main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Kelly Marie Tran (Rose Tico) in TLJ

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Chiznuk , Feb 15, 2016.

1. hippie1kenobi

hippie1kenobi Force Ghost star 4

Apr 28, 2002

Does she wear a red shirt?

2. Drewton

Drewton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 8, 2009
    Do you have a link to that reddit leak?

3. hana_solo

hana_solo Jedi Master star 4

Feb 4, 2016
    Drewton. Sure. :)

I linked the main post but also cut and pasted his replies:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starwarsspeculation/comments/6bvdeo/tlj_details/
    I put some stuff up on another thread but I thought I'd post it here.
    Was in London at the weekend for some drinks with school friends, my friend Mike lives there and works grip on some tv programmes and seemed to know some details that are on the grapevine. He's always seemed genuine (was more of a friend of a friend at school) but was a bit weird when I asked if luke died.
    He knows his **** but is pretty dense on day to day stuff.
    Basically, says that Rey goes off with Snoke at the end when theyre all on a destroyer and betrays Kylo Ren when he won't kill rey.
    The destroyer is amidst a space battle and is heavily damaged, descending towards a planet with kylo, finn and poe aboard.
    I asked if Luke died and he laughed. He's never given me any info before but I only see him normally when he comes home as he's been in London since uni. Our other friend of a friend is an architect who claimed to consult on a tall structure on TFA but turned out to be vader's castle prototype.
    anyhow, he described the destroyer so I doodled it.
    http://imgur.com/wYtLquz
    edit: he also says Kylo kills Phasma, doesn't allude to when

He alluded to Snoke betraying Kylo somehow and Rey goes off with Snoke.
    My information is 3rd hand as he's got it from someone on a new job.
    I pressed him for info on Snoke but said he didn't know. I presume he just doesn't know, but could mean we don't find out and we have to wait till 9. not sure

I've been told a couple of things about the ending of viii but when I questioned, said person got a little contradictory.
    from what I can make sense
    rey leaves a crashing ship with snoke
    luke sacrifices himself (ambiguous)
    kylo kills phasma
    giant blacked out destroyer crashes on a planet with kylo, finn, poe and bb8 on board

Drewton likes this.
  4. IncessantRamblings

IncessantRamblings Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2016
    What is the deal with trying to either kill, make Rose or Paige into double agents/betrayers, or captured? How about they are just sisters in The Resistance; one who's a pilot/gunner & one who's in maintenance? o_O

5. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Not a "shocking enough twist" for some people. Because apparently that's the only good way to write stories these days, or so I've been told.

Personally, I'd rather we avoided all of those notions this time around and do something else.

Mostly Handless and Revanfan1 like this.
  6. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    It fun to write stories. That's all people are doing here. Having a little fan fiction moment. It's all good.

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  7. ZY-Fighter

ZY-Fighter Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 1, 2017
    I'm one of those excited for Rose. Groundcrew as a proper character? Wicked! And like with John Boyega last time, it's great to see an actor who's truly excited to be part of this universe. I couldn't help but smile every time I saw an interview with her at Celebration as her enthusiasm was so infectious.

+1 for the pronunciation "Tee-ko".

8. Rhyoth

Rhyoth Jedi Master star 3

Dec 20, 2015
    Quite relieved to hear Rose comes with a sister : this suggests she will have a well developped arc of her own. She won't be just a foil for Finn and/or an undercooked LI for a rushed romance between the two.

Really hope both sisters made it out alive : i want some side material with both of them teaming up. (i wouldn't bet on that, though).

AhsokaSolo and Mostly Handless like this.
  9. General_Leia_Organa

General_Leia_Organa Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 23, 2016
    Rose is going to be the completely normal one. No tragic backstory, comes from a typical nuclear family, and is simply motivated by wanting to do the right thing. I think that matches up with what Rian said about her. The everywoman.

