main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars OPEN Elite League Limmie

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Trieste, May 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

Bonus potential today for Bakura, Carratos, Coruscant, Mando'ade, Nar Shaddaa, and Ralltiir.

287 Week 8 Results
    Euceron Officers at Coruscant Senators (24-18)
    Dac Mariners at Nar Shaddaa Smugglers (27-33)
    Onderon Beast Riders at Rydonni Prime Monarchs (6-19)
    Bakura Miners at Stewjon Metropolitans (30-25)
    Denon Demons at Mando'ade Mercs (21-9)
    Ralltiir Starkillers at Carratos Pirates (23-19)

TAG: Bardan_Jusik CPL_Macja Darth_Elu galactic-vagabond422 jcgoble3 Jedi Gunny Runjedirun Vehn

Darth_Elu, Vehn and jcgoble3 like this.
  2. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Sub GM Post

Bonus Potential for: Concordia (28), Tatooine (28), Druckenwell (28), Thyferra (28) and Atzerri (28)

LFL Week 7 Results
    Druckenwell Marksment @ Thyferra Force (11-2)
    Concordia Crusaders @ Atzerri Bandits (20-5)
    Honoghr Honor @ Tatooine Sandskimmers (0-12)

Tag: Vehn Jedi Gunny Bardan_Jusik galactic-vagabond422 Darth_Elu

Vehn likes this.
  3. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    IC: Andres Fortune

My whole body is wracked with nerves as we take the field. We want to stay in 1st place in the Solo? We want to reclaim a tie for the best record in the league? I want to prove I can play a few more minutes with Sancheese suspended? We had to win this game. The crowd was crazy as usual on Carratos. Fans here came out in droves. It was up to me to keep from hearing that force awful Pirate Shanty this afternoon. Just the thought of that Drunkin Spacer tune caused me to throw up in my mouth a little bit.

As a team we came out strong. Defense wasn’t letting anything through. Dunerider, Olidiipo and I all put points on the board early. The crowd quieted and we continued to play our game. Just when I thought we couldn’t be stopped the Pirates changed their game. Leigh started her usual tear and our defense seemed confused. The crowd got back in the game. The Pirates were within 3 points Lawco won a tough battle at midfield and passed my way. I wanted more than anything to score a goal. Put this game out of reach, but I didn’t have a good shot. I settled for a bar point.

It was enough. Our defense held on the next possession and we walked away with a win. A much needed win. I remember giving Ty Allin and Noah Till hugs on the sideline. I watched Olidiipo and Flylow pour water on their large hammer shaped heads in celebration. We quickly showered, piled the laundry on our equipment manager and headed out towards the spaceport. Just as I closed my eyes for a moments rest I heard the explosion. There were screams outside of our shuttle. A huge plume of smoke appeared several blocks, probably over a kilometer away.

Our transport pilot sped up, even went around several speeders that had stopped to try to survey the damage. Coach Dash made his way up front to talk to the driver. Even Coach Allin who never let anything concern him looked worried. I thought about all the innocent families who may have been in the area. Young children, hard working mothers and fathers. Beings just didn’t deserve this life. Living in fear. I just wanted to board our flight home and get as far from Carratos as possible. I wanted to hug my kids.

Luckily our pilot was ready to go as I was when we pulled into the spaceport. We all seemed to be clutching our bags tightly as we pulled up, no one needed to reach for anything. As quickly and orderly as possible we ran from the transport to the shuttle home. I never relaxed. It probably took an hour for my heart rate to return to normal. I wanted to sleep on the trip back, but I just couldn’t. I kept thinking of some father who may have lost their child on the planet I just left.

I called my kids. I talked to my parents and told them I loved them. I listened intently as Marty told me about all the health points his new holo game character had racked up. I didn’t tell him about the explosion on Carratos. Zoey had heard about it. She asked if I was okay and it touched me. She asked if her mother was okay and I looked around the shuttle. Justyne was on a call with someone too. I told Zoey her mother was fine. I even advised that Zoey call her mom when we were done talking.

When we finally landed I jumped out of my seat and ran down the ramp. I wanted to hug my kids, but their mother had beat me to it. She was in tears as she held them close. For the first time since I’d left I wasn’t angry at Justyne. I just wanted to hold her. I watched from a distance as she kissed her children. Finally Marty backed up and looked around. I gave a wave and he came running.

“Dad I heard there was a bomb. Are you okay?”

“I’m fine,” I said pulling him in.

“Was it scary?”

“Yes,” I answered.

Zoey came too. We all embraced. I told them to take care of their mom. I said she was going to need some extra love this week. “But we want to move in with you.” Marty said.

Justyne was now leaning into the arms of her new lover. My emotions were so torn I didn’t know what I wanted. “I’ll speak with my lawyer in the morning,” I told Marty.

Out of nowhere Zoey walked up and gave me one last hug. “Glad you’re okay, Andres.” She said.

Both kids walked back to their mom’s speeder. I saw them get in and wait for her to follow. I collected my own travel bag and headed to my own speeder, back to the rental house.

The next morning I did call my lawyer. I had a lot more rights to the kids than I ever imagined. The lawyer said if the kids preferred to live with me I should send a written request to him and he’d take care of everything. I did and after that I raced to work. It was just a voluntary practice. Days after games were meant for rest and recovery mostly. There was a trauma counselor at the stadium for us to speak to if we felt that we needed after what we witnessed yesterday on Carratos.

I was too much of a “man” to go see him. It’s just how I was raised, especially since I was always on path to become a pro Limmie player. I couldn’t allow anyone to see me as weak. Instead I chose to do some light drills and watch tape with teammates.

As the week wore on the visions of the smoke, rattle of the planet and screams in my head diminished. I thought more and more about the upcoming game against Mandalore. It was a game we could not ignore. Look what had happened to us on Coruscant. Every game mattered. Wins were important. Home field advantage in the play-offs was on the line every week.

Thursday morning I got a call from Justyne. She was raging mad. “How dare you take my kids?” She demanded.

“They asked to live with me,” I replied.

“That’s cause you let them eat whatever they want, take them to the holos on a school night and buy them presents. I’m their mother.”

She had a point, but I deserved custody of the kids as much as she did. “I just want the kids to be happy. They’ve asked several times to live here. I want to give it a try.”

“Looks like you are going to get your chance,” she said tearfully.

She hung up and I felt miserable. Until I picked up the children that afternoon. They had suitcases and smiles. “Thank the force!” Zoey said as I pulled out of the driveway. The driveway of the house I’d once shared with her, her brother and her mother.

We had a low key Thursday evening. I made sure the kids did their homework and we tossed the lightball around in the backyard. Zoey asked if I’d buy her a glove. The next afternoon I stopped by the sporting goods store to pick one out. While I was there a man approached me from behind. I jumped when he tapped my shoulder. Turned out to be the investigator.

“You scared the shavit out of me,” I said.

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to.” He said. “It’s just that I have discovered the identity of your step daughter’s father.”

I noticed that he was carrying an envelope. “Is the name in there?” I asked.

“Yes,” he answered. I went to reach for the envelope and he pulled it away. “I warn you. You may not want know this secret. Your step daughter may not want to know either. You open this envelope and you can’t go back.”

“My step daughter wants to know,” I said reaching again for the envelope.

“Just remember Mr. Fortune some secrets are kept for a reason,” he said as he handed me the envelope.

I wanted to thank him, but he was gone. Already out of sight. I held the envelope tightly. I almost ripped it open right there in the store. I decided to purchase the lightball glove for Zoey first. As soon as I got to my speeder I carefully unsealed the envelope and pulled out the answer I’d paid for. The investigator had been right. There was no turning back now. I knew a secret I had never expected. Yet the answer had been staring me in the face for years. How was I going to tell Zoey?

I decided not to tell Zoey Friday night. We all played Lightball in the backyard and grilled burgers like a normal family. Saturday we went to Zeoy’s raquet ball match. Justyne was there and I just couldn’t stop thinking about the answer in that envelope. When/If I told Zoey who her father is Justyne may never forgive me. I now knew why the secret had been kept so tight. I was leaning towards not telling Zoey at all. I went to bed early Saturday. The kids helped me make breakfast Sunday and my parents came by to take them to the game.

As I took the field to face Mandalore I looked up at the owner’s box. I found my kids and parents in the crowd. I cracked my knuckles and dug me toe into the turf. Time to play Limmie!

Tags: galactic-vagabond422 (who approved this post and helped develop it!) Bardan_Jusik

4. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    IC: Declan Trieste
    HoloNet Sports Network

“...and taking in today’s Solo Conference clash is ELL Commissioner Fenrir Lokensgaard.”

The Commissioner appeared on the screen. He was decked to the nines today as he observed the action on Stewjon.

“The Commish makes the rounds all season and this week is Stewjon’s turn,” the color commentator said. “Looks like he’s been set up with his own suite today. Mets probably wanted to make sure his visit was memorable.”

“I think the Mets ownership visited during the first half. Didn’t we see Rurra Eshka’mos up there?”

Lokensgaard turned his head slightly over his left shoulder to speak to one of the beings standing behind him, likely a Metropolitans staffer there to ensure the Commissioner’s visit was going smoothly, though perhaps it was one of his personal retainers. It seemed wherever Fenrir went--whether it was Opening Day of Major League Lightball, a limmie game, or eating baked goods--he collected a crowd.

“Oh you know Eshka’mos loves his Mets. He’s not going to miss a critical tilt for the team, and that’s what today is. Things hold in the standings and this game could determine who hosts the Solo Conference Semifinal,” the color commentator said.

“Big game for both teams today,” the play-by-play commentator agreed. “Hey, can we zoom that picture out a bit? I think there’s someone else in the box with him right now…”

The camera operator obliged and as the camera pulled back, the picture revealed that the Commissioner was sitting at the end of a long couch. At the other end, with his own groupies behind him, was Declan Trieste. There was a lot of empty space between the pair and nobody seemed eager to get between them.

“And the Miners owner is getting his turn with the Commish in the second half,” the color commentator said.

“I’m not sure either of them is too happy to be there.”

Both Commissioner and team owner were watching the action down on the field intently, Lokensgaard pensive and Trieste seemingly on the edge of his seat. Neither actually seemed to acknowledge the other.

“They’re both locked in on this one, and with good reason. It’s a one-goal game in the Miners’ favor. Now, here comes Mets’ captain Trevor with the ball…”

“And Noah makes a fantastic play over the bar! It’s 20-19 Mets!” the play-by-play caller said.

“And the fans love that--the Mets’ third lead of the day in this back-and-forth battle,” the color commentator said as they showed the stands at Kenobi Field full of orange and blue celebration.

The image switched to the Commissioner standing and applauding--politely, if not exuberantly. Still, there was a smile on his face. On the left side of the picture, Declan Trieste slumped back on the couch, his knit hands beneath his nose.

“And the Commissioner’s loving the action today!” the color commentator continued.

“Declan Trieste, not so much, as he sees another lead evaporate for the Miners.”

“Neither is that guy behind him.”

The remark was in reference to a young, handsome man with an attractive jaw standing behind Declan in a dark blue dress uniform. He had an erect bearing that matched the stiff pleats of his dress slacks. The grimace on his face left no doubt about his feelings on the matter.

“That’s Captain Enoch Trieste,” the play-by-play caller said, “of the Bakuran Defense Fleet Marines, cousin to Declan. Most beings are probably familiar with his sister, Jane Serena Trieste.”

“Makes that uniform look good, doesn’t he?” the color commentator purred.

