main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Pro Wrestling Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by wild_karrde, Jul 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    And yet it was all predicted from the beginning.

2. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Doesn't make it any less horrible.

3. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Yeah, no one should have to go through the ordeal of domestic violence.

Juliet316 likes this.
  4. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    [​IMG]

When I first say this, I heard Cena's voice going:

So...you think you're untouchable?

Juliet316 likes this.
  5. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    [​IMG]

Maybe Riddle has finally caught the eye of NJPW. A great match with Ishii may have sealed the deal. He just needs to hide the weed, or give it to me for safe keeping.

Juliet316 likes this.
  6. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  7. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I like how even though Cena and Styles teamed up tonight their history wasn't like instantly forgotten and there was still some tension between them.

And also, there's your way to get Styles and Nakamura without a hard and fast heel turn.

8. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Double Post, so:

heels1785 likes this.
  9. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012

Did you watch Talking Smack? Cena hinted at retirement

10. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    No, I don't have the network. Will try to catch it on YouTube later.

11. bizzbizz

bizzbizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2015
    so cena did a bunch of shows over here in australia sort of q&a etc **** he comes across as an arrogant douche takes all the credit for aj styles success in wwe basically says before they wrestled people had no clue who he was and now he is a made man

Location: Plenary, Melbourne Exhibition Centre, Melbourne, Australia
    Date: Saturday July 9th 2017
    Host: Karl Stefanovic (The Today Show host on Channel 9)
    Time: 7.10pm-8.35pm
    Venue Capacity: 5,434
    Estimated Attendance: 3 ,000 - 3,500
    Ticket Prices: Nose Bleeds $100, Average Seats $169, Good seats $199, Meet & Greet Packages $500++

Promotion: I received tickets from my partner as a birthday gift. My friend and I were upgraded seats due to poor ticket sales. The Collingwood Football Club offered an online promotion for supporters to purchase tickets 30% off one week before the event. Days before the event Ticketek (Premium Australian ticketing service) offered 58% off for all general admission tickets. This event was not promoted by the WWE. It was promoted independently. Fozzy's Australian Manager did say to me that the event wasn't promoted to the right audience, Cena's promoter targeted sporting clubs rather than entertainment based promotion tools. Just to give you perspective, Fozzy have toured Australia multiple occasions the past decade to great success. Sell outs and gigs across the entire country including signings by Chris Jerichoat JB HIFI (biggest electronic business in Australia) in the city centre store. I do remember going to this in 2005, which hundreds of people at the signings. John Cena's event had no presence in the city with billboards, posters, complete lack of word of mouth and no promotion by John Cena himself beforehand at any stage. The only promotion? A Twitter post.

Event Details: The event began with John Cena coming out to his theme song. He shared a hug with the host, who squeezed his butt. They began by talking about how firm Cena's butt is. Yep... John Cena discussed the Australian sport of Aussie Rules Footy. He made a joke that he didn't give the team he visited today (Collingwood) much luck. John Cena then elaborated on their ladder position (very low) and made a joke that he now supports the team that defeated Collingwood. He discussed Collingwood's nickname (magpies) and said they were mad pies? A joke that fell very flat with the crowd.

The host Karl Stefanovic began discussing John's childhood. Stories that the WWE machine have ingrained in our being.
    • Being bullied in school.
    • Having a terrible dress sense and haircut
    • Working out at the gym a lot
    • Bodybuilding
    • OVW training with Lesnar, Batista, Benjamin and Orton

Something interesting that John Cena mentioned was his first day at OVW. Where he saw Shelton Benjamin jump from the ring canvas to the top rope, walked along the rope and flipped back on his feet. He elaborated that he was overwhelmed by that showing of athleticism and felt that he would not make it. John Cena said he made it by showing personality.

John went on and discussed how The Undertaker got a cold and they needed to find a replacement for Kurt Angle to wrestle. Cena was chosen randomly and without thought. He had an awesome blonde mohawk at the time and had to shave it off then and there. He felt the match was great. Afterwards his experience wasn't very good. He dwindled from PPV/Raw/Smackdown to Velocity/Heat then house shows and eventually even disappeared from international shows. John went on a tour of Europe (he explained that he knew he was getting fired after this tour) and saw wrestlers on the back of the bus rapping, he joined in because that's what he did when he was with his school friends and really impressed Stephanie McMahon with his skills. They placed him on TV and that was it.

John talked about his dress sense and a lot of traditional wrestlers from the back were offended by what he wore during that 2003/2004 period. He explained that the talent all had a meeting, where corporate (not sure who) explained talent must dress professionally, in suits, etc. Except Undertaker. In front of everyone Cena stood up for himself and said he ain;t doing that. He felt that he earned respect that night.

John Cena discussed how he's the first ever reversed second generation wrestler. His father getting into the business after him. This was interesting. This was pretty much it guys, the remaining 45 minutes was open to the fans to line up and ask questions into the microphone, one by one.

