main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit SOS: Save Our Skywalker, Luke Skywalker (v4)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JediMatteus, Sep 12, 2015.

1. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Oh, that's all? Is that really news to anyone here? ;)

2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I had to give the NJO a second chance because I thought the moon falling on Chewie was so stupid the first time.

The second time I focused on Chewie proverbially telling the moon to go **** itself, and Han's heartbreaking reaction to Chewie's death, and I was sold.

I did not like Mara but I thought Han, Leia and Luke were well done, and I really like Jaina (pre-Jag Fel) and Anakin.

It's too bad TFA gave us one offspring for Han and Leia, and he was the worst version of Jacen and AOTC Anakin Skywalker with a shot of prednisone.

I liked Finn as much or more than any NJO character though, and Rey has the potential to be a non-Fel'ed Jaina.

ChildOfWinds, Nobody145 and Jedi Ben like this.
  3. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    Well there might be new people . Look I know not everyone likes the vong but I though they were a brilliant , complex villain. I did not like Luke looking weaker than Kyp but that was fixed in the last 1/4 of the series. I was not always thrilled with Luke's inaction but I understood it in context of what the vong represented and what Luke saw in himself as of Specter of the Past .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J_K_DART and Jedi Ben like this.
  4. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    Something for all Mara Jade Skywalker fans. :)

"After being diagnosed with AS and Stage 3 Cancer, our dear friend Shannon McRandle is in need of some financial help and we want to provide some assistance to her by offering a private signing to our customers which includes actor provided 8x10 photos and the option to mail in your own items. 100% of the net proceeds for this signing will be donated to Shannon and her family. It's been about 10 years since she signed at a convention, so this is a rare chance to obtain her signature.
    Star Wars fans will know Shannon as the model used for the official Mara Jade likeness many years ago and since then, several products have been released that would be perfect to have her sign. Get something cool for your collection and help a Star Wars celebrity in need. A win win!
    Orders will be taken through Sunday, July 23rd and all Send-In items must arrive by Wednesday, July 26th. Head on over to www.OfficialPix.com now to place your order! Please SHARE with everyone you know so we can raise awareness."

http://www.officialpix.com/estore/products.asp?cat=143

http://www.officialpix.com/estore/proddetail.asp?prod=SHANNON-MCRANDLE-2017-PRE-ORDER-04
    http://www.officialpix.com/estore/proddetail.asp?prod=SHANNON-MCRANDLE-2017-SEND-IN

J_K_DART likes this.
  5. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    man this thread died

6. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    There's no easy way to save him. (legend Luke doesn't need saving).

The Luke Skywalker in TFA is now CANON.

We can't save Ciena, we can't save Clarice Starling. Now we are all failing. Damn.

Look at what they made us give.

7. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    Some characters just wind up incapacitated. It sucks but it's reassuring to know alternate universes exist.

DARTH_MU and JediMatteus like this.
  8. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Thane already saved Ciena

9. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    I'm talking spiritually. Not physically.
    I mean, physically Clarice Starling, Luke, Tahiri, etc are all fine. What I'm talking about is deeper than that.

Edit:

And Thane is exactly whom I'm trying to save Ciena from.

10. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    I would expect it to become more active towards the end of October as that's when the Legends of Luke Skywalker comes out.

There's not much to talk of with Luke in Marvel as it's all between eps 4/5.

In a way, if TLJ actually can succeed in fixing everything - long shot but it could happen - would this thread still be needed?

J_K_DART and Revanfan1 like this.
  11. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002
    I'd really like a source for this...I'm fairly certain this rumor is bull****.

Sent from my Moto X-Wing

12. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    It's not a rumor.

https://www.flickeringmyth.com/2017...and-ix-following-star-wars-the-force-awakens/

13. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002
  14. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002
    Ok. I'll concede but also add that it is nuanced. You need to know your characters to map out a story. And there is other evidence as to developed backgrounds. I think they know who Snoke is and Rey's lineage. But neither of those things are story.

Story and background are not the same thing.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

15. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    In fact, Mark Hamill asked the writer what Luke's relationship to Snoke was and the guy said, "No idea."

J_K_DART and Vialco like this.
  16. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002
    Again... source?

17. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    https://www.gizmodo.com.au/2017/05/mark-hamill-has-a-big-issue-with-luke-skywalker-in-the-last-jedi/

Btw, from now on you must offer a blood sacrifice for every future request for clarification.

:)

18. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002
    Thanks again.

Now more than ever, I wish people demanded evidence every time for everything.

I mean, in this case we're just talking Star Wars...so that comes off as a little silly.

But still...I wish it was something people practiced more.

19. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    So what do you think of these revelations?

20. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Man, it's like Sisko vs Dukat around here!

Evidence?

Evidence? Evidence! He wants evidence !?

(Waltz remains an excellent DS9 ep)

Stymi likes this.
  21. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002
    I absolutely do not get that reference. (Didn't watch much DS9.)

22. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Pity, it's one of the best Treks. Waltz was a sort of sequel to the 1st series ep Duet, which was more-or-less a dialogue between two people, which Waltz also was, but in series 6.

If you haven't watched the show there's no way for me to really convey what made both eps so good, so would recommend you take a look for yourself.

23. Jedi Jessy

Jedi Jessy Force Ghost star 5

Feb 28, 2016
    Rian said Snoke is not a character he particularly gets into in TLJ. Maybe we'll get Snoke's past in a book/comic or in the last movie

24. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Snoke's origin will be in ep 9, possibly expanded on elsewhere later but that's where it'll be first.

Of course, if it turns out Snoke began life in a parallel universe as an experimented on ape.....

J_K_DART likes this.
  25. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    Maybe Snoke will just be like Palpatine in ESB and ROTJ. He is the big bad. But really, in the OT, there was no backstory. No one in the 70's and 80's were like. Geez, I wonder who that Emperor really is... (and we didn't even know he was named Palpatine. Just some old guy in a black robe....

J_K_DART likes this.