“Indeed. Captain Trieste took the opportunity of the Miners’ road game to perform a cultural change with his counterparts here on Stewjon earlier this week.”

“The Miners love to honor the Defense Fleet on Truce Day. It’s a big deal for them--as the Monarchs are going to find out later this season. Imagine what every week would be like if Enoch Trieste owned the Miners. It’d probably be a patriotic party every week.”

“You might be onto something--but my mind goes in a different direction. With his military background he’d probably have the organization running like chronowork within a few weeks. I think that’s why the Mercs have done so well in the last three years. Up until this year, that team was like an army on the field just decimating the League, especially come playoffs.”

“Just got a note from our producers. Captain Trieste played college limmie at the Bakura Fleet Academy. Legendary program they have there,” the color commentator informed the audience. “They knocked off current college #2 UB Salis D’aar earlier this season when they were in the number one spot, so that should tell you something about the pride they take in their limmie.”

“Then he definitely would make a great owner of the Miners as a former player,” the play-by-play caller said. “And hold that thought--Jolla Pic just made an incredible catch on the run there from Marnie Blake and she’s already deep in--and what a rocket!”

From halfway out in the offensive zone, Pic buried a goal in the upper right corner of the net.

“What an answer from the Miners as they take the lead again!” the play-by-play announcer said. “22-20!”

With few Miner fans in the stands on Stewjon, the feed cut back to the Commissioner’s box where Declan was on his feet applauding. As he turned to high five Enoch, viewers couldn’t miss the Commissioner also clapping for the goal...with a slight lack of enthusiasm compared to the Stewjon score.

“And that’s part of why Pic won the Skills Challenge Course at the All-Star Game!” the color commentator said. “She’s had a fantastic season this year after signing a new contract in the offseason. A lot of folks were surprised that the Miners committed to a 35 year old human in such a big way at the salary they did, but has Pic ever paid off. Miners would be kicking themselves if she’d walked and started doing this with somebody else.”

“But if there’s one thing for sure, it’s that the Mets have a lot of fight left in them yet and here they go…”

Quint tangled with Duda Lucas and the pair tumbled to the turf, the ball and beings skidding along the grass. A whistle was immediately blown.

“And they’re awarding a penalty shot in the box to the Mets with a minute and a half left and the Mets down by 4!” the play-by-play caller said.

“Oh wow. The Miners seemed to have this one sewn up and now the Mets are going to put Marnie Blake to the test. This has not been a strong game for her, especially against a bottom third offensive team in the Mets. This could be the game right here,” the color commentator said.

“Gaeriel Valerii can’t believe it. She’s giving the officials an earful.” The Miners head coach had pulled off her headset and was protesting on the sidelines to the nearest official. She gesticulated by putting her hands together and dipping them forward in front of her. “She thinks that Lucas purposefully dove to draw the penalty.”

“They’re lucky that they only have to listen to her. Declan Trieste is utterly apoplectic in the skyboxes right now.”

The picture cut to the Commissioner’s box where the Miners owner was on his feet, shouting behind the transparisteel window that separated the box from the rest of the stadium. He hurled his program at the barrier in disbelief and rage. The flimsi slapped against the divide before limply sliding to the floor. As he raved, the Commissioner sat calmly on the couch, the barest hint of a smile on his face.

“Think the Commissioner can fine owners for disputing a call from the safety of the owner’s box?”

“Good question! I think we’ll find out tomorrow in the league dispatches.”

“And here we go--Lucas is set up for the shot. He’s got the opportunity to put the Mets within one here.” The blue and orange jerseyed played took a deep breath as he looked from the net to the bolo-ball. Beyond him, Marnie Blake swayed from side-to-side on her feet, preparing herself for the shot.

Lucas jogged forward, angled to the right, and shot across his body back towards the right side of the net. Blake guessed right and dove across the net in that direction. The ball went straight into her midsection. She thudded to the ground, her arms wrapped around the bolo-ball in her stomach, well in front of the goal line. There was a cry of disappointment from Kenobi Field as the Miner defense flocked to the front of the net to congratulate the keeper.

“And she stops it! Blake stopped it! Another big play from the Miners’ goalkeeper in a breakout season!”

Up in the box, Declan was had both arms in the air in celebration, clapping them over his head. All insult over the penalty seemed forgotten. In fact, he even turned to the Commissioner with a hand extended. For his part, Lokensgaard accepted the handshake with a smile.

“And that should just about do it for this one here. Looks like the Miners will keep pace with the Starkillers in the Solo Conference race and get a critical conference win…”

TAG: CPL_Macja (for teasing Truce Day) Jedi Gunny (for the ASG) and Runjedirun (I’m coming for you in the standings :p)

Runjedirun and jcgoble3 like this.
  5. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009

IC: The Rancor Pitt

"LIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE! From downtown Keldabe, on a sunny and warm Taungsday afternooooon. Welcome on into the Rancor Pitt, here on your wave home of the defending Galactic Cup Champion Mando'ade Mercs. I'm Randy the Rancor, he's Justin Pitt. Liz Baker on the boards, with Kitterich on the other side of the glass and oh baby is this season getting tougher and tougher to talk about."

"No joke, Mercs drop another one...."

"Their third in a row."

"Second three game losing streak this season."

"...and they looked bad out there in doing it."

"Bad? They looked horrible."

"Scored just nine points."

"Sixth game this season they've been held to single digit scoring..."

"Which is something we're not used to out of this group."

"...they've actually only lost five of those six games."

"Yeah that's right. I remember the three nil win against the Beast Riders."

"That means they lost one of the two games they scored in double digits then?"

"Yup, they actually lost their best offensive game, the 38 to 28 loss to Nal Hutta's Moon in week two."

"Wow, hard to believe."

"What, that they lost?"

"No, that this group's best offensive output this season is a paltry 28 points."

"28 is a decent offensive effort..."

"Yeah, but not for a season high score, not from this group."

"OK. Yeah I can see what you mean. We're used to record breaking efforts from this team."

"Just a few seasons ago they set a record by scoring over 300 points in a single year. This season they'll be lucky to break the century mark."

"Oh Come on..."

"No, he's right. they sit at 71 right now with three games left to play."

"Oh. Oh wow."

"See? Like I said. the Mando'ade Mercs have a shot at being held under 100 points scored for the season."

"I know you love to say defense wins championships Justin, but you can't win if you can't score."

"Well...yeah. Man I just can't believe the offense has been so anemic this year."

"Any reason for that?"

"Could be multiple things. Team is a year older than last and they seem tired out there."

"Think it's just that?"

The listeners could almost hear Justin shaking his head. "No, not really."

"Then what?"

"I think the loss of Mor'kesh and the failure of the rookie Giles to really step up and into his shoes is a big reason the offense is struggling."

"Losing Mor'kesh to retirement was a blow, he was a team captain and a heck of a player, but you really think his retirement is the reason behind the Mercs poor showing on offense?"

"Yeah, in part. Probably in big part."

"How so?"

"The Mercs use their middies to really set up their offense, they're the field generals out there. That's a lot to put on a rookie, so the Mercs have relied on Irvin a bit more to run the show and though he is very talented, he doesn't see the field the way Mor'kesh did. Not only did Mor'kesh set up the offense, he was that vital link, that line of communication between the O and the D that made for a finely tuned machine that chewed up opposing teams and delivered titles. I think we just didn't see it what with the prolific scoring of the forwards and all the shiny hardware brought home by a guy like Fu Arock."

"If that's the case..."

"Then the Mercs are in for a few long seasons until they can find someone else that can command from the field like Mor'kesh did."

TAG: No one shabla NPC teams

Trieste and Runjedirun like this.
  6. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

"Hi I'm Ken Kitterich with your five by five sports update brought to you by Merr-Sonn, Fill you enemies with primal fear, fill their lungs with fire, Merr-Sonn."

"Last chance for teams with post season aspirations to impress the HSN voters, let's see what happened and who will make the grade in one of those coveted top 16 spots."

"KMI hurt their chances, the number four team in the galaxy loses their home finale. Not sure how far they will fall, but dropping out of the top 16 isn't likely."

"With less room for error was number twelve VCU who also took a loss in the last regular season game. Going to be a nail biter out on Nal Hutta's moon to see if the defending champs make the cut."

"One of the teams looking to capitalize on VCU's loss is Coruscant Air Fleet Academy, they looked good in their win as they hoped for a CorTech loss that would put them in the S16 title game against GVSU. Alas that was not to be and it will be CorTech and GVSU vying for the S16 championship next week."

"In the Rim20, we're going to see number one overall University of Zeltros take on University of Wroona. A loss by Zeltros there probably wouldn't be enough to knock them from the tournament, but could elevate Wroona, so look for a hard fought game."

"I'm Ken Kitterich and this has been your five by five sports update. I'll be back with you next hour at five after the hour but until then more of the Rancor Pitt, right here on the Fandalorian!"

TAG: no one/everyone

HSN Top 25 after Week 8

1. University of Zeltros
    2. UB Salis D'aar
    3. Wookiee Forrest Institute
    4. Grand Vulptur System University
    5. Coruscant Polytechnic Institute
    6. Druckenwell Technical University
    7. Keldabe Military Institute (Mandalore)
    8. University of Trandosha
    9. Taanab A&M University
    10. University of Mon Calamari
    11. Orn Free Ta Central Academy, Ryloth
    12. University of Ord Mantell
    13. UB Gesco City
    14. Gargarrump University, Kashyyyk
    15. Vertical City University, Nar Shaddaa
    16. Coruscant Air Fleet Academy
    17. University of Ylesia
    18. Chewbacca College
    19. Palentine University
    20. Garqi State University
    21. University of Garos (Garos IV)
    22. University of Csilla
    23. University of Corellia, Bella Vistal
    24. University of Wroona
    25. Mos Eisley University, Tatooine

Trieste likes this.
  7. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Jai'galaar 'Jai' Buteo
    Arcadia Colosseum, O'Pahz, Carratos

The team was packing up, after the loss. The streak was over six games and it came to an end so close to seven. Leigh looked drained, Cutty was silent putting her gear away. Jai just stood back she knew they'd played their best, well from what she saw. She was still a little distracted by the fact nothing had happened during the game. It would have been a perfect opportunity, they had two weeks to plan, they could have found a way around the tough security, plant something in the stadium beforehand. Why would they let such a chance pass them by?

"Hey," Logan called out, Jai knew what was coming, a rousing speech about this season being over, that there was still plenty of season left to play. "Look I know it's rough, getting this far and seeing the ride we'd been on come to an end. But, we've gotten pretty far, done a lot. It's just one loss, that doesn't end our season."

Here it comes,

"There is still a lot of limmie left to play,"

There we go.

"We're not done, not until the last whistle sounds. So let's pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off, and keep going. We Will Prevail."

"We Will Prevail." The team said back just as they finished. A sound like thunder ripped through the stadium. It shook the lights and the ground rumbled beneath the gathered player's feet. Jai knew it right away. That was the sound of explosives, a bomb going off, somewhere. The others in the room looked around, some with fear, others oddly calm like they'd been through this before.

"What's happened?" Jai demanded into her comm.

"We're not sure, the Colosseum hasn't been hit." One of the lieutenants replied.

"Everyone check in." Jai snapped back.

Before she could get a reply a voice boomed across an open channel, "This is Captain Cairoka, Phran Tower has been hit, I repeat Phran Tower has been hit. All available first responders proceed to the scene immediately." Already Jai could hear the sounds of sirens. Anne already had her datapad out looking up the latest news.

