main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Books Star Wars: Inferno Squad

Discussion in 'Literature' started by bsmith7174, Feb 17, 2017.

1. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Guys, it was the early stages of the NEU. There are bound to be minor inconsistencies. They pale in comparison to what we got in the old EU. I for one am willing to give TPTB more than a little rope on stuff like this.

--Adm. Nick

2. JediKnight75

JediKnight75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 15, 2011
    I definitely agree. Honestly, all things considered, the fact that the inconsistencies are small enough to be easily explainable is quite impressive. When it comes to keeping stories consistent the story group had exceeded all of my expectations.

AdmiralNick22 likes this.
  3. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Noash_Retrac

Don't let unhappy fans ruin a fandom for you. There will always be people who don't like things in fiction. Just focus on the things you do like and don't listen to negative opinions on the franchise you like.

DARTH_MU likes this.
  4. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006

I do my best. Though sometimes it's overwhelming. I just refuse to abandon Star Wars because it's been there since I was 3.

5. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Speaking for myself I wouldn't abandon a fandom unless fellow fans started to seriously personally attack me. And I mean serious, serious personal attack.

Then I would have to consider what kind of fan am I to be in such company? If my fellow fans for fandom such as this, then what am I doing in such a fandom?

The main reason I stopped being a fan of Star Trek. Things got very ugly when I was playing Starfleet Academy. Those were the days of HEAT, Kali, and BBS forums....

6. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    I just, you know, enjoy Star Wars.

That's kind of why i'm here.

7. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015
    You shouldn't stop being a fan of something just because a part of it was altered. I still like Dragonball and they raped it

Sinrebirth likes this.
  8. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    It's going to be interesting to see more about Saw's Partisans. I'm hoping we get little snippets of the main Alliance in the book as well, plus it would be cool to see some of the tensions. Of course, the Partisans don't appear to fall in with the mainline Alliance post-Yavin, so they may have been increasingly isolated and irrelevant as the war progressed.

--Adm. Nick

9. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    I kinda hope Saw's partisans share the same ignominious death that their leader suffered on Jedha. Those guys aren't heroes.

10. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    You can't have your cake and have it too. If you are against the Empire, then any forms of Resistance against it you should support.

11. JediBatman

JediBatman Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2015
    . . . You're trolling right? That's like saying anyone who's for animal rights/welfare MUST support PETA or the ALF in everything they do.

Vialco, Senpezeco and Revanfan1 like this.
  12. Darth_Duck

Darth_Duck Chosen One star 5

Oct 13, 2000
    You can have your cake and eat it too. That's the point of the cake, to eat it.

And you can totally be against the Empire and not be in favour of Saw's tactics. The universe is full of nuance.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

Darth Nave, Vthuil, Vialco and 5 others like this.
  13. JediKnight75

Feb 15, 2011
    That's so untrue. People shouldn't sacrifice what they stand for, to defeat an enemy. Otherwise you just become what you're fighting against. Saw Gerrera's tactics were detestable, and the Rebel Alliance was right to distance themselves from him

Vialco, Senpezeco, Revanfan1 and 3 others like this.
  14. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006

Please don't use needlessly inflammatory language to communicate a point that can be just as easily expressed with "ruined", or similar.

15. ManWithoutAStar

ManWithoutAStar Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 19, 2017
    New image of the Inferno Squad :)

[​IMG]

Revanfan1, spicer, Daneira and 5 others like this.
  16. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    Even from a practicable standpoint, rogue hostile elements are a liability to every belligerent. Even if they share your enemy, an army without a sane objective is just a bandit group in practice, sustaining itself and causing detaruction but failing to achieve any lasting peace. "Revenge" is only a military objective in a tactical sense; it's utterly useless in a strategic sense.

JediBatman likes this.
  17. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Hey, it's one of those parrot droid things! Did we know that was going to feature?

18. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    New excerpt:)

It was in the first trailer- not sure if they've ever mentioned it though

19. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002
    I have no idea what are saying about audiobooks here. Can you elaborate?

Sent from my Moto X-Wing

20. Axrendale

Axrendale Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 4, 2017
    Geez, poor Iden. It doesn't seem like Papa Versio went in for the 'warm and caring' school of being a dad. :(

21. JediBatman

JediBatman Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2015
    Frankly it would be more surprising if someone of the die hard, Death Star supporting, "peace and order, no matter how many bodies we have to step over to make it happen" Imperial school of thought WAS the cuddly sort of parent.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  22. JediKnight75

Feb 15, 2011
    I enjoyed that excerpt a lot. The more I see, the more excited I am for this book

Daneira likes this.
  23. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    He reminds me of Yage, which is always a good thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    Really? He reminds me of Gavar Khai. But maybe that's just because Golden writes all stern fathers the same way.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  25. robotical712

robotical712 Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 13, 2017
    Iden's father: “After careful evaluation, I have decided that the four of you represent the finest the Empire can field.”

Iden just happens to be one of those, hmm...