main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Top Duels we never saw in the prequels

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Rickleo123, Jun 23, 2017.

1. Rickleo123

Rickleo123 Jedi Knight star 3

May 20, 2016
    If you could go back and add your top 5 duels that never happened which would you have loved to have seen included in the films? Mine are:

Mace/Anakin - There was so much brewing resentment between these two over the course of three films. Would have been awesome to see Anakin after he turned attack the Jedi temple and have a mono e mono throwdown with Windu. Definitely a missed opportunity for two of the best and most aggressive Jedi going at it. Mace obviously edges Anakin before he goes dark, but Sith Lord Vader before Mustafar would have been a very close contested fight. An edge of your seat duel no doubt.

Qui Gon/Dooku - The history between these would have created a very powerful and dramatic saber duel. Master/Apprentice. Both grew to disdain the Jedi Order so it would have been interesting to see if Dooku could convince Jin to follow him and rebel against the order completely. Their styles would have been an interesting clash of combat as well. Jin is underrated as he was easily one of the top duelists of his era and only the younger/faster moving Maul beat him because of his age. Dooku would not have had the same physical advantages. It would have been a battle of finesse.

Anakin/Shak-Ti - We never got to see Anakin murder a Jedi knight or master on screen. It would have been interesting to see him actually confront one of the top masters in the order and best them in combat during the raid of the temple. Seeing how powerful he had become once he'd gone dark would have raised the stakes and made the impending duel with Obi-Wan even more dramatic. If he could cut down a master how could he possibly lose to his less gifted teacher? We knew the outcome but we would be unsure how it unfolded.

Dooku/Mace - We saw glimpses of this in the dark horse comics and their was some now legends data bank info that said Dooku regularly beat Mace in training when he was still a Jedi. It would have been another close contested duel that I would have love to have seen. Mace's powerful counter strikes would have most likely worn down Dooku but no doubt it would have been a fun fight to see unfold.

Anakin/Maul - This would have been a powerful way to show how young Jedi Knight Anakin had slipped to the darkside. Had Maul survived till the second film it would have been great to see him dip into the darkness as Maul taunts him about killing his "father" figure in Qui Gon. The flashy styles would have made it an exciting duel to choreograph as well. We got somewhat of a compromise of this in the Clone Wars micro series where Anakin duels with Venteress alone on the temple planet. That's the fight I would have loved to see against Maul in the prequels.

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    Hmm

Mace/Maul

A Sidious/Tyranus sparring session

And maybe one or two more

3. The Supreme Chancellor

The Supreme Chancellor Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2012
    I disagree. Looking at the PT era, we see Obi-Wan, Anakin, Yoda, Mace Windu, Dooku, Sidious and Maul are all better than him. Nothing about TPM hints towards him being one of the best in his era, including the fact that combined with Obi-Wan he was unable to defeat Maul. Age is a poor excuse since Qui-Gon was middle aged at most, while Dooku/Palps/Yoda were the best of the era despite being elderly for their respective species.

That said I don't think we missed much. At some point the plot has move forward. Lightsaber duels are cool and climactic because they rarely happen. If anything I think ROTS had way too many lightsaber duels.

BookExogorth likes this.
  4. DarthZ07

DarthZ07 Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 11, 2005
    In the days before TPM, I was wanting Japanese actor Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa to be cast as a Jedi Master. A lightsaber duel with Maul would have been epic.

5. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    Maul vs Yoda

Dem acrobatics!

MarcJordan likes this.
  6. Sithblade11

Sithblade11 Jedi Master star 1

Oct 12, 2013
    You should play the ROTS Playstation 2 game from 2005, it had a level of Anakin versus Mace. It also let you have duels against all the characters, so Dooku vs Mace etc.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

7. sith_rising

sith_rising Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    If I could see one duel with PT characters, it would be Maul vs Grievous, but Mace vs Count Dooku is a definite runner-up.

Darth Dnej likes this.
  8. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    Maul vs. Anakin.

9. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Mace Windu vs Dooku.

10. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    Yoda vs Vader

Anakin vs Sidious

Mace vs Anakin/Dooku

Anakin vs Maul

Anakin vs Grievous

Qui Gon vs Dooku

Sidious vs Dooku

Anakin vs Jedi Master

Grievous vs Jedi Master

11. jc1138

jc1138 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 16, 2004

But age in SW so often equates with MORE power and finesse, with the force and lightsaber. Yoda, Dooku, Sidious, and so on.

12. fastcooljosh

fastcooljosh Jedi Master star 2

Mar 15, 2017
    Darth Maul vs Anakin in Episode 3

13. Rickleo123

May 20, 2016
    Where is this stated? Yoda in the original trilogies is MORE powerful than he was in prequels? Same for Palpatine? In the books it states that Dooku was overpowered by Anakin's more powerful strikes, basically his brute force rather than straight up technique.

14. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Sidious and Tyrannus(sparring session maybe?).

15. Jester J Binks

Jester J Binks Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2016
    Mace v. Anakin was the first one off the top of my head when I read the thread title. BTW, I remember playing that 2005 PS2 RotS game before RotS was released. Although it wasn't verbatim, it definitely spoiled.

But I'm going to go slightly abstract and say RotS Anakin age v. Separatist leader Qui-Gon Jinn (on the idea that he survived TPM and left the order shortly thereafter). It would have been quite emotional. Perhaps even moreso than OB1 v. Skywalker as it ends Qui-Gon's death at the hands of Anakin.

whostheBossk likes this.
  16. Rickleo123

May 20, 2016

Oh wow that would be an dramatic one..... would have required a major rewrite of entire prequel trilogy to hammer that scenario out but the idea of anakin being found by Qui gon then being forced by the jedi order to face off and "kill" him leading to his path to darkside makes narrative sense. Interesting scenario for sure.

Jester J Binks likes this.
  17. jc1138

jc1138 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 16, 2004

Not stated directly, (and I'm not overly concerned about what the books have to say). It's more that some of the top-tier fighters are also old (Yoda, Sidious, Dooku).

18. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    anakin vs palps.

19. Rickleo123

May 20, 2016

Hmm like AOTC or ROTS pre vader Anakin? I don't see the point in that. We know he would be outclassed. Certainly would have been cool to see him in the room when Mace first entered to encounter sidious

thejeditraitor likes this.
  20. Martoto77

Martoto77 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 6, 2016
    Padme VS..... shoot! What's the other woman in the galaxy called again?

21. squallwesker

squallwesker Jedi Padawan

Jan 12, 2017
    Yoda vs. Yaddle

22. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Little Han vs. a tool box. Could've been a nice backstory to the ESB scene where the tool box gets revenge by falling on his head.

23. Jae-Dec

Jae-Dec Jedi Master star 3

May 20, 2013
    Either:
    - ROTS Anakin vs. Windu
    - ROTS Anakin vs. Maul

Either fight would be spectacular to watch.

Rickleo123 and Resic like this.
  24. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016

I agree!

25. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Anakin v Maul would be a work of beauty.

Rickleo123 likes this.