"Guys…It's Phran Tower." Hearing this Jai noticed Logan's hand tightening on the arm of his chair.

"Everyone call your familes, make sure they're alright, and tell them you are as well." The coach called out to them. "Things like this get confusing really fast, make sure your loved ones know what is going on."

"Everyone stay at your posts." Jai ordered, "It could be a ploy to draw us away." She now turned her attention to Logan. "We should be going sir, they might try to capitalize on the confusion."

"I'm going to the tower." He replied with a harsh gleam in his eye.

"No possible, there could be other devices, more 'White Star' just waiting for you to show your face."

"I will not hide from them. They attacked innocent civilians."

"That's what extremists do,"

"I can't let them get away with this, I can't cower in fear. I need to show them that this doesn't scare me, that it doesn't scare us."

"And you think falling right into their trap is going to do that."

"The people have to know that I'm not afraid. That they shouldn't fear."

"I'm not here to make the people less fearful. I am here to keep you safe." Jai nearly growled at him but, he did not yield, his eyes flesh and metal did not waver.

"Fine," he said but, the determination hadn't left his features. "Then let's go to the broadcast booth."

"What," she replied not understanding.

Logan began to move out of the locker room Jai put a firm hand on the back of his chair. "I will crawl if I have to." He snapped over his shoulder.

"I'll carry you if I have to." Jai responded with just as much steel.

"I have to do this, I can't let the 'White Star' win."

"They've already done that. They've succeeded in attacking their target."

"No,"

"Are you listening their goals have been achieved."

"Not yet." With a sudden burst he tore away from her moving as fast as his chair would allow. Jai and Mikia both chase after him they finally catch up to him at the lift just as the doors closed. Jai grumbled as she moved quickly up the stairs she cursed herself. How could she let him get away? What had gotten into him?

Mikia was right next to her despite the long game she just finished playing the defender still had enough energy left to rush up the stairs two at a time. The two women burst into the broadcast booth with Logan already preparing to go on air.

"Mr. Manx-Sandin, you know the equipment here is not enough to reach the whole planet, much less the whole city."

"Someone will record it." Was his curt reply. There was a sternness to her features a burning determination that Jai hadn't seen before in him. The bounty hunter wanted very much to march over there and pick him up by the shirt collar but, relented. She could see the look in his eyes, he would not let this go, and he would do everything in his power to see it through.

"We're on in 5…4…3…" the engineer was silent on the last of the countdown.

"People of O'Pahz, The White Star have made their most brazen attack yet. I do not know how many of us have perished but, my thoughts go out to everyone that has lost a loved one. We cannot allow them to win…cannot allow them to succeed. We will not let this act of cowardice make us afraid. We will not live in fear again. Do not be afraid, keep going about your lives, do not acknowledge them, do not let them change you. Be strong, be resilient, be the city that cast them off four years ago."

"For our home, For Carratos, We Will Prevail."

"And to the sniveling cowards that slaughter innocence without a thought. I'm right here. Come get me."

TAG: Runjedirun

Trieste, Vehn, jcgoble3 and 1 other person like this.
  8. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009

IC: Austin Vehn
    Six Boroughs, Nar Shaddaa

"We've got three straight home games to finish the season. I expect the team to put in their best effort. Now is the time where the teams with playoff hopes really excel. We need to make our push," Addison insisted to the coaching staff in the final meeting before the game against Stewjon.

"The roster is healthy," Mylessa said, "we can make a run this year if the cards fall our way."

"Now is the time," Addison reiterated, "now is the time to make history. Dismissed."

The coaching staff filed out of the room.

"You push them hard," Austin commented from the shadows.

"Too hard at times," Addison replied, "but we're so close. So close to returning a championship to Nar Shaddaa. Nine years is a long time to wait."

"Some franchises have suffered far longer," Austin pointed out.

"You're right," Addison said, "did you ever find out who was behind the missile attack?"

"I did," Austin said, "and I met with the attacker."

"Oh?" Addison asked.

"Your brother," Austin replied.

"Gryffyn shot a missile at me?" Addison asked.

"No, but he hired someone to do his dirty work for him. Now he's gunning for me. With me out of the way he's that much closer to earning your father's favor," Austin said.

"I won't let that happen," Addison said as she tucked a blaster pistol into a holster strapped to her thigh.

"You usually carry heat?" Austin asked.

"Only when the situation calls for it," Addison replied as the pair made their way down to the lobby.

Austin kept a watchful eye out for any threats but he knew Gryffyn was still assembling his force. There was still time left in the season. The time to strike and the time to defend had not yet arrived.
    Tag: No One.

jcgoble3 and Trieste like this.
  9. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    Antaro Kiraon IC:
    ~Main Offices, Onderon~

Placing his pen down at last, Antaro heaved a large sigh and slowly looked over at the woman next to him. Amanthine.

"Is it over, at last?"

She smiled, while suppressing a small chuckle. "Yes, it's finally over."

Closing his eyes, the older gentlemen leaned back in his chair and took a deep breath of relief. He had wanted to follow the Onderon Beast Riders more, but the last few weeks had seen some unavoidable work matters to attend to nearly non-stop. It had been one thing after another with no end in sight.

Until now.

Like his scheduling had seemed to slip a bit in recent weeks, so too had the Onderonian Limmie team it seemed. Once 3-0, but now suddenly 4-4 from what he understood. They would have to pick themselves up and try to do what they did in the PLL the year previous…win out the rest of the season…if they even wanted a small chance of making it to the playoffs this year. Something that had seemed so likely when the season began.

Ah. What the Limmie Gods can do on a moment's whim!

Nevertheless, it was time to begin watching his team once more. For better or for worse, they embodied much of his hopes and dreams and he would see it through!

Standing up, he began moving through the room briskly.

"Amanthine, call ahead and get my ship ready."

"Where to?" she asked as she followed along with comlink in hand. She already knew the answer he suspected.

"Denon, of course."

Tag:No One

Trieste likes this.
  10. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines
    • ELL awards Keldabe, Mandalore 287 Galactic Cup Final
    • Mandalore is also slated to host the 287 GCAA Final via BeskarBowl due to standard rotation of championship game through major bowls

Bonus potential as we come into the last third of the season to Bakura, Carratos, Mando'ade, Nar Shaddaa, Onderon, and Ralltiir.

Week 9
    Dac Mariners at Coruscant Senators (24-19)
    Carratos Pirates at Rydonni Prime Monarchs (32-8)
    Stewjon Metropolitans at Nar Shaddaa Smugglers (1-15)
    Onderon Beast Riders at Denon Demons (14-14, OT 19-16)
    Mando'ade Mercs at Ralltiir Starkillers (16-15)
    Bakura Miners at Euceron Officers (32-25)

TAG: Bardan_Jusik CPL_Macja Darth_Elu galactic-vagabond422 jcgoble3 Jedi Gunny Runjedirun Vehn

11. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Sub GM Post

Bonus Potential for: Concordia (28), Tatooine (28), Druckenwell (28), Honoghr (28) and Atzerri (28)

Week 8 LFL Results
    Concordia Crusaders @ Thyferra Force (14-16)
    Honoghr Honor @ Druckenwell Marksmen (17-16)
    Tatooine Sandskimmers @ Atzerri Bandits (23-21)

Tags Bardan_Jusik Jedi Gunny Darth_Elu Vehn galactic-vagabond422

Vehn likes this.
  12. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012

What the hell was going on? It’s halftime and we only have a two point lead? Why are there only 8 points on the board for us? How come I have only scored one point? What happened to all that time we spent studying tape? What about all those extra reps on the field this week? How could this be happening? I was finally going to be the guy that lead this team to a Commissioner’s Trophy and it was falling out of our grasp fast!

I thought all of us headed back onto the field with great determination. I thought we’d plow into the Mercs, score like crazy and get the victory we deserved. Sometimes life just kicks you in the face. That’s what today’s loss felt like. We had a chance there at the end. We had the game tied. Damn if our defense couldn’t hold in the end. Ty Allin could never keep his composure in losses like this. The assistant coach was kicking equipment on the sidelines and cursing like a fighter pilot.

I handled my own disappointment differently. I was quiet. I didn’t answer the trainer’s questions, I just undressed and jumped in my ice bath. When the timer went off I stepped out, toweled off, got dressed and grabbed my data pad. My parents were waiting out in the hallway with my kids. It was Zoey who spoke first, “Tough loss.” She said.

“You’re telling me,” I said trying to crack a smile.

“Sorry about the loss dad,” Marty chimed in.

“Me too,” I said taking a breath as the weight settled in. I had felt it all slip away, not just the commissioner’s trophy but the conference lead and our play-off bye. The season was by no means over, we just had a steeper hill to climb now. I reached out and took Marty’s hand. Like he was 2 instead of 9. I took Zoey’s hand in my other hand and we all walked as a family out to my speeder.

When we got to the house I just grabbed my bag and went to be alone in my room. I don’t know how long I was in there. I guess I just figured the kids would go to bed on their own. Until there was a knock on my door. “You gonna make dinner?” Zoey’s voice asked.

I got up from my bed, feeling the familiar muscle aches in my legs as I took those first steps. I opened the door. “What do you want for dinner?” I asked as cheerfully as I could.

Zoey just shrugged and I followed her to the kitchen. “Marty was sitting at the counter on a stool eating a bowl of ice cream. I grabbed it away. “Let’s save this for after dinner,” I suggested as I opened the ice box and put the sundae inside.

“Hey!” He snapped.

“The judge finds out I let you eat ice cream for dinner, you go back to your mother’s,” I remind him.

“I won’t tell,” Marty insists.

I ignore his comments and place salad ingredients on the counter. Zoey helps me cut the veggies and we grill some meat to throw on top. Marty makes a face at his, but after pouring on enough dressing the contents of his bowl disappear. Then he greedily finishes his ice cream.

Zoey takes a while to eat her salad. After Marty retreats back to his holo games we sit alone in silence just munching. We have two road games on the horizon. Must win games. I know I’m going to be busy or be away. Do I tell Zoey who her father is? Should I wait until we have more time to discuss it? Or is it just cruel to keep putting it off?

We’re alone, I’m either going to agonize or get it over with. So I pull out my chair and retrieve the envelope from the drawer in my dresser where I stored it away. “Whatcha got?” She asks curiously as I head back towards the table.

“Your father,” I say. “The investigator gave me this, his name is in here.” I hand her the envelope.

“This isn’t good news, is it? My father’s in jail isn’t he?” I shook my head no. “He’s dead then,” she said sadly.

“No he’s not dead,” I answer.

“Then why the long face?” I watch he fingers trace the envelope. She wants to open it, but she’s afraid.

She closes her eyes and unseals the envelope. I watch her read the words on the flimsy. “That can’t be,” she says.

“Well it is,” I tell her gently reaching out my hand in case she wants to take it.

She doesn’t reach for my hand. “Uncle Ryan is gay. He sleeps with men.”

“And he was dating your uncle Richard when you came to be,” I confirmed. “That’s why your mother went through so much trouble to keep this a secret.”

“Does my mom know you have this information? Does Uncle, I mean my father know?”

“No,” I admitted. “I wasn’t sure what we should do with this information.”

“Well mom would probably be thrilled,” Zoey said. She didn’t sound like she was being sarcastic.

“What do you mean?” I asked to see if I was just hearing her tone wrong.

“I mean the reason Marty and I wanted to get out of there so bad is because Stephen and mom want to set up holo’s in the house and be on a reality holo show. Broadcast our private business to the planet, maybe the whole galaxy. This kinda of drama would really boost the ratings on a crap show like that.”

