main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith #1-6: The Chosen One (6/6 Released)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Force Smuggler, Mar 10, 2017.

1. ManWithoutAStar

ManWithoutAStar Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 19, 2017
    Suit yourself. I am loving the comic so far and consider it to be a faithful representation of Vader and the Galaxy post Order 66.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  2. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    Preview pages.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    In Legends, both sides in the Hundred-Year Darkness used yellow lightsabers. I wonder what the canon nature of Kyber crystals means for historical Jedi-Sith conflicts.

4. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    Cool preview!

So Kirak has a green lightsaber :confused: I was pretty sure it was blue from the covers, but it seems that the moral of the story is never judge a (comic) book by it's cover...literally. It does seem like Kirak is struggling with the Dark Side, and that Arex (which looks really cool) is there to tempt/test him? We'll find out soon enough I guess. Speaking of Arex, does anyone else gets the impression that he's a Jedi/light side proxy for PROXY from TFU? Or is it just me?

5. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    If we do get canon hundred year darkness material, im hoping to see more yellow and orange colors, even more purple. Also make blue and green not as popular as they are later. Red could show up when a few dark jedi twist their kyber crystals, but most of their side keeping to the jedi colors, partially to create confusion for their enemy.

darklordoftech likes this.
  6. FalconStang

FalconStang Jedi Youngling

Jun 26, 2017
    I'd like them to explain Master Windu's purple Electrum Lightsaber. What did Mace do? Kill just enuf in anger to make a blue one start to turn? After all blue and red make purple! And if that weak-arsed excuse is what they say then why call it an Electrum(element, Yes?) Lightsaber then??
    Oops, more canon crashes eh? More to come says I.

cwustudent likes this.
  7. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Electrum is gold-silver alloy - the lightsaber hilt is plated with it.

8. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Lightsaber colors mean nothing. Jedi lightsabers can be pretty much any color, green, blue, purple, yellow, even black. The only color that has an actual meaning is red, because a red blade can only come from a bleeding kyber. This whole purple=partially bled kyber because red+blue=purple is utter nonsense with no foundation in canon.

9. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013

I've always loved Mace's hilt. It's one of the more unique PT designs and, along with Dooku's and Palpatine's, really sell the individuality of lightsabers (though the generic hilts like Kit Fisto's, Luminara's, etc. also sort of kill that notion).

spicer likes this.
  10. FalconStang

Jun 26, 2017
    [Quote:(VialcoLightsaber colors mean nothing. Jedi lightsabers can be pretty much any color, green, blue, purple, yellow, even black. The only color that has an actual meaning is red, because a red blade can only come from a bleeding kyber. This whole purple=partially bled kyber because red+blue=purple is utter nonsense with no foundation in canon.)]
    Canon once again, Oy!!
    And yet this is no explanation why Master Windu's is purple now is it?? Nope didn't think so.

I can dig the whole gold-silver alloy kick. Individuality in hilt design is the Rule, not the exception. However this still doesn't explain purple blade color, and I should mention that GL has been quoted as saying that blades are blue, green, and red only. Purple was only included because Samuel L. Jackson ( the BMF ) requested it and it was explained into the canon, the original canon-GL's canon, by calling it an Electrum Lightsaber. This was not to detail decor on the hilt it was to describe color difference and function. Research people, just research.

Vialco likes this.
  11. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    FalconStang

You don't seem to understand the relationship between kyber crystal attunement and lightsaber color, despite numerous attempts to explain it in this thread. You're free to believe whatever you want, of course. But there is a clearly established explanation for Mace Windu's lightsaber color as well as all other lightsaber colors that has already been stated.

12. FalconStang

Jun 26, 2017
    Your correct in many ways, and my lack of understanding stems directly from too many years of reading and watching Star Wars just to see it 'changed' *bah! please* by johnny-come-lately disney'z new glue trying to stick their collective canon to something that didn't need fixing. In my mind they can take their cannon'canon' fixes and insert it rearward, salute and fire away. But as my sig says, 'that's just my opinion'.

13. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007

[​IMG]

14. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    It's okay to complain about retcons you dislike, but complaining about nonexistent retcons you yourself made up is pretty ridiculous.

Slater, Outsourced, BigAl6ft6 and 3 others like this.
  15. FalconStang

Jun 26, 2017
    what b this retcon creature you speak of? forgive my lack but it's been many moons since i hung out online, especially a message board, i'm not current on terminology.

16. FalconStang

Jun 26, 2017
    nevermind looked it up. what exactly was 'made up', ridiculous or otherwise??

17. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    He meant the whole thing about a purple blade being somehow a sign that its wielder has gone halfway to the dark side. There's nothing in either Legends or canon that supports anything like that.

18. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I can see how people would be disappointed in the choice to have Vader slaughter a bunch of clonetroopers but I don't think it could be considered "out of character" for him because, at this point, his crazy dial is cranked past 11 and probably broken off. Short of Vader doing the chicken dance, he can do pretty much anything at this point at it would still be what Vader would do in that moment because he's gone completely buggity boo.

19. FalconStang

Jun 26, 2017
    BigAl6ft6, I have a great deal of like for Lord Vader's character, but 'doing the chicken dance' I think i would literally die laughing. That would be as kill me funny as Doc Vader or the sychronized dancing Stormies. You kill me. Is you real name Achmed and would a Poloroid be equal to an X-Ray in ur case??

LelalMekha, you are correct, very true. My point must not have been clear. I was simply making what I considered to be equal flotsam and jetsam to what they are already trying to foist off as new canon. If my idea is ridiculous it is simply a mirror of the current *censored* that has been added to what needed it not at all.

20. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    Strictly speaking, nothing's been added. Legends and Disney Canon are separate entities. Applying your knowledge of one thing to something completely separated is, in a way, kind of ridiculous. It's like if I said that because I know that ships work one way in Star Wars, they'll work the same way in Star Trek because they're both popular Science Fiction franchises that have gone for many years.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  21. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    I wish this wasn't the case in the new canon. Twisted Red crystals and natural but rare kyber crystals that make red, should be a thing.

22. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    Meh. Kind of yes, kind of no. In Legends, natural red crystals didn't exist. They were all synthetic. I think this was to show that the Dark Side was, inherently, unnatural. Bleeding Kybers are basically there for the same reason. To show that, to be Sith, you have to corrupt something that is otherwise pure.

23. FalconStang

Jun 26, 2017
    well one last dumb question about (i hate even typing the words)bleeding crystals then. How is it that anakin/luke/rey's lightsaber remained so bright blue after slaughtering so many younglins and padawans. if that wasn't enuf to bleed a crystal the size of everest i dunno what would've been. anyway and everyway.

24. ManWithoutAStar

ManWithoutAStar Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 19, 2017
    Once the lightsaber is constructed, it cannot change its color. It would only bleed if someone took it out of the saber again.

25. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    Because you have to perform a ritual to bend the kyber crystal to the will of the dark side. This ritual is what is causing it to bleed.

Gesendet von meinem SM-J510FN mit Tapatalk