main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit One Canon - Merging Legends and the New Canon - TFA spoilers, very much so

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Sinrebirth , Jan 8, 2016.

1. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    I like Storm less now than I used to, but I enjoy it. Not only does it give background, but there are some nifty things done with the Force that shows the cultures within the Jedi.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  2. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Regarding Bariss, I still think her experiences with the bota in the Medstar Duology may have caused her to go down the dark path.

Darth_Duck likes this.
  3. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    But at least she got a pardon in time for Order 66 besides Depa...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PCCViking likes this.
  4. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    No, no, no, it was a Revan-style mind-wipe on them. I thought we already agreed on this! :p

5. Fallen Jedi Master

Fallen Jedi Master Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2017
    hey can i ask sbnice you didn't respond to me efore dose this mean Quinlan Vos is a player now has he has a wife in legends and in canon he's in love with Ventress. so dose that mean he's a player. also in my canon Barriss and Depa are frogivng and are allowed t rejoin the order. they both survived order 66, how obi-wane and vos survived dumb luck.. they later on get captured by the empire and turn to the dark side, Barriss becomes a inquisitor and Depa becomes a Dark jedi for them

6. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    In the Kanan comics, when Depa wakes up from her coma, Mace and Yoda are skeptical but Mace is like "She needs to be given a full examination of her mental state" or whatever, so obviously the events of Shatterpoint still happened in canon and she was cleared by the Jedi Order as being stable enough to continue serving. This doesn't even need to be retconned.

7. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
    no just no i never liked that with the whole mind wiping thing.

anyways in my personal canon Barriss was forgiving and was broght back to the Jedi Order and also survived the blast that was post to kill her similer to Quinlan Vos. she later gets captured by the empire and beomes a Inquisitor.
    same with Depa after the order 66, turns out she's not dead and gets turn to the dark side again and joins the empire as a dark jedi.

also the reason i do this guys is because i don't want to many dark siders turn good.

8. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Barriss dies in Reversal of Fortune and Depa in the Kanan comics, to be fair.

As to Quinlan Vos; he fell to the dark side with Ventress, on the basis of his connection with her. How many spies have gone undercover and formed relationships while under cover? More than the spy agencies would like, I assure you. Equally, we could have various explanations; he's not a player, simply not committed to his other partner in that manner, etc.

Polyamorous, undercover, accidentally fell in love under pressure, etc.

Whatever works for you.

9. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
    Edited: sorry I kind of merged your quote with my response and I don't feel like rewriting it

10. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    We've not had any major changes thus far, here. Just some titbits about Malachor from the Maul comics and Vader getting some love immediately after RotS.

The crux of this comes down to when Luke lost the NJO, and when the FO was created in Known Space. But we'll find out soon enough.

11. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    We've not had any major changes thus far, here. Just some titbits about Malachor from the Maul comics and Vader getting some love immediately after RotS.

The crux of this comes down to when Luke lost the NJO, and when the FO was created in Known Space. But we'll find out soon enough.

12. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    I was reading back through this thread, and I saw this for the first time, and I have to say that I LOVE this idea. As has been repeatedly discussed, the frequent "WHO IS SNOKE??" theorizing is a reflection of how Snoke is a cypher with little gravitas at present. Similarly, while not everyone is comfortable with a resurrected Palpatine, the "it was just a crazy clone" argument feels rather hollow and dismissive. So fusing them together - at least within the context of the nonsensical One Canon universe - is really cool in how it lends added credibility to both characters, even if it presents problems of its own.

It also makes up for the main failing of YJK's false Palpatine plot line, which was otherwise cool - the fact that the masterminds were just four random fake Imperial Guards. (I don't think they ever even got names, and IIRC the survivor was only ever addressed via retcon).

Finally, it's also kind of a neat nod to the Dark Empire/First Order similarities (and the Veitchiness of the ST in general) AND to the original DE plot idea of the bad guy being a Vader impersonator.

I'm not 100% sure how much sense this idea makes IU, but from a meta perspective it really is kind of great.

PCCViking and SpecForce Trooper like this.
  13. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
  14. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    I personally pretend that Snoke existed in the Legends universe, and that reborn clone Palpatine took him out once he saw Legends Snoke setting himself up to be the new big darksider in the galaxy. Reborn Palpatine probably told Legends Snoke what he told Maul: "You have become a rival!" :emperor:

The Force Awakens is what happens when you don't have a resurrected clone Palpatine around to put people like Snoke in their place.