“Woah, don’t you worry. I’d never sign off to allow your mother to do that.”

“Doesn’t matter,” she says sadly. “You really don’t have much say in my life. My mom is my mom and she’s all for it. I guess now what we gotta do is work on Uncle Ry I mean my father and get him on our side. Should I call him?”

Oops. I totally hadn’t though this through. I didn’t want to break up my brother-in-law’s marriage. “Your dad doesn’t know you know who he is,” I said gently.

“What if he doesn’t want me,” Zoey hangs her head. “He’s got two other kids now. So now I know who my father is, he lives practically right down the road and I can’t even go say hi. This sucks!”

“We can call him,” I venture. “If that’s what you want.”

“I don’t know what I want. Ten minutes ago Ryan was my uncle, my cross dressing, earing wearing, flirtatious, GAY uncle. Now you tell me he’s my father. What the hell am I supposed to do?”

“Have you really seen him in a dress?” I ask simply cause that’s what comes to mind first.

“Well, no. But I can picture him in one. Can’t you?”

I didn’t want to see that picture.

“Let’s call him.” She says boldly.

Luckily Marty is so into that holo game that Zoey and I could be riding a roller coaster in the living room and I don’t think he’d know. I dial Richard’s number. I don’t have a number for Ryan.

“Andres,” Richard says with surprise. “Look I know your upset about the loss. I had a talk with Coaches Dash and Allin just an hour ago..”

“Mr. Vigo, this isn’t about the game,” I say putting Zoey in the holo. “It’s about your niece. Can we talk to Ryan?”

Richard tries to stay composed. Even though his face says Why? He gets up and Ryan comes back to talk to us. “Richard has to watch the kids. They are about ready for bed, but you break up the routine at this point and they are up for hours. So you wanted to talk to me?” He asks.

“Are you my Dad?” Zoey asks bluntly.

“Yes.” Ryan says. “How’d you finally find out?”

“Fortune hired someone,” Zoey answers. This girl just cuts right to the chase. “Look my parents are getting divorced soon and I can’t go live with my mom. I think Fortune will have me, but you are gonna have to help. Can you do that?”

I just turn my head and look at Zoey in disbelief. The thoughts running through my head are more like, Does Richard know? What’s gonna happen when this secret gets out? Maybe I should have made this call myself, without Zoey.

“Zoey,” Ryan says looking at his little girl. It’s just so uncanny how much they look alike now that I know they are related. “No one, and mean one except for your mother and I know your my daughter. Can you give me a day or two to break this to your Uncle Richard? I promise no matter what to help you find the best family to live with. Even if that means you living with me,” he offered. “Zoey please trust me. I’m sorry I can’t help tonight. But I will.”

Zoey reaches out and cuts the communication. She crosses her arms. “So you think he’s gonna tell Uncle Richard?” She asks.

“He has to,” I assure her.

“This is so weird!” Zoey gets up and storms to her room. I think it’s like after the game. She wants to be alone and I let her be alone. I check on her before bed and she insists she’s fine. The next morning she acts as normal as an almost 13 year old girl can act. Marty still has no idea her sister has learned the identity of her father.

I just do my best to put the Mercs game behind me and the Smugglers game in front of me. We can’t afford another loss. We can’t focus on all the things that slipped away last week. It’s hard, I gotta let my parents help with the kids so I can focus on work. I tell them to keep an extra eye on Zoey and they insist she’s fine.

A few days pass and finally Ryan texts me. He wants to come to the house to speak to Zoey in person. I welcome him. We order food, because we aren’t really sure if Ryan would like our cookouts, salads or sandwiches. There are no gourmet meals at the Fortune home. The first thing Ryan does is hug Zoey. They embrace a long time and he kisses her forehead. “You’re so beautiful," he says as he holds her.

“I’ve been living just a few kilometers from you most of my life,” Zoey reminds him. “You know what I look like.”

Ryan blushes. He and Zoey go to her bedroom to talk. “What’s going on?” Marty asks. I tell Marty what’s going on while Zoey gets to know her father. Marty doesn’t understand to the extent that his sister does where babies come from yet. He’s still just as perplexed that Ryan could be Zoey’s father. Me I’ve been concocting stories in my head for over a week now. A drunken mistake? An experiment on Ryan’s part to understand his true identity? Maybe Justyne seduced him just to get back at her brother for something? Anything was possible. None of this was something I could tell a 9 year old.

By the time we left for Nar Shaddaa I felt at peace. Zoey knew what she wanted to know. Ryan had come and even though I wasn’t sure what he had discussed with Zoey they both seemed calm at the end of the night. Richard and Ryan as far as I knew were still a couple, no word of turmoil in their relationship. The kids remained in my custody. I gave them hugs before boarding the shuttle. “Get the win,” Zoey called to me as we parted.

“Show ‘em Dad!” Marty called after her.

Tags: Bardan_Jusik Vehn

Jedi Gunny, Trieste, Vehn and 2 others like this.
  13. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

"LIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE! From downtown Keldabe, on a sunny and warm Victory afternooooon. Welcome on into the Rancor Pitt, here on your wave home of the defending Galactic Cup Champion Mando'ade Mercs. I'm Randy the Rancor, he's Justin Pitt. Liz Baker on the boards, with Kitterich on the other side of the glass and oh baby do we have a lot to talk about today."

"Mercs finally win another one..."

"Yeah they did, and ended their three game losing streak in improbable fashion."

"I didn't see them taking out a Starkillers team that is probably playoff bound..."

"No, me neither."

"...though to be honest, I don't think it's going to make much difference. Mercs aren't going to make the playoffs this season."

"Probably not, probably not, but they're showing they still have some fight left in them after all."

"That they do."

"And that wasn't even the biggest news of the weekend!"

"Oh you finally got that rash look..."

"What?"

"You know, you were complaining about it all last week off the air..."

"No! I mean, yeah, but that's not what I'm talking about!"

"Oh?"

"No! I'm talking about the announcement that even if the Mercs miss out on the post season, the road to the Galactic Cup still comes through Mandalore!"

"Oh yeah, that's awesome news. Going to be exciting times on Mandalore hosting the Galactic Cup Finals, and with them the LFL Finals beforehand, and the day before that, Meshla Vhetin hosts the Beskar Bowl..."

"Presented by MandalMotors."

"...in the current rotation for the GCAA Limmie Championship."

"Eyes of the Limmie world will be on Mandalore for Championship weekend that's for sure. I just hope we can handle it."

"You have doubts?"

"I was here on the construction teams in 276, yeah I have a few doubts."

"Yeah, but everything worked out fine there, and the infrastructure is still in place..."

"True. But that's a lot of high profile game for one field to handle in a weekend."

"If any field can it's the beautiful one."

"True, true. You know what I really love about this announcement though?"

"What's that?"

"With the Galactic Cup calling Meshla Vhetin home for the past three seasons, it seems fitting that it should be awarded to the ELL's next champion here."

"Ya know, I wasn't thinking about it that way, but you're right. That's almost poetic."

There was a brief pause as Randy seemed choked up for a moment before he moved on to another topic. "OK then, we have the rest of the season and playoffs to talk about that..."

"Though it is exciting."

"...so lets. Yeah it really is. But let's talk about this past weekend where the Mercs pulled off the upset win on Ralltiir. What the shab happened?"

"It surprised the bookmakers over at Rossum, that's for sure."

"Oh, know a thing or two about gambling there do ya?"

"Just professional interest, to see who the odds makers are favoring."

"Uh huh."

"It's true!"

"Right."

"Anyway, I now the odds heavily favored the Starkillers in this one and really who can blame them?"

"Yeah down year for the Mercs, Starkillers looking like a real contender."

"They are."

"Think maybe they overlooked the Mercs a little bit there?"

"It's possible, but I don't think so. They're still the defending champs..."

"Threepeat champs."

"...and they seem to be getting everyone's best effort this season."

"Still, they let the Mercs hang around until the end."

"Yeah, and just from the body language on the sidelines they seemed surprised, like they didn't know what was going on there or how they weren't blowing the Mercs out."

"Allin was pissed."

"Yeah he was, the holo lingering on him for his reactions was great, especially after Kendal put in the go ahead score."

"Let a lesser team hang around long enough and they'll do that to you."

"Yeah, and the Mercs aren't a bad team..."

"Their record to the contrary."

"...they're just playing out of sync. Look for them to bounce back next season..."

"Hopefully."

"...and winning games like this late in the season can help build back their sense of confidence going into what will be a long off season of soul searching."

TAG: Runjedirun

14. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Marte Nalo Field, Eusebus, Euceron

On holoprojectors throughout the galaxy, beings watched as the Officers and Miners took a short break from the action and gathered at their sidelines for strategy sessions.

“Stepping back from this contest for a moment, it’s the first time for the Miners back on Euceron since 276,” the play-by-play caller said. “However, the Officers have made it clear that they left all the Storm’s records behind them.”

“That’s right. You ask anyone around here and they’ll say it’s the first time the Miners have been here,” the color commentator laughed. Clearly, no one really thought that, but the commentator was underscoring how seriously Euceron was taking their new era of ELL limmie. “Don’t call this the Old Friends Game or Melkin Tunran’s going to give you the evil eye.”

“What’s incredible that the last time the Miners were here, Gaeriel Valerii was still on the sideline for the Miners. This is her 16th season as an ELL coach, taking one year off for when she participated in the Bakuran general strike in 283.” On the vid feed Valerii was in the middle of a knot of 15 players, diagramming on a holographic board what she wanted them to do when play resumed. In fact, she was probably demonstrating two plays--one if the Miners got possession and one if they didn’t. “With five Galactic Cups across her career, which goes back to 246, she’s got the most rings of any Miner in franchise history.”

“Hall of Fame-bound for sure.”

“She’s eligible right now as a former player, and we’ve seen head coaches get inducted during their tenure before, but I think that Valerii’s okay with being out right now. She knows she’ll be in one day and she’d be the first to say that she’s got unfinished business still. I don’t think she wants to go out with back-to-back losses to the Mercs as her last Finals. I think she wants to make it six before she goes.”

“That’d put her in some rarified air, that’s for sure.” The feed cut to Declan Trieste in the visiting owner’s box. “And Declan Trieste, new owner of the Miners, would be more than happy to see Valerii pull that off--in fact he wouldn’t mind if she does it five weeks from now on Mandalore!”

“He publicly committed to the front office and coaching staff at the start of the season--a pretty gutsy thing to do given the Miners just barely finishing ahead of last place last season,” the play-by-play caller said. “However, keeping the entire staff on has paid off. The Miners are challenging the Starkillers for the Solo Conference lead. A win today might all but secure a playoff spot for them.”

Declan leaned to his right without turning his head to listen to a comment from his cousin Antrose Trieste. The owner motioned with one hand down to the field. It appeared he was making a comment on the progress of the game.

“Euceron has playoff hopes too.They’ve kept pace with the Miners all game long. All it’s going to take is one goal at the right time and the Officers are going to be in control of this game…”

“It’s a one point lead here in the second half,” the play-by-play being said as Owen Magnus, the Officers goalkeeper, held onto the ball and shouted to his teammates to set up for the next play. “The Miners are just barely fending off the Officers and a big reason why is Tendra Nalo. Everywhere she goes, she is the heart of the team.”

“She might not be exchanging pleasantries with any of the Miners ownership after the game though,” the color commentator said.

