this.
  12. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    The Dark Side is a pathway to many abilities that some consider to be unnatural.

13. JoshieHewls

JoshieHewls Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 16, 2013
    Come to the Dark Side, Anakin. We can heal your penis, and give you the libido of an 18 year old, again!

Seeker Of The Whills likes this.
  14. ObiWanKnowsMe

ObiWanKnowsMe Jedi Master star 4

Sep 7, 2015
    No way. Look at what he did just to try and keep her alive . Padme vital to Anakin's life & as Vader, it didn't change

padme.sky likes this.
  15. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    considerations:

- anakin/vader did almost kill padme in his rage and because he was so attached to her he was easily lured by paranoia about her betraying him (fear of loss). he couldn't see clearly. if it happened once, it can very easily happen again. however per the OP this is vader in the future who has a bit better control of himself. OT vader seemed pretty grounded.

- luke is someone vader thought he had lost. as luke hadn't been born yet when vader last saw padme, luke isn't really a reminder of everything vader hates himself for (what he did to padme and his unborn child---). luke is something that fills vader with hope. if he were to meet padme again, his response might be greater self-loathing because of what he did to her when they last met, and because he blames himself for destroying their relationship. i don't know if this would make him want to destroy padme, to destroy all that was, or not. in many ways padme became the face of the past, gone and destroyed (what could have been had vader not screwed up royally). her memory has been a source of pain. when luke shows up he becomes the face of the future, not the winter, but the spring.

- the reason luke was able to reach vader was because of his compassion and unconditional love, and because he stood up to the dark side and the emperor. he was brave with a good heart and would not turn. if padme was still alive and she still has compassion for vader, still believes in the good in him, still loves him, and trying to save him in the selfless way luke was, then she might be able to reach him just as luke was able to reach him.

- that said, luke and padme are not equal in that luke is on a path to become a jedi much as anakin had been. by luke being faced with similar choices, and choosing differently, it shows vader that he is wrong, and that it's actually possible to come back.

padme.sky likes this.
  16. SmallTatooineSun

SmallTatooineSun Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 16, 2016
    Well, this thread took an interesting turn lol.

I don't think Vader would have killed her. I think he might have imprisoned her somewhere and she would have ended up hating him.

More likely, Palps would have killed her. In fact, I think he did use the dark side of the force to kill her and the medical droid didn't realize it, which is why it said she was losing the will to live. I agree that he needed Padme to be dead in order to have complete control over Anakin/Vader.

Sith Lord 2015 likes this.
  17. padme.sky

padme.sky Jedi Padawan

Oct 30, 2016
  18. Bordell Eli

Bordell Eli Jedi Knight

Jan 28, 2017
    Anakin Skywalker loved Padame. The Darth Vader persona didn't change that at all. He would have never killed her.

Sith Lord 2015 likes this.
  19. Seeker Of The Whills

Jan 20, 2015
    Except he pretty much already did in RotS. He caused her death with his evil deeds, one of which was strangling her nearly to death. I'm not sure he would have stopped if it wasn't for Obi-Wan's interference. Also, his transformation into the Darth Vader persona DID change his love for her. Instead of it being compassionate love like before, it was now possessive love, meaning he viewed her more as an object that he owned, one that brought him pleasure. And now that Padme had turned against him and wasn't willing to go along with his plans, she was basically spoiled goods in his eyes.

20. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    Family was Vader's crux. It's what caused his turn, and what brought him back to the light. Vader could never bring himself to kill his own family, especially Padme, as she was pretty much the whole reason for his turn in the first place.

wobbits, Seagoat and PCCViking like this.
  21. Seeker Of The Whills

Jan 20, 2015
    Vader was fully prepared to kill Luke in both of their duels. "He will join us or die." It wasn't until Luke had defeated him and given up fighting that Anakin finally emerged again. It was the compassionate love Luke showed him throughout their confrontation, and especially seeing him suffer at the hands of Palpatine that made him realize his love for him.

Also, Vader didn't seem to care at all that Leia would have perished along with Endor, had they been able to fire the superlaser before the rebels destroyed the Death Star.

PCCViking likes this.
  22. Bordell Eli

Bordell Eli Jedi Knight

Jan 28, 2017

23. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013

He was prepared to, but even Luke recognizes the fact that Vader could never bring himself to do it. Mame, sure, but never kill. His attachments for his family outweighed his hatred. Even as he choked out Padme, he could still feel that she was alive.

Besides, Vader never found out that Leia was his daughter. I'm sure if he did, he would have tried turning her back on the first Death Star.

24. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    I don't know if it was the Stover novelization or some other source (Hell, maybe even a GL interview) but I'm pretty sure that something said Palpatine's ultimate plan involved removing her as a factor at some point. And if Vader already believed she was dead, nothing would've stopped him from sending an assassin or something after her

Really, now? Was this in TCW or something? I'd have thought Anakin would have (at least around AOTC time period) flaunted his believed status as the Chosen One.

Oh, and, on the topic of new heirs

There's no chance in hell. I'd think even with SW-level technology, his Death Stars would've been irreparably damaged. If not sort of....

*shudder*

I don't want to think further on that

Believe it or not, this is entirely within TOS

Hmm.... I find myself iffy on this. His characterization in TESB, at least from my perception, was largely built on anger, maybe frustration, perhaps disbelief depending on how you want to interpret a line added in the 2004 edition. I think it was the time period between then and ROTJ that it was the self-reflection and sudden realization of "Holy frig, he really is my son. Padme still lives through him" and all that which created the conflict that ultimately resulted in his redemption

I think it's more likely that he could've killed Luke then, but I think if that had happened, he would later come to regret it. And who knows where he'd have gone from there if he didn't end up learning about Leia too. Would make for an interesting fanfic

Damn, that's a contender for most quotes and replies to different users in one post for me

25. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    Yep, it's in TCW. He says it outright: "The Chosen One is a myth".
    He does possess arrogance, but I don't think he's fond of the idea that his life is controlled by destiny rather than by himself.