Daneira and SpecForce Trooper like this.
  15. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    I don't recall that bit ever being covered in Legends, so there's nothing to contradict yet. Any possible contradictions may pop up about 3-4 weeks after ROTS. We'll see though.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  16. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    My theory is that Rax also existed in the Legends universe, but something happened and he died before the Battle of Endor. Therefore, his role in "helping" the New Republic hunt down the other Imperials and setting up for the Battle of Jakku doesn't happen. Legends Thrawn fulfills that role, but due to his constant absences away from the main part of the Empire (setting up the Empire of the Hand, hunting Nuso Esva), he isn't able to fulfill Rax's role (or Palpatine didn't intend to use Thrawn in that capacity).

Continuing with my theory...since we know what happened to Rax and Rae Sloane, it's my theory that Sloane helps sets up the First Order and "accidentally" awakens Snoke, allowing him to wrest control of the FO. Since the events of the Aftermath trilogy never happened in Legends, that wouldn't happen, therefore keeping Snoke "asleep" (if you will). I would compare this to the X-Men movies timelines: in the original timeline, Apocalypse was never awakened; but with Logan changing history, Apocalypse woke up, unleashing his powers on the world.

So, I think Legends DE Palpatine never got a chance to crush Legends Snoke, because the latter was never brought to the forefront, as they say.

Originally, my theory was that it was Rax himself who awakened Snoke on Jakku, but that didn't happen ala Empire's End. So, it appears it may be Sloane who does it (and from a different planet/system).

17. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Snoke was a Force something/in the mortis planet, and was about to awaken side by side with Abeloth but is destroyed by Abeloth and her avatars.

And you know the rest.

Force Smuggler and PCCViking like this.
  18. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    This or was somehow tied to one of Abeloth's previous escapes and was destroyed.

For Rax, I think that Palpatine sent Rax to Byss and he was killed during the DE trilogy.

19. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    I'm a big X-Men fan too, and I wouldn't be so sure Apocalypse didn't wake up in the original timeline. Apocalypse caused Xavier to be bald in the new timeline, in 1983 when Jean is a teenager, while in the original timeline Xavier was already bald when he met a pre-teen Jean in the X3 flashback.

Magneto is also running around free in the X3 flashback to meet Jean, yet there is no indication Quicksilver ever broke Magneto out of prison in the original timeline.

I strongly suspect that Apocalypse was awakened even earlier in the original timeline and was somehow defeated by Xavier and Magneto in an unseen original timeline adventure, resulting in Xavier losing his hair earlier in the timeline. Apocalypse also needs to turn Storm's hair white in the original timeline. Magneto is perfectly capable of ripping Apocalypse in two if you've read the comics. Magneto's help in defeating Apocalypse, along with evidence showing he was not guilty of the crime he was imprisoned for, allows him to be free with bald Xavier to visit pre-teen Jean in the original timeline.

Magneto then discovers the torture Mystique endures for killing Trask; he flips out, rescues her, and again becomes militant in time for X-Men 1.

Ok, back to Star Wars. Yeah, I suppose Snoke could have slept through Legends and Palpatine either ignored him or didn't know about him. But you know, that's just not as cool. ;)

20. Vthuil

Jan 3, 2013
    I don't think we can identify a point of divergence with certainty until we know what Snoke is (though Rax dying before Endor probably will still work). I don't believe as strongly as I used to that he's an ancient being, which opens up a lot more possibilities.

Edit: Or come to think of it - maybe nothing needs to have happened with him in the Legends timeline at all. As I implied, I'm leaning now more towards Snoke being NU Cronal then NU Abeloth or Exar Kun - but what if he's literally Cronal? The dude already has like a dozen identities, after all.

21. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I suspect it's to do with Snoke.

Snoke reached out to Sidious, and he turned his focus to ending the Empire rather than continuing it as a Dark Empire.

Darth Caliban likes this.
  22. Biel Ductavis

Biel Ductavis Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2015
  23. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    If so, we've handled more insane retcons between Neimoidians and Duros, or Ottegans and Ithorians.

spicer and Darth Caliban like this.
  24. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    So if Bothans in canon look substantially different than in Legends, would it work if we consider Bothan as a more general term for all species coming from a certain planet/sector/whatever? Much like Coruscanti for example - it mainly refers to all that come from Coruscant, regardless of their species.

Darth Caliban likes this.
  25. Vthuil

Jan 3, 2013
    ...you know, it might be a good idea to start doing that already.