“Right. Nalo, of course, had one of the most shocking falling outs in the history of limmie with her old club, the Hapes Consortium Buccaneers, going so far as to allege that they were trying to kill her for speaking out on gender equality issues with the Bucs,” the play-by-play caller informed the audience.

“‘Allege’? I think we’re a long ways down the road from allegations,” the color commentator scoffed.

“Whatever the truth of the situation, this week saw the passing of the Queen Mother of the Consortium. Since the C-Bucs are an asset of the state, that means if she was still with Hapes she’d have a new boss.”

“And who would that boss be?”

The play came to a halt with an out-of-bounds play, conveniently allowing the vid feed to switch to a still image of Sierra Westenra, her husband Trellam, and their two children, Corinne and Ivgenni, waving from the balcony of the palace to unseen Hapan citizens below.

“Sierra Iseult, cousin of Miners’ owner Declan Trieste,” the color commentator continued.

“And Declan already wished his cousin well on the beginning of her rule in brief comments to the media here on Euceron yesterday. He indicated that he will swing by Hapes before the Miners’ game on Denon to congratulate her in person.”

“Think they’ll talk limmie together?” the color commentator asked as the image dissolved into play resuming with an Officers pass to the middle of the field from the sideline.

“I think they might have more pressing things to discuss.”

“I don’t know. One of the first pronouncements from the new Queen Mother is that she’s relieved the Minister of Sport and Culture from her post. I think she’s very interested in what’s going on with the Bucs. The statement from the palace didn’t even thank the Minister for her service. It said that this was part of ‘a new direction for the Consortium.’”

“That’s a good point. I mean, has the new Queen Mother even announced a regnant name?”

“Not yet. That will come at her coronation, which has been scheduled for this week.”

“Then you might be onto something. I mean, if she’s doing that before she even says what she’s going to call herself as Queen Mother, that’s a pretty significant statement. Wonder who’ll turn out to be the better limmie owner? Declan or Sierra?”

“If I’m a Miners fan, I’d take Sierra,” the color commentator said. “Hapan politics is pretty rough and she’s survived to become Queen Mother. I think she easily could conquer the ELL Board of Governors. As it is, she’ll probably have to settle for the Premier League. I don’t think Fenrir Lokensgaard is going to touch the Bucs with a ten meter pole after what went down last year. On top of that, he won’t like the idea of adding what would almost certainly be an automatic ally of the Miners to the Board. A divided Board is an easy Board for him.”

“Well, the Bucs might not be in the ELL anymore, but Tendra Nalo’s showing why they belong with that beautiful bar point. It’s all tied up now! Don’t change the channel, folks! This one’s going to be a thriller down to the final second!”

TAG: Bardan_Jusik jcgoble3 Runjedirun (I talked about a lot of you this week!)

jcgoble3, Bardan_Jusik and Runjedirun like this.
  15. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

"Hi I'm Ken Kitterich with your five by five sports update brought to you by Merr-Sonn, Fill you enemies with primal fear, fill their lungs with fire, Merr-Sonn."

"Championship weekend has come and gone, and with both games having the potential to affect the tournament brackets they were both fun games to watch."

"Were they ever!"

"Meh..."

"Oh stop it Justin you're just mad because..."

"In the S-16 it was number 4 GVSU beating number five ranked CorTech in a 27 to 23 game that came down to the wire. I'd still look for both teams to make the playoff tourny, with GVSU solidifying a top four slot with their impressive win."

"I said meh!"

"Just like the S16, the Big 20 title game didn't disappoint. Number 24 University of Wroona was looking to make a splash and take down number one University of Zeltros but their hopes were dashed in the finals minutes of a 21 to 17 loss. With a win Wroona was looking to make a case to make the playoff..."

"And cause chaos in the bracket seeding."

"...but their valiant efforts came up just short."

"Should be good news though for the bubble teams like VCU or Coruscant Fleet..."

"I'm Ken Kitterich and this has been your five by five sports update. I'll be back with you next hour at five after the hour but until then more of the Rancor Pitt, right here on the Fandalorian!"

HSN Top 25 after Championship Week

1. University of Zeltros
    2. UB Salis D'aar
    3. Wookiee Forrest Institute
    4. Grand Vulptur System University
    5. Druckenwell Technical University
    6. Coruscant Polytechnic Institute
    7. Keldabe Military Institute (Mandalore)
    8. University of Trandosha
    9. Taanab A&M University
    10. University of Mon Calamari
    11. Orn Free Ta Central Academy, Ryloth
    12. University of Ord Mantell
    13. UB Gesco City
    14. Gargarrump University, Kashyyyk
    15. Vertical City University, Nar Shaddaa
    16. Coruscant Air Fleet Academy
    17. University of Ylesia
    18. Chewbacca College
    19. Palentine University
    20. Garqi State University
    21. University of Garos (Garos IV)
    22. University of Csilla
    23. University of Corellia, Bella Vistal
    24. Mos Eisley University, Tatooine
    25. University of Evenvale

Playoff match ups: Playoffs now consist of a tournament style play bracket. Top 16 teams as rated by HSN make the tournament. Playoffs are are hosted by various Bowl games.

The Sweet Sixteen

Carnation Bowl: #16. Coruscant Air Fleet Academy vs. #1. University of Zeltros

Party Bowl: #15. Vertical City University, Nar Shaddaa vs. #2. UB Salis D'aar

Sweetner Bowl: #14. Gargarrump University, Kashyyyk vs. #3. Wookiee Forrest Institute

Nylonite Bowl: #13. UB Gesco City vs. #4. Grand Vulptur System University

Jogan Bowl: #12. University of Ord Mantell vs. #5. Druckenwell Technical University

Republic Bowl: #11. Orn Free Ta Central Academy, Ryloth vs. #6. Coruscant Polytechnic Institute

Papa Palpatine Bowl: #10. University of Mon Calamari vs. #7. Keldabe Military Institute (Mandalore)

Incom Bowl: #9. Taanab A&M University vs. #8. University of Trandosha

Trieste likes this.
  16. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    Jai's Apartment, Shield Towers, O'Pahz, Carratos

In the days following the attack on Phran Tower things were tense to say the least. The soldiers walked the streets in full force, at all hours. As well the populous, following the orders of the only general they care about, walked the streets. They were unafraid, not cowed by the brazen attack. However they weren't stupid. They were armed, every last one of them. Jai wasn't sure if that was a good thing but, if that's what it took to make people feel safe, feel defiant, then that's what they did. It was somewhat endearing their rampant disregard for the group that has been trying to terrorize them for the past few years.

She looked out on the darkened city from her apartment. Lights still burned, neon signs flashed their advertisements, it was like the city wasn't under siege, that monsters lurked in the darkness.

The door chimed she snapped her head over to the door, her hair turning with her and coming to rest on the front of her shoulder unarmored shoulder. She was dressed in simple white shirt, and equally simple sleep pants. It was late, too late for any sane visitor. As she made her way across the space she picked up the blaster she had set on an end table. Checking the sensor on the other side of the door she could see who it was.

Raka, still dressed in her black jacket the sleeves pushed up revealing more of her tattoos on her magenta skin.

"What are you doing here?" Jai nearly barked. The recent incidents had put her a little on edge, possibly making her a little more hostile than normal.

"Do you have to say that every time?" The gang leader cooed, "I thought we were getting close?"

"We aren’t friends Raka,"

"Right, because you have so many of them."

"My personal life is my own."

"You going to let me in or what?"

Jai rolled her eyes, "Fine, you know the drill."

"Seriously, Jai, I'm getting a little worried. It's almost like you don't trust me."

"Because I don't."

Raka complied removing her jacket fully and holding it over her shoulder. As she turned slowly with the same cheeky confidence she always did, Jai noticed something. She noticed a bulge in her waistband, under her shirt.

"Lift up your shirt."

The other woman feigned shock and embarrassment. "Why Jai, buy me dinner first."

"Not in the mood."

"When are you?"

"Raka." Jai was getting to the end of her rope but, just couldn't say no, couldn't tell the Zeltron to get lost.

"Fine." Raka relented pulling the hem of her shirt up much further than needed, nearly flashing Jai but, still showing off plenty of skin, tattoos and scars. In her quick scan the mandalorian could see that some of the tats were in efforts to hide the scars, was she ashamed of them, or did they clash with her personal image of herself. The main thing however was the black handle for a holdout blaster just peeking over the top of her pants.

"Leave."

"Come on Jai, I don't know if you noticed but, the city is a little dangerous right now. And you expect me to walk around without a weapon."

"When you come here yes. My job is security and having a blaster near my charge is frowned upon."

They stood there glaring at each other through the door. In the back of her mind Jai wondered why she wasn't just casting Raka away or leaving her pouting on the other side of the door. Raka also wasn't leaving, for reasons known only to her. Jai did her best to keep her focus on Raka's rather sullen looking face, and not the colorful detailed body art that covered her exposed midriff.

"Fine," Raka finally spoke breaking off the awkward stand-off with a huff. She removed the blaster, pulling her shirt back down, much to Jai's relief. After quickly removing the power pack and gas cylinder she tossed the now disarmed weapon away from herself putting the active parts into her jacket. "Now can I come in?"

With an introduction like that Jai probably should just keep the door closed and walk away. It was late she was trying to relax and was interrupted and had a not too friendly confrontation with said interruption.

However she opened the door, once again Raka strode in like she belonged, tossing her jacket on the same couch. She flopped down in one of the sofas and put up her feet, owning the space.

"You sure you live here?" she asked voice dripping with sarcasm.

"No I just happen to be here when you are." She shot back taking her place in a chair to the side of the sofa.

"Hm…that explains why nothing seems different."

"Not surprising, it's not even my place. Just someplace where I can be close to the golden boy."

"Ah…I gather you real home has blasters and trophies hanging on every wall."

Jai soured her face, "No, it's just more homey."

"Homey, what is that to a mandalorian?"

"I don't know it just feels more like home. Not that I'm there often."

"Where is home to the weary traveler, or in your case bounty hunter."

"Here, you know that."

"I was trying to be philosophical."

"Leave it to the experts, you'll strain yourself."

"Ha…Ha" A silence fell between the two women but, it wasn't awkward, it was almost comfortable. It was like they didn't have to say anything. They both just sat there looking out into their home city, shining bright, in defiance of the darkness surrounding it.

"So how is the golden boy taking this?" Raka spoke breaking the quiet.

"I don't know, how should one take your city being torn apart and trying to keep it together?"

"That well huh."

"I don't really know what's going on in his head. All I can tell is that he's less jokey more serious, though it could just be coming to the end of the season. Apparently that's crunch time for the team."

"Well, they are in a dead heat for the Commission's Trophy. Entirely possible he's gunning to win it for what the fourth time?"

"You know I don't follow."

"Right because you can remain dispassionate as two teams put everything on the field, struggle for victory, displaying great feats of athleticism and tactical skill."

Jai thought back, was she really, no, she was getting drawn in, getting invested in the team. It was something about being there, at the game, right on the pitch that just made it real to her. More real than just watching it on the holo. In a slow and almost imperceptible way, she was becoming a fan, a Pirates fan.

"How's my sister?" the Zeltron asked still looking out the window.

"She's fine, still working hard to keep herself fit. Spends a lot of time training with Tian."

Jai noticed a heavy eye roll from Raka upon hearing the name.

"You don't approve?"

"Look she can love who she wants, I have no problem with that. I just have a problem with the pantoran. There's a lingering debt that I would like paid."

"What she have a gambling problem and you want to collect on those?"