He mentioned that people thinks he 'buries' talent, he does not. He wrestles them, some realise they're out of their depth and they go away. Interesting to note he mentioned that he's wrestled some people once, and that's it. So whoever that's the case, they're not up to it.

Mentioned Styles did nothing before wrestling him at Summerslam. Now he's a made man...yep he actually said that (that's the gist of it). Specifically said his debut at the rumble was meh and his Jericho matches were the same. Didn't mention the Roman matches before him at all.

Apology: On behalf of myself, I'd like to apologise to all the people of the world at how stupid these Australian fans at the John Cena event were. Their questions were absolutely horrible. And I zoned out and just watched the football on my phone (my team were down 92-10 at half time and I was horrified).

Some questions...
    • How did you feel when RVD versed you at One Night Stand? (Yawn boring Cena PC answer) I love the fans, they're so passionate, yada yada yada.
      • Do you think CM Punk will return? (I'm always here waiting for a fight, he was a great opponent, it was his choice to leave, it will be his choice to come back)
      • What are your thoughts on Chris Benoit being eliminated from WWE history? (We hold celebrities to a pedestal, we glorify them for their talent and we do need to look at their behaviour, that counts, I think it's good what the WWE have done)
      • What's your favourite match? (my next one...)

Those questions were the best ones (and they're ****), he was asked about why Nikki and him got rid of some dog, what's his favourite rivalry, when will you be back on TV (I'm on TV now...) etc.

And that was it. What a waste of time. You can listen to his podcast with Chris Jericho on the WWE Network or watch his DVD and you'll get more out of it. Seriously, if this comes to town. ******* avoid it like the plague, you'll get one or two interesting things out of it, but the money did not justify the event. The host had absolutely no knowledge on anything about Cena other than his muscles and continuing to mention his movie roles on chick flicks. The one thing that annoyed the **** out of me was how each question was generally answered, with no elaboration and continuous cliche after cliche. He's robotic, always says the right things and just simply does not engage you with his words.

If this was apart of a wrestling convention, maybe a 7-8 out of 10. But because you pay just for this, and it's so damn much, it's a 1 out of 10.

article copy and pasted from another site

V-2 likes this.
  12. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    cena is the epitome of a company man

even if he genuinely thought that about aj (i am nearly positive that he does not, nor does aj have ill will towards him), he would never say it publicly and damage the brand - even at an independent event. he uses every platform he's on to promote the wwe - why would he trash one of their biggest stars at some backyard event.

it was likely kayfabe (sounds like some of their promos from last year, verbatim), or possibly in jest. also, the copypasta author sounds a bit biased and/or frustrated - towards the crowd, the host, and cena himself.

13. bizzbizz

Dec 16, 2015
    what is this kurt angle cellphone angle leading too

14. bizzbizz

Dec 16, 2015
    if i paid 500 bucks for that id be pissed as well

15. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    wait what

I received tickets from my partner as a birthday gift. My friend and I were upgraded seats due to poor ticket sales.

and it sounds like there were pretty massive discounts. still too expensive for my blood, but i'm not a person to go to cons or events, really.

16. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012

Dixie Carter appearing on WWE TV.

As someone said on Reddit, in almost every Q&A Cena does, most of his questions tend to be "Why is this indie guy better than you?"; this is probably Cena working the Internet fans, who already hate him, and just toying with them.

But, maybe on a slightly serious note, Cena is no doubt frustrated fans don't acknowledge his work rate and everything he has done for the WWE. He carried the company through the "dark ages" (2007 - 2011) and Vince would have been a very big financial hole if Cena wasn't around. So, I cannot be surprised the guy is slightly annoyed his hard work isn't noticed by fans.

Regarding AJ. He is doing an open challenge on Smackdown every week. He's basically got the Cena spot; out of all the main roster, Styles gets the most merchandise (again, use to be Cena) and Smackdown is built around him. Our good friend, Johnathan, is not use to this. Nobody has ever done that. Not even Punk at his height.

17. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Styles new t-shirts were released yesterday. All three are in the top sellers - two of them in the Top 5.

There is your reason for the MSG US Title win.

(my new name has arrived!)

Juliet316 likes this.
  18. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  19. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Damn double posting...

20. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    How ****

21. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  22. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    It is a cardinal sin, in wrestling, to suggest your life outside the business is much, much better.

Juliet316 likes this.
  23. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Unless of course, you're The Rock, and your life actually is much better outside the business at present (not that he would actually say that outright to anybody).

DANNASUK likes this.
  24. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Enzo is more or less a jobber, so there is added heat for his comments.

But, still, there has to be more to the story for Roman to throw him off the bus and the locker-room. It is usually done to teach some respect.

Juliet316 likes this.
  25. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Well,you mentioned Rock, maybe Enzo made some comments about him. Roman is Rock's cousin after all.

26. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Yeah. Or, he could be like The Miz when he first came to the WWE; a loud mouth backstage, who acted as if wrestling was one big frat party.

27. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  28. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Dave gave Cass v Enzo 1 star lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.