main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Fleet Junkie Flagship- The technical discussions of the GFFA (Capital Ships thread Mk. II)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by AdmiralWesJanson, Sep 12, 2005.

1. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    This really is a lovely design. Shades of the Profundity, Mon Remonda, and the ShaShore-class frigate.

I'd love to see a full side, top down, and bow show of the vessel. Very, very cool! =D=

--Adm. Nick

Jedi Ben likes this.
  2. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    That's the right idea, but I was thinking general access, as opposed to Imperial.

Is there a larger version that can take on passengers?

Another example of what I'm thinking of is Battlestar Galactica's Raptors.

[​IMG]

MercenaryAce likes this.
  3. Cracian_Thumper

Cracian_Thumper Jedi Master star 2

Feb 7, 2015
    GX1 short hauler?
    [​IMG]
    We see the Republic using them as diplomatic shuttles, Rebels has one in use as an interplanetary shuttle (and a lot more flying around), and Shattered Empire has Leia and Shara Bey travel to Naboo in one.

AdmiralNick22 likes this.
  4. seeker_two

seeker_two Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 3, 2003
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Muvon
    Maybe?

5. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    Direct hit for both of those! Thanks!

Cracian_Thumper likes this.
  6. VitorPraza

VitorPraza Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 29, 2017
    thank you sir.I imagine that it is mc100 the new generation of new republic( mon calamari) star cruiser.I want to create it more smooth, parallely in the mon-calamari style.

7. Darth_Lilapso

Darth_Lilapso Jedi Master star 1

Jun 25, 2007
    NOOOOOO!!! No more Mon Cal 'flying metal pickle' ships...sigh. :_| Please Corellian, Nadiri and Kuat Shipyards crank out some razor sharp and angular capitol spacecraft for the New Galactic Republic and Resistance to use (especially after the Hosnian Holocaust)! Sure hope that book - On The Front Lines - gives us a nicely razor sharp and angular Starhawk battleship image. Just counting the days till July18...[face_nail_biting]

Vialco likes this.
  8. Darth_Lilapso

Jun 25, 2007
    NOOOOOO!!! No more Mon Cal 'flying metal pickle' ships...sigh. :_| Please Corellian, Nadiri and Kuat Shipyards crank out some razor sharp and angular capitol spacecraft for the New Galactic Republic and Resistance to use (especially after the Hosnian Holocaust)! Sure hope that book - On The Front Lines - gives us a nicely razor sharp and angular Starhawk battleship image. Just counting the days till July18...[face_nail_biting]

9. Star_Desperado

Star_Desperado Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 5, 2017
    I want more Mon Cal ships of every scale IN ADDITION to all sorts of other more conventional designs. Why can't we have both when they're both so good? I want to see Mon Cal destroyers, Corellian Dreadnoughts, Hammerhead Battleships, Nebulon Gunboats, Dornean frigates, etc etc etc

Unfortunately I doubt that book will add anything not seen on screen.

10. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    Umm... you do realize we ALL know your views on Mon Cala warships. No need to be a broken record. ;)

--Adm. Nick

11. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Parts and technical crew for the forest moon

12. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    Parts and technical crew for the forest moon

13. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    A buncha rebels n' bombs.

godisawesome and MercenaryAce like this.
  14. Cracian_Thumper

Cracian_Thumper Jedi Master star 2

Feb 7, 2015
    It's an older code, but it checks out. ;)

15. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    If only they had a tie fighter fly close and inspect it, they would have seen the attack coming. At least by Tie Fighter (video game) logic.

16. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    "A small Rebel force has penetrated the shield and landed on Endor."

"Yes, I know."

17. Darth_Lilapso

Jun 25, 2007
    I'm trying to turn the tide against further use of ugly Mon Cal 'flying metal pickles'. Get it Mon Cal design fans...I'm TURNING THE TIDE against such designs (if only in my mind's mind).

Yoda_Jammies likes this.
  18. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
  19. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006

Very nice. Though wasn't the Quasar Fire called Phoenix Nest instead of Phoenix Home in "Zero Hour"? Same with Ezra's ship, it was called Gauntlet throughout the episode.

vncredleader likes this.
  20. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    I was thinking the same thing. Phoenix Home is the Pelta class ship
    [​IMG]

21. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Gauntlet is the name of the ship class (well, technically, the Basic translation of the name).

22. seeker_two

Jan 3, 2003

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

23. seeker_two

Jan 3, 2003

24. seeker_two

Jan 3, 2003

25. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    Well, if it makes you feel better, you've kind of converted me. I didn't mind Mon Calamari cruisers before but now that I've taken a closer look at them I have to admit that the lumpy pods on their sides are rather unattractive. Sleeker ships are more aesthetically pleasing.

Although I did love the Scythe-class from Legacy. Those were impressively sleek for a Mon Cala design.

26. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    This is great. They should do this for every battle, especially the ones only depicted in books.

vncredleader likes this.
  27. Darth_Lilapso

Jun 25, 2007
    Thank you Vialco for drinking the Kool-Aide and supporting my fight against ugly-lumpy-bumpy Mon Cal 'flying metal pickle' ships. Though I think the Starhawk Class battleship has more of an quasi-Imperial look to it (described as composed from Imperial parts). Is it possible that the author intended to re-canonize the Scythe Class ship from the old EU? Not sure if the Aftermath writer has made any comments on this? But the Scythe Class design does indeed have a front end that could be described as blunt and hatchet-shaped I suppose. I hope to learn how to post my artwork on this topic. I'm not particularly computer savvy on how to do that. Most of my concept designs for the Starhawk Class battleship stick to that quasi-Imperial look. However I've made some compromising designs that remind one of Ubrikkian ship design (in case the Nadiri Shipyards are a related spin-off company). All the concept designs I've done have the New Galactic Republic symbol attached to their hulls. In fact the hatchet-like front end of the Starhawk was the perfect spot to apply the symbol. The result vaguely reminds one of 18th century sailing ships and how some of them are depicted with a large sail with a symbol on the sail. Note the symbols I used came from a Episode VII sticker book (LOL)! But hey it works nicely...if only I could get some help posting my work...sigh.

28. Star_Desperado

Star_Desperado Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 5, 2017
    upload it to imgur, then put the imgur link in the "insert image" button on the posting toolbar, that's what I do

also I always pictured the Starhawk looking like a massively upsized Nebulon B in principle, given that that's the next closest thing to something axe-shaped, which brings me to some fan design for the Nebulon K I found on deviantart

http://calamitysi.deviantart.com/art/Star-Wars-Nebulon-K-Frigate-689166574

29. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    I'd note that the Starhawk having "Imperial parts" doesn't equate to the vessel having any Imperial design aesthetics to it's hull. We know next to nothing about the Nadiri Yards, so what hullform they potentially use is anyone's guess. I find myself imaging a large vessel that combines features of the old EU assault frigate and the Neb-B, but that's probably because the description of a hacket reminds me so much of the stuff hanging down from the down of those vessels.

RE: Mon Cala hulls, I'm partial to the direction that the old EU too them, specifically the later Mon Cala designs used by the Galactic Alliance. Actually, the MC80B cruiser remains to me one of the best designs, as it was streamlines, more uniform, but still retained classic organic elements of the MC80 and MC80A.

[​IMG]

In fact, this general spade shape really works well for Mon Cala designs, IMO.

[​IMG]

--Adm. Nick

vncredleader likes this.