"It's a long story but, let's just say that she ruined a huge payday for me."

"Really she seems pretty meek."

"Hehe, she has another side, one that doesn't come out often. When it does, you just get out of her way."

"I'll keep that in mind for later."

"You should, it might save your life."

Again the silence over took them as they just looked out into the darkness.

Jai followed close to Logan now clad in her beskar. A crowd of people had gathered to see the team off to their game against the Monarchs. A cordon of soldiers lined the path up to the shuttle keeping the mass of people back. It was mostly cheers of Logan's name as they walked. A man descended from the boarding ramp to the shuttle. One of the flight crew? He had his head down, his helmet covering his eyes. The bodyguard started to move in front of Logan getting a bad feeling from the pilot.

The suspicious man's eyes came up, they were clam almost serine. Jai began to ready her arm canon, its servos beginning to hum. He looked to her then to the man in the hoverchair.

"White Star…" He never got to finish speaking. Jai activated her arm canon charging it for just a moment before letting the energy bolt lose. It struck the would be assassin in the chest blackening his clothes and sending him flying back landing hard on the metal floor.

The soldiers moved forward to confirm that the man was dead. Looking around, more scanning for any accomplices, she noticed an alarming amount of blasters. It wasn't the soldiers wielding them, it was the civilians and each barrel was pointed at the spot the pilot once stood. Even if Jai had missed, a remote possibility, one of the many bolts that were sent in his direction would have got him.

Again she wasn't sure if having nearly forty or so additional blasters backing her up were comforting, or worrying.

TAG: CPL_Macja

Trieste likes this.
  17. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

It is the penultimate week of the 287 regular season. (Yes, I know five credit words. :p) For it, we have bonus potential for Bakura, Carratos, Mando'ade, and Ralltiir.

287 Week 10 Results
    Euceron Officers at Mando'ade Mercs (19-33)
    Coruscant Senators at Rydonni Prime Monarchs (22-22, OT 29-22)
    Ralltiir Starkillers at Nar Shaddaa Smugglers (12-1)
    Bakura Miners at Denon Demons (36-30)
    Carratos Pirates at Stewjon Metropolitans (4-20)
    Dac Mariners at Onderon Beast Riders (29-24)

HSN Headlines
    • HSN projects:
      • Bakura Miners, Carratos Pirates, Nar Shaddaa Smugglers, and Ralltiir Starkillers have secured playoff berths
      • Bakura Miners will secure the Commissioner's Trophy with a win against Rydonni Prime or losses by Carratos and Ralltiir
        • Bakura secures a playoff bye with a win against Rydonni Prime or a loss by Ralltiir
      • Carratos Pirates will secure the Commissioner's Trophy with a win against Euceron and a Bakura loss
        • Carratos secures a playoff bye with a win against Euceron or a loss by Nar Shaddaa
      • Ralltiir Starkillers will secure the Commissioner's Trophy with a win against Onderon and losses by Bakura and Carratos
        • Starkillers hold tiebreaks against both the Miners and Pirates
      • Nar Shaddaa Smugglers will secure a playoff bye with win against Denon and a Carratos loss
      • Onderon Beast Riders will secure a playoff spot with a win against Ralltiir
      • Mando'ade Mercs will secure a playoff spot with a win against Dac and an Onderon loss
      • Euceron will secure a playoff spot with a win against Carratos and losses by Mando'ade and Onderon
      • Dac will secure a playoff spot with a win against Mando'ade and losses by Euceron and Onderon
      • Stewjon will secure a playoff spot with a win against Coruscant or loss by Denon
      • Denon will secure a playoff spot with a win against Nar Shaddaa and a loss by Stewjon
      • Coruscant Senators and Rydonni Prime Monarchs are eliminated from the playoffs

18. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Sub GM Post

Bonus Potential for: Concordia (28), Tatooine (28) and Atzerri (28)

LFL Week 9 Results
    Honoghr Honor @ Thyferra Force (22-14)
    Tatooine Sandskimmers @ Concordia Crusaders (10-25)
    Atzerri Bandits @ Druckenwell Marksmen (8-14)

Tags: Darth_Elu Jedi Gunny Bardan_Jusik galactic-vagabond422 Vehn

19. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012

After landing on Nar Shaddaa I drop my bags in my room and quickly head out to a local market. There was one advantage to living here during those dark seasons when I was away from my children, not on the starting line-up and basically just struggling not to feel sorry for myself, not to fall into a deep depression. I knew where to shop. I knew where to get the perfect 13th Birthday present for Zoey. “Mr. Fortune,” the jeweler said cheerfully as I walked up to her stand. “Something for your wife?” She asks.

When I lived here before I had always been trying to win Justyne back. Buying gifts to make her forget about the mistake I’d made by cheating on her. Obviously the news of our imminent divorce hadn’t reached Nar Shaddaa. The jewelry I’d bought Justyne had gone over well at the time though and Zoey loved the pieces too. She’d once “borrowed” some of the jewelry from her mother without permission and had worn them to school. Zoey had been grounded for two weeks.

“Actually I’m looking for a present for my daughter,” I say. “She’s 13.” I can’t believe it. When I get home Zoey will be 13.

The jeweler takes a minute to look through the case at the pieces. All hand crafted by locals. She keys in a code to unlock the case and reaches in. She pulls out some earings and a matching bracelet. “Your daughter will like these,” she tells me.

I haven’t the faintest what Zoey would like. The bracelet and earings are beaded and colorful. Definitely nothing like the jewelry found on Ralltiir. “I’ll take them,” I say. She packages them and scans my data pad so the credits are transferred to her name. After thanking her I head back to my room so I can shower before dinner. Even a trip to the market on this planet makes me feel dirty.

24 hours later I’m sitting on the sideline with a bloody knee and a goofy grin. It’s not quite over, but the final seconds are ticking down. A trainer is cleaning up my cut which stings, but I know later the bruises all over my body will hurt worse. You never escape a game against Nar Shaddaa without at least a few bumps and bruises. Every one of them had been worth it today. We were headed home with a win.

On the flight home I take plenty of pain killers and get lots of sleep. I’m groggy when we land and it takes a few moments for me to get to my feet. Justyne is talking to the kids when I finally limp my way down the ramp. I perch myself up against my speeder and wait patiently. I watch Zoey cross her arms and even though I can’t hear her I know I wouldn’t approve of what she’s saying to her mother. She storms away and heads my way. Marty looks confused as he waves to his mother and follows his sister.

“Happy Birthday,” I say to Zoey as I stand on my own and reach into my bag for her gift.

She looks a little surprised as she reaches for it and opens the small box. “These are really nice,” she says. “Thanks!”

I notice Zoey has a new data pad when we get in the speeder. “Who gave you that?” I ask.

“My father,” she says.

“Uncle Ryan?” I ask.

“Yea,” Marty speaks up. “We watched the game at his house yesterday. Spent the whole day there. He let us swim in the pool and cooked a really great meal that was all appetizers. Uncle Ryan and Richard have the biggest house!” Marty continued.

I was looking at the data pad. Brand new model, I thought when I found out that Ryan was Zoey’s father that I was fortunate not to have new competition. Turned out to be just another time I underestimated the competition.

“It’s okay Fortune, I really like the bracelet and earings,” Zoey said as if she’d been reading my mind.

The ride home is uneventful. It’s late at night, but I am not tired since I had slept so much on the shuttle. Once the kids are in bed I sort through my messages. There’s so many, but one stands out, it’s from Sancheese. He wants me to come visit. He’s still at the rehab center. Once I get the kids dropped off at school the next morning I head out to the center. Sancheese is following “the program”, he’s invited me out here so he can apologize for the problems he caused by using drugs.

I hate these meetings. I don’t want an apology. I want to know when Sancheese is finally going to be ready to play Limmie again. There’s no answer to my question, I’m walking out deep in thought about whether or not he’d be an asset during the play-offs when I bump into the last person on the galaxy I was ever expecting to run into. By the look on her face she wasn’t expecting to see me either.

“Andres,” she gasps.

“Alyada?”

“Don’t worry, I’m not on drugs. At least not any more. I’m clean now, I just come here to volunteer my time.”

“It’s good to see you,” I assure her. She’s just as beautiful as I remember. She still has an athletic body. Her small size is deceiving. I don’t know what to say. I want to ask her if she still has feelings for me. “I just came to check on Sancheese,” I tell her.

“He’s doing well,” Alyada assures me. “Addictions take a long time to get over. He’ll be good to go next season, so you can retire as planned.”

I shudder at the thought. I don’t want to retire. What’s my life gonna be like without Limmie? I don’t want to let Alyada know I’m scared. “Good,” I say simply. I just keep walking. I don’t even say goodbye. What’s wrong with me? Why didn’t I at least get her number? I’m getting divorced. I’m a free man.

The week goes by too fast. I have a final night alone with the children before I have to head off to Onderon for our final game of the season. Zoey is acting really peculiar even for her. She comes in from raquet ball and eats nearly an entire bag of nacho chips. I’ve made sure to stock up on the ones without Kamino sea salt cause I know she’s allergic, but I’ve never seen her eat so many in one sitting. “Slow down or you won’t be hungry for dinner,” I joke.

“Get off my case!” She yells tearing up as she slams the remainder of the bag on the kitchen table then goes running for her room.

“What’s eating her?” I ask Marty.

Marty shrugs his shoulders. “What is for dinner?” He asks.

“Sandwiches,” I answer. “Want to help me prepare them?”

“No,” Marty quickly moves his fingers over his data pad intent to beat another level of another game.

I reach over and shut off the game. “I’m not asking.”

“Dad, I hate you! You could at least let me finish the level.”

“No, I couldn’t. It takes you about 30 minutes on average to put that thing down when I ask you to. I’m not putting up with it anymore,” I tell him. “Now chose some meats and cheese from the ice box.” I’m already separating lettuce leaves and cutting up some veggies. Marty groans, but he opens the ice box and picks out the items he prefers. Once I finish cutting the veggies I go knock on Zoey’s door.

“I’m not hungry,” she calls.

“I want you to come out and eat anyway,” I say gently.

“You think I’m fat,” comes the reply.

“What makes you think that?” I ask through the door.

“You said I ate too many chips,” she calls back.

“You’re a beautiful girl. You play sports and that gives you an appetite. I just wanted you to have some room left for dinner. I never said you were fat.”

“But you were thinking it.”

“No I wasn’t,” I said getting irritated now. I took a long deep breath to calm my mind. “Zoey please come and join your brother and I for dinner.”

“I don’t smell anything cooking,” she quips back.

“I thought we’d make sandwiches,” I start.

The door flies open and I nearly fall into Zoey’s room. “Of course we are having sandwiches,” she says angrily. “You can’t cook.”

I’m just happy she’s come out. At least I’m happy for a minute. Soon I regret that she’s come to the table. She puts a lone leaf of lettuce on a slice of bread and takes a small bite. “Marty, chew with your mouth closed.” She orders her brother.

Marty deliberately stuffs his mouth fuller and chews in a way so that food falls out and onto his plate and in some cases the table.

“Oh, gross!” Zoey exclaims. Marty starts to laugh and more food falls around him, this time some half chewed food even hits the floor.

“Martin!” I scold.

I give him credit for trying to close his mouth and swallow as much as possible. Zoey puts down her slice of bread with the lone leaf of lettuce. “I’m not hungry. You want to hear about my day at school?” She doesn’t pause for me to answer. “There’s this boy that’s totally annoying in my science class. He sat behind me today. He took off his shoe and reached out his gross bare foot and touches my bare leg with his toes!”

