main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Club Jocasta - Recommendations for Next Book(s)

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by cubman987 , Jul 11, 2017.

1. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Okay I've been pretty busy lately and have been slacking with the book club but want to get it going again. I basically want to use this thread for people to give suggestions on which books we should read next. Keep in mind, the books we read don't have to be Prequel Era books, they can be from any era and can include things like graphic novels/comic trades. So go ahead and give me any suggestions and maybe a short description as to why we should go with your choices.

2. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
  3. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    [​IMG]

4. Darth Kronos

Darth Kronos Force Ghost star 6

Jan 2, 2016
    WHAT BOOKS HAVE BEEN READ SO FAR?!?!

5. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    Oh geez, let's see..

Thrawn
    Dark Disciple
    Shatterpoint
    Ahsoka
    Darth Plagueis
    Kenobi
    Labrynth of Evil

Think that is it.

6. Darth Kronos

Darth Kronos Force Ghost star 6

Jan 2, 2016
    How about Lost Stars?

Only because it's the only other canon novel I own, aside from the Aftermath trilogy (and I want to save those for last).

cubman987 likes this.
  7. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    Love that book

8. Talos of Atmora

Talos of Atmora Force Ghost star 5

Jul 3, 2016
    Dark Rendezvous would be pretty awesome seeing as how two canon novels in a row have been done already. We could do Lost Stars afterwards. I was going to suggest Coruscant Nights but then it occurred to me that Dark Rendezvous was only part of a vote, not an actual thread.

9. Tonyg

Tonyg Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    Cubman, you can make a poll with the second place winners of the previous polls and so to decide about the next book. My point is that they are popular enough to attract votes for the second place.

10. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    Yeah that's usually about what I do, but I'm not just taking suggestions for the next book but for future books as well.

11. Subtext Mining

Subtext Mining Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2016
    The Rise of Darth Vader by James Luceno.

A very good, yet under-discussed book. It gets deep into the thoughts and feelings Anakin-turned-Vader struggles with in the days following RotS and how he reconciles his new life and identity.
    The team of Order 66 Jedi survivors that he hunts are very interesting as well.

I read it 2 or 3 times a year, along with Darth Plagueis.

cubman987 likes this.
  12. BookExogorth

BookExogorth Force Ghost star 4

May 4, 2017
    There is a magical book club? Impossible!
    But may I drop in here?

P.S. I've read Dark Rendevous and I loved it. I've read a few of the other books mentioned, as well.

cubman987 likes this.
  13. Subtext Mining

Subtext Mining Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2016
    If I may chime in again I'd like to also suggest Cloak of Deception, also by Luceno. A great political thriller that sets up the opening events of TPM. We get to see the backstory to many things such as, the problems Valorum becomes mired in, the situation with the trade routes and the outer rim worlds, the growing concerns of the Jedi including Dooku! And several great action scenes with some rarely used Jedi as they are led down a wild Bantha chase by a terrorist organization in league with a mysterious power.

Talos of Atmora and cubman987 like this.
  14. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    I plan on posting a new poll soon and getting the book club going again. Keep sending in any requests.

Tonyg likes this.
  15. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Have we done Darth Plagueis?

16. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    Yes

Darkslayer likes this.
  17. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    No prisoners is a good choice

Subtext Mining likes this.
  18. T7-01

T7-01 Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 11, 2016
    I would suggest Tarkin by Luceno. It's cool to hear what people think about this one. I very liked it, btw.

19. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
  20. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
  21. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
  22. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    BookExogorth likes this.
  23. BookExogorth

BookExogorth Force Ghost star 4

May 4, 2017
    How about Bloodlines?

cubman987 likes this.
  24. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I nominate Revan.

cubman987 likes this.
  25. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014