I'm thrilled to learn she has a sister. If nothing else it means the supplementary materials are going to have fun with them together.

cerealbox likes this.
  10. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Force Ghost star 5

Jul 21, 2016
    :) But let's also not forget how they tried to portray Rey as totally ordinary during TFA's lead up and Finn as the extraordinary character. They didn't present Kylo Ren as anyone's relative.

Rian Johnson: Lying to the audience is part of a storyteller's job. (October 2013)
    Rian Johnson: "An ordinary pack of playing cards, ladies and gentlemen." (October 2013)

There's a lot unsaid about Rose. Tran said she can't really talk until the NDA is over.

Kelly Marie Tran: “I can tell you what Rian [Johnson] said during the [Celebration] panel [about Rose] and I can’t tell you anything else.” “Uh and I’m really excited to share more when I can. When I’m not bound by NDAs. ” (April 14, 2017)

John Boyega: “All the characters are challenged and taken to real extreme levels. I get goosebumps when I talk about it, because I’m like, ‘I know, you don’t!' It’s epic… It’s a dark turn for all of us.” (April 24, 2017)

11. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Yeah but trying to pull the same trick over and over and over again isn't necessarily the best idea either.

12. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    New theory. What if it's suppose to be Paige that's assign to go with Finn to Canto Bight. Probably as his bodyguard or something.

But something happens. Either the FO attacks, C-3PO misunderstands the orders, etc.

And Rose ends up having to take her sister's spot on the mission at the last second.

panki likes this.
  13. hana_solo

Feb 4, 2016

Good theory. I like 3PO switching orders cause that could legit happen. Or someone mistakes one Tico for the other. Either way, it sounds plausible cause one is seemingly more capable for combat, but the less so one ends up going on an adventure.

Agreed with General_Leia_Organa that Rose is a normal one without tragic/mysterious family/past clichés.

14. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    I don't think the 'mission' to Canto Bight is actually a mission. It seems illogical to send Finn and Rose there, even for a Star Wars plot. Neither are in the Cassian Andor mould, and they are not even in disguise. Canto Bight is just where they end up somehow and stuff happens.

The mission to the F.O. ship is a different kettle of fish however. Finn would be the ideal candidate for an infiltration mission and perhaps they need to sabotage the ship's engines or something where a skilled mechanic would come in handy.

15. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Is Mustache psychic?

16. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Ha. I've been vindicated!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dark Horse likes this.
  17. JediAce1

JediAce1 Force Ghost star 5

May 8, 2014
    How the hell is that trolling?

18. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    It's something that has been going on for awhile, in multiple threads. I know this may come as a shock, but we Mods see a great deal that regular posters don't, and we deliberate on what actions, if any, to take. So, how about leaving the driving to us.

19. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I'm with the mods on this one. I was admittedly joking around (too much) the day I made my original post.

That said it's funny to me that she really does have a sibling! Hey-o!

Revanfan1 and Artoo-Dion like this.
  20. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    She is pretty adorable in that uniform.
    [​IMG]

Seeher likes this.
  21. Adept

Adept Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2006
    [​IMG]

They keep referring to it as a mission so I'd argue it is one. My guess is that Rose knows or has a link to their contact that requires her presence, and that Finn's past resourcefulness and combat skills sees him being placed on it as well since the Resistance may simply not have a lot of talented ground force fighters at this point.

22. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    We'll see. The "mission" being described could be the disguise one on the Star Destroyer, and not the Canto Bight adventure. Or both.

23. hana_solo

Feb 4, 2016
    They look like they've just seen Snoke. [face_praying] Like, WTF is that?

11-4D and Gigoran Monk like this.
  24. Adept

Adept Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2006
    When I look at the above image and consider what's been said, Canto bright is looking like a mission...especially since it seems Finn and Rose are there specifically to break someone out of jail....and were giving a ship to get there.

25. hana_solo

Feb 4, 2016
    11-4D, cerealbox and Gigoran Monk like this.