“Was he flirting?” I ask.

“If he was he was going about it all wrong. That’s disgusting. I don’t want some guy rubbing his toes on my leg. Tomorrow I am sitting in the back so no one can try that again. Can I go back to my room now? I have some studying to do.”

I let Zoey go. I wonder if the story is true or if she’s made it up to distract me from something else. I power up a droid to clean up the dinner mess and open my play book. With my butt on the sofa and my feet up on the caf table I’m concentrating on my screen when there’s a knock on the front door. I jump as I am not expecting anyone. I look outside and see my mother’s speeder in the drive way.

“Mom,” I say as I open the door. “What brings you here?”

Zoey comes running in the room and takes a shopping bag from my mom’s outstretched arm. “Thanks grandma,” she calls as she runs back towards her room.

I stand there with my mouth hanging open. “What just happened?” I finally asked.

“Nothing dear,” my mom answers. “Zoey just called and asked me to pick her up some supplies.”

I start to ask what supplies and then I get it. “Oh, why can’t Zoey just ask me to take her to the store?” I ask.

“She’s embarrassed, it’s a tough age for girls. I’m happy to help.”

I kiss my mom on the cheek. “Thanks. I know she appreciates it.”

I watch my mom pull out of the driveway and head home. I want to go tell Zoey she can talk to me about anything. Remind her I was married and that I’ve dated a lot of women. I’m not embarrassed to buy female products. I decide maybe we can have the talk another time. I sink back into the sofa and re-open my play book.

The next morning a crash wakes me up. It’s comes from the kitchen. I expect it to be Zoey, starving cause she skipped out on dinner. Instead I find Marty on the floor surrounded by my painkillers. “What happened?” I ask.

“I fell,” he says.

“Why are my painkillers all over the floor? You weren’t climbing on the counter trying to get my pills, were you?”

“Painkillers? You take these every day. I thought they were vitamins. Why do you take painkillers every day?” He asks.

“Wait a minute, you thought these were vitamins. Marty have you been taking these pills?” I ask.

“Well just a couple a day. You take them every day and I just want to get strong like you. I thought the pills would help. Are you in pain? Are you gonna die?”

I’m on the floor putting the loose pills back in the bottle. I stop, put the pill bottle down and look at my son. “I’m not gonna die,” I assure him. “Playing Limmie puts a lot of stress on my body. I take a lot of hits. These pills just help me manage the pain. Marty, I don’t think these pills are good for you. I’m gonna set up an appointment with your doctor just to make sure you won’t have some kinda reaction. Is it okay if Grandma takes you to the doctor later today?”

“Maybe you should see your doctor. If you are in so much pain.”

“I have doctors, trainers at the stadium who monitor my health. They prescribe these pills.” I pause just a second.

“If playing Limmie hurts so much why do you do it?” Marty asks.

“I love playing Limmie,” I answer. It’s the truth. The pain is manageable and I’m so close to the play offs. “When grandma takes you to your doctor later ask him. He’ll tell you the pills are safe for me to take. They are probably not a danger to you either. I just want to be safe, cause you’re my son and I care more about you than anyone in the Galaxy.”

I stop just in time to hear Zoey’s feet scatter off. I fear she’s heard me and now she’s decided I love Marty more than her. I’m Marty’s real father. Quickly I get up and run after her. Her door is locked. I knock and tell her it’s time for school.

We throw some breakfast together and I give the kids long hugs in the parking lot. As I hug Zoey I whisper in her ear, “I love you just the same as I love Martin.”

I feel her squeeze back. “I know,” she says.

I have several hours before we leave for Onderon. I find myself headed towards the rehab center. I park my speeder in the parking lot and wait. Finally Hovechar pulls in and gets out of her speeder. I get out of my own speeder, “Alyada!”

“Andres,” she says just as shocked as she had been a few days before.

“Um, look there’s something I wanted to ask you the other day. When I get back from Onderon, do you want to go have caf?”

“Sure, I’d like that.”

Tags: Vehn Darth_Elu

20. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    HSN

The vid feed showed Declan in one of the Gardens’ skyboxes, calmly taking in his team’s final road game of the season and the last in a stretch of five straight.

“The Miners are in first place this time this season after the Starkillers just barely lost to the League-leading Pirates and new team owner Declan Trieste was positively beaming when he arrived on Denon yesterday,” the play-by-play announcer said.

“His long road trip got a little longer with a detour this week to Hapes to attend his cousin Sierra Chume’s coronation, but Denon is the last stop,” the color-commentator said.

“He and the Miners have logged a lot of miles.”

A map appeared on the screen. A yellow line started extending from Bakura towards the Core. “Week 5 they host the Beast Riders and then head out to see the Starkillers.” The line finished at Ralltiir, and then a new one continued the progress to the opposite side of the galaxy from Bakura. “Then they keep going all the way across the galaxy to Dac.” The line terminated at the watery world before another popped up. “Then they head out to Stewjon.” From there, a fourth line headed to the Mid Rim. “Then onto Euceron.” Now two lines, one solid and headed for Denon, and another dotted and headed in nearly the opposite direction for Hapes, appeared. “Declan and his family take a detour to Hapes while the team goes straight to Denon.” A second dotted line made its way from Hapes to Denon. A final line went from Denon to Bakura, completing the circuit, showing the upcoming return home. “They’re basically making an entire circuit of the galaxy. The only thing worse would be if the Miners were alternating back and forth from Bakura and the road. Even though they haven’t seen their home stadium in over a month, at least they haven’t been zigzagging too badly.”

“Could you imagine a scenario where they play on Bakura, go to Dac, play on Bakura, go to Mandalore, play on Bakura, go to Euceron, play on Bakura, go to Nar Shaddaa, go to Bakura, and on and on and on?” the play-by-play announcer asked.

“That must be why Declan’s so relaxed. He knows how bad it could be.” Indeed, the owner was almost lounging in his chair. He was speaking to his left at a waifish blonde with too much purple in her outfit for it to be a coincidence. “He’s joined today by his cousin Jane Serena Trieste.”

“She’s a Miners fan, sure, but you’ve got to wonder how much of one she is when they show down against the Demons. Her mother, Mandy Syfred, is Denon-born and raised. Whenever asked about how she feels about the Miners, she just smiles and says, ‘I enjoy rooting for them 10 weeks out of the year.’”

The camera cut to the blonde former pop star in the second row of the box with her husband, Ronan, a prominent banker in the city of Nouvelle Orleans where the couple had made their home ever since the end of the Bakuran Civil War.

“Yeah, that’s Mandy for you,” the color commentator chuckled, “But about Jane Serena--you catch her new single she released right before Opening Day?”

The feed returned to Jane Serena, who was making a reply to Declan of some sort.

“Oh yeah. Think that was a subtle dig at her ex, ELL Commissioner Fenrir Lokengsaard?”

“Be hard to see it as anything else, especially given the timing. And you can be sure that they are never, ever getting back together.”

“Even though the Noble House is pretty wealthy thanks to their business holdings--the Miners being one of their largest and most prominent--what most beings don’t realize is that individually very few of them are that wealthy,” the play-by-play announcer said. “In fact, it’s widely estimated that, far and away, the Trieste with the highest individual net worth isn’t Declan--it’s Jane Serena.”

The woman in question nodded in response to a comment from Declan.

“Yeah, all those song and album sales add up. Her father manages the Noble House holdings, has for over 35 years since Kerry Trieste was Taoiseach, so I bet he passed on a lot of sound money management strategies to her.”

“I bet she would have been a more than competent owner of the Miners.”

“For sure. And think of the halftime shows she’d put on!” the color commentator exclaimed.

“And Jolla Pic puts another one in!” the play-by-play announcer exclaimed. “What a story she’s been. People look at the Miners and ask, ‘What are they doing giving a 34 year old Pic a three year contract at the value they did?’ Pic was not shy about pushing that number.”

“She’s just about making Glencross money,” the color commentator said.

“But the word is that Declan Trieste told Cundertol to go for it.” The owner was standing and applauding the goal. He turned to high five his cousin Jane Serena, who didn’t seem to be taking the Demons’ inability to stop the Miner offense too badly. “In fact, what’s most impressive is that Declan didn’t come in and totally overhaul the roster. Let’s look at the difference between last season and this while the Demons get set to start play again.

They cut away from the owner’s box view to a general view of the stadium. The graphic was titled What a Difference A Year Makes. The first set of stats popped up on the left side of the screen:

Morgan Alesh
    Falene Trieste
    Lizbit Comstock
    Wins: 4
    Points Scored: 211
    Points Allowed: 181
    Point Differential: +30

“The Miners turn over only three of their starters--but they’re huge,” the play-by-play caller said. “The team owner, their oldest veteran, and their most decorated goalkeeper of the last thirty plus years. Here’s what happens this season--and we’ve still got a game left.

Quint
    Ponie Ternardiel
    Marnie Blake
    Wins: 7
    Points Scored: 274
    Points Allowed: 155
    Point Differential: +119

“And that’s not counting today’s game--the Miners are already over 300 on the season--an amazing turnaround.”

“They’ve given up a passel too--they might just break last season’s mark for points allowed with a full game left, but at this rate they’re going to chalk those wins up to 8 and push that point differential higher. But here’s the thing,” the color commentator continued. “The Miners weren’t that bad last year.”

The 286 stats were circled thanks to the magic of special effects.

“Look at that, +30. They were just an unlucky team, losing lots of close games. A lot of new owners want to put their mark on a team, but I give Declan Trieste credit for staying the course. This is where consistent ownership really helps a team. He deserves credit for doing nothing and letting Cundertol and Valerii work a good roster that just had an off year.”

“But don’t count that eighth win yet--the Demons are coming back up the field…”

“And by two scores, it’s the Miners on top 36-30. They’ve got a ticket punched for the Galactic Cup Playoffs with a home game guaranteed,” the play-by-play announcer wrapped up as the players on the field clasped hands to congratulate each other in knots throughout the field.

They cut to the owner’s box of the Miners, where Declan was applauding once more.

“And Declan Trieste is sure happy. His team aced their major road trip with four out of five wins to get to this point,” the color commentator said. “They’re just one win away from a Commissioner’s Trophy. It’ll probably be in the building for Truce Day.”

“And the Monarchs at their first-ever Truce Day? It’s going to be a heck of a game! You know Jane Serena’s going to be there.”

This comment was likely instigated by the sight of Jane Serena indulging in some celebratory dancing. It looked like she should probably consult her choreographers before freestyling. Then again, when your team hit eight wins in a season, who cared what you looked like?

TAG: @CPL_Macja

Runjedirun and jcgoble3 like this.
  21. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    Jai's Apartment, Shield Towers, O'Pahz, Carratos

Jai opens the door to her apartment after a full week away. The management made the decision to go straight to Stewjon rather than returning home after the Monarchs game. After the crew of the shuttle they took was thoroughly vetted, and they made sure to have at least one Defense Force Pilot on standby, just in case, the Pirates felt safe in traveling again. What was worrying was that while the attacker was acting on behalf of the 'White Star', his aborted declaration made that clear. Soon after the news the 'White Star' themselves released a statement taking credit for the attack. However, a deep exploration of the assassin's social media, movements and other things. The investigators could find no definitive proof of his involvement with them other than a few posts on his personal holo-net site.

He took it upon himself to act, and did so without any direction from a superior. How do you fight an enemy with no command structure, no standing army, and no defined organization? The bounty hunter in her told her that you don't fight them, you hunt them. You find those that you suspect are involved, investigate, and then eliminate. Though could it be that simple, could all that needs to happen is that the defense forces needed a better intelligence network? Even if you silence the mouth pieces, the message is still out there, and as she has seen there are those that will take up the cause, with or without approval or assistance from the larger whole.

She pulled off her helmet letting out a long breath, these questions were not for her to answer, he job was just to keep the big man safe. Right now she was doing a good job of it. She looked to her comlink, green light solid, another message waiting for her.

She marched over expecting to hear her father's voice again. Before she could pick it up it began to ring. She pulled her hand away a little surprised.

"Hello," she answered the curiosity and shock causing her voice to rise a little.

"Jai?" the voice on the other side replied. Her eyes widened, the tone was soft, carrying a warmth she'd been sorely missing.

"Dad?"

"I…Um…"Her father stammered, unsure of how to proceed. "Uh…Hi…how are you?"

"I'm…I'm fine…How are you?"

"Doing ok…Are you sure everything's fine, I heard there was an attack at the spaceport." Jai could recognize the worry in his voice.

"I'm really fine dad. It was just one guy, no one else was with him."

"He had no support yet he thought it would be a good idea to draw a gun in front of a squad of soldiers and an armored mandalorian?"

"Some people are just like that dad, fanatics. I can't change that."

"I still don't understand people sometimes."

"I don't either."

"But, you're safe, if you need…"

"Dad, truly, I'm ok, mom trained me well. I can handle myself."

"I know…I know…It just, I remember the Occupation. The fear I lived under…"

"I know dad…I know…I'm fine, I can handle it."

A long breath left him, one of longing. "You're right, you're like you mother…made of beskar. Nothing shakes you."

"Dad," she started her voice a little lower matching her father's somber tone. "I got a lot from you too, my sharp eyes, my quick reactions, my love of music."

"Thanks for saying so, but, you take more after your mother, I could see it in your eyes."

"Dad," she felt, a pang of sadness, of loneliness, "you were there for me. When mom was away on her hunts you were there taking care of me. I may take after buir but, that doesn't mean you are nothing to me. You taught me how to fly, you brought the stars, the heavens down to me. You showed me how to reach the sky, to this day I still remember your words. Flying…"

"…Is the closest one can come to true freedom." He finished.

"Yep."

"When you're flying for yourself, the only limits are your ship…" He paused to swallow the knot growing in his throat.

"And you." She smiled, feeling almost like a little girl again, on her father's lap as he put in the coordinates for the next planet they were going to visit. Those were simpler times, before she grew up, before she chased her mother's shadow. It was a time she only had her father to learn from and he taught her everything he knew.

They grew silent, for a long moment, a second that seemed to stretch for an eternity.

"So are you going to be hanging around for a while?" Jai asked still smiling.

"I should Jai, I just finished up with my last haul, and I should be here for a few weeks, taking local jobs, just day trips."

"Do you think we can finally meet up like we've been planning to all year?"

"Yeah, let's set a firm date."

"How about the night of the last game of the season."

"You mean the one against the Officers? You're sure, it might be a long night."

"I'm sure Logan and Mikia are going to want an early night to get rested for the next weeks practice."

"Meet at your place?"

"Yeah, I have half a bottle of One Eye we could polish off."

He chuckled a little on the other end, "Logan's Rum, yeah I'll be there. I've never had the good stuff before."

"I'm not much of a drinker but, it is smooth, and warms your bones."

"Well, I'll test for myself, rum always tastes better when it is someone else's."

"You old Pirate."

"Guilty as charged." Again they paused, both smiling, Jai could hear it.

"I love you dad."

"Love you too Jai."

She hung up with a tear threatening to fall, it felt like she'd been waiting months to talk to him, to finally set a date for them to meet face to face. Manda how long had it been?

Too long.

TAG: No one

22. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

"LIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE! From downtown Keldabe, on a sunny and warm Victory afternooooon. Welcome on into the Rancor Pitt, here on your wave home of the defending Galactic Cup Champion Mando'ade Mercs. I'm Randy the Rancor, he's Justin Pitt. Liz Baker on the boards, with Kitterich on the other side of the glass and oh baby do we have a lot to talk about today."

"Mercs win, and actually looked good doing it!"

"First time all year where they've scored 30 plus points, and yeah they sure did look like a good team yesterday."

"Saw Irvin take over the midfield spot there for the first time in the post Mor'Kesh era, and he actually ended up with more points than any of the forwards...even Arock."

"Yeah, looked like he decided that setting up the offense wasn't working for him, so he decided to take it over instead."

"Couldn't have done it without the strong play of Arock up frnt though, he still scored seven points..."

"Three shy of Irvin's 10 points scored."

"...and he really soaked up the defense whenever he penetrated the zone, giving Irvin a ton of free looks as almost an extra forward there."

"It was a new style of play for the Mercs, one that really left the defense open, but the Officers couldn't seem to respond."

"Think it just surprised them, look for Dac to be ready for the move next week."

"Hope not, or hope that Kor'le has another wrinkle to throw at them because believe it or not, the Mercs still have a shot at the post season with just one game left to go."

"Never thought to hear that with the way the season started."

"Going to be tough, and they'll need help from the Starkillers to do it, but with a loss by the Beast Riders and a win by the Mercs over Dac..."

"A team that has never beaten the Mercs."

"You know they'll be going all out next week then."

"...the Mercs would squeak by and take that last playoff spot and have a chance to defend their Galactic Cup crown in the post season."

"Amazing, simply amazing."

"Chance at the playoffs with the regular season coming to a close? Not much more you can ask of a season than that."

Roughly four hours later.

"OK, that's enough for us today. We'll be talking more tomorrow about the chances of the Mercs making the playoffs..."

"We should give a shout out to the Bakura Miners too, they broke a Mercs record yesterday."

"Really?"

"Yup, 310 points scored in a season is a new record, breaking the previous record of 309 set by the Mercs in 283."

"Wow, and that's with a game yet to go."

"Scary, scary offense over there."

"Looks even worse when you see the Mercs last in offensive production for the season."

"Hopefully we can change that going up against the leagues worst defense in Dac next week."

"Truth, and though it pains me to say it congrats to the Miners on the new ELL record."

"Hey K-Man..."

"Yeah?"

"How did the Mercs do in that year?"

"283?"

"Yeah."

"Lost in the Conference Finals game to the Pirates..."

"I hate those guys."

"...who went on to win the title for themselves that year."

"Hey that was the Mercs last playoff loss!"

"Yeah it was!"

"Been holding the Galactic Cup ever since."

"Well let's hope the Miners this year end up facing the same fate as that Mercs team then."

"Shab straight!"

"OK, producers are telling us to get off the wave, Brenin is getting antsy in studio B."

"Tell Brenin he can wait!"

"Yeah, not going to do that even if our ratings are double his."

"Take that Brenin!"

"So, that's enough for us folks, makes sure to tune back into the Rancor Pitt tomorrow, right here on the Fandalorian!"

"Ret'urcye mhi!"

TAG: jcgoble3, Trieste.

Trieste, Runjedirun and jcgoble3 like this.
  23. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post
    HSN Headlines

• In advance of Truce Day game, HSN analysts warn of impending "rosterpocalypse" for the Miners
    • Miners face six positions coming up for contract negotiations in 288
    • Entire corner forward line (Cordell Beckman Jr., Gared Joff, Jo Pawvelski) has expiring contracts
      • Line called "a big part" of the record-breaking offense of Miners in 287
    • Burrnsbacca, who has thrived, when paired with Jolla Pic at midfield also up for a new contract
    • Journeyman half back Darryl Dixun and half back Sid Qwan also up
    • HSN analyst: "The Miners are notorious for having an internal cap. There's no way they can sew up even Beckman, Joff, Pawvelski, and Burrnsbacca under their cap--let alone fit Dixun and Qwan in. Enjoy the Miners while you can--this team could look radically different next season"
    TAG: None, for the moment

24. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

"Limmie Lunacy is upon us so let's dive right into the scores!"

"Number one overall seed University of Zeltros handled last seeded Coruscant Air Fleet Academy 26 to 18 in the Carnation Bowl."

"That was a better game than I thought it would be."

"Zeltros pulled away late when their depth really started to show."

"In the Party Bowl, number two seed UB Salis D'aar took out the defending champs, number 15 seed VCU, 20 to 16. The Golden Bears moving on as expected."

"It took double overtime for number three seeded Wookiee Forrest Institute to finally take care of business against the scrappy 14 seed Gargarrump University..."

"That was a great game too!"

"Those teams just know each other so well."

"...32 to 28. The Sweetner Bowl was tied at 21 all at the end of regulation, and again at 26 after the first OT."

"That's been the best game of the tourney's first round."

"Over in the Nylonite Bowl, the fourth seeded GVSU Pilots survived a scare and a 10 point halftime deficit before coming back and taking down 13 seed UB Gesco City 16 to 14."

"Tale of two halves there, and GVSU just outplayed them."

"Ugh."

"Hey S-16, gotta represent."

"Not when it's them."

"Jogan Bowl hosted another close game which saw the five seed Druckenwell Tech win 21 to 18 over twelve seed University of Ord Mantell."

"CorTech lost in an upset in the Republic Bowl to Orn Free Ta Central Academy as the 11 seed downed the six seed 27 to 16."

"The Warriors of KMI just avoided the same fate with a last second netter that put the number seven seed over the tenth seeded University of Mon Calamari. Papa Palpatine Bowl ends with the Warriors on top 18 to 16."

"And in the Incom Bowl, eight seed University of Trandosha falls to the ninth seeded Taanab A&M University 19 to 13."

Elite Eight Tournament Games

Bank of the Core Bowl: #1 University of Zeltros vs. #9 Taanab A&M University
    SoroSuub Bowl: #2 UB Salis D'aar vs. #7 Keldabe Military Institute (Mandalore)
    Mining Guild Bowl: #3 Wookiee Forrest Institute vs. #11 Orn Free Ta Central Academy, Ryloth
    Sienar Bowl: #4 Grand Vulptur System University vs. #5 Druckenwell Technical University

Runjedirun, Trieste and jcgoble3 like this.
  25. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post
    Empress Teta

Limmie fans from throughout the galaxy had been standing outside for about an hour now, waiting for the moment when the oracles and sages of the Limmie Hall of Fame would make their induction announcement for this year. With every minute, the anticipation grew. It almost seemed ready to burst when the Gran spokesman came through the doors and stepped up to the podium.

“This year, the Limmie Hall of Fame is making an induction that is rare for us. We are inducting not an individual, but two entire teams. We honor an event of significance and importance in the history of the sport that involved many. Indeed, this is what makes this worthy of inclusion in the halls behind me.

“The Limmie Hall of Fame inducts a moment where two teams each faced great adversity, yet achieved more than they were ever expected to do. Both teams were written off at the start of the season as also-rans, at best, and last place finishers at worst. One team had lost its entire roster for reasons outside its control. The other had lost its homeworld and was forced to play the entire season on the road.

“That each of these teams made the playoffs under the circumstances was amazing. That each won their conference was incredible. That they played each other so close in the Galactic Cup Final, separated in the end by just a goal...it raises the hairs on the back of my neck.

“The Limmie Hall of Fame welcomes the members of the 283 Galactic Cup Final: the Bakura Miners and the 283 champion Carratos Pirates.”

The crowd went wild.

TAG: galactic-vagabond422 for the Pirates and Runjedirun for Dash Stonlon's part as Miners head coach in 283

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.