main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Books Star Wars: Inferno Squad

Discussion in 'Literature' started by bsmith7174, Feb 17, 2017.

1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Nepotism ftw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

podjazd, Axrendale, Revanfan1 and 3 others like this.
  2. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    When Admiral Versio says Iden holds the highest record for confirmed kills in battle, is that supposed to be for the entire imperial army or just as a tie pilot. If it's the former it's strange wonder why Iden hasn't been forwarded for special forces training earlier?

Plus that ending made me think "So what are we, some kind of Inferno Squad?" :p

3. robotical712

robotical712 Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 13, 2017

Just the battle of Yavin and Death Star.

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  4. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    [​IMG]

Vialco likes this.
  5. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004

I feel the same about the first bit, and I haven't liked anything I've read from Golden. I hope this excerpt is only the tip of the iceberg with regards to the potential this book can have.
    She introduced the four characters very well.

About the second sentence....I've paid almost no attention to this book at all. This is the first thing I've actually clicked on and felt remotely interested in.
    So forgive me this question: I liked the first Battlefront novel but remember nothing from it other than the fact Nien Nunb was in it. Any idea as to how this second installment ties into the first?

Also:
    Does Seyn kind of remind anyone else of a prideful Winter?

6. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Mind you, I refuse to believe anyone holds a higher TIE fighter kill count than Darth Vader.

SilentGuy66 and DarkEagle like this.
  7. JediBatman

JediBatman Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2015
    All these jokes about nepotism, and not a single "Join me and together we can rule the galaxy as father and son!" reference? You disappoint me. Yes you, especially you!

Darth Nave, Stymi and DARTH_MU like this.
  8. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Doesn't count, Ysanne got her job by stabbing her father in the back and taking his job. I never liked Iceheart for that. You don't turn on your family.

DARTH_MU likes this.
  9. tatooinesandworm

tatooinesandworm Jedi Master star 3

Jul 30, 2015
    The only thing this book has in common with the other Battlefront book, is that they are both Tie-Ins to EA Star Wars games. Neither game or book will have anything to do with the first Battlefront.

Sent from my Ornithopter using The Force

SWpants likes this.
  10. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    Thanks!

tatooinesandworm likes this.
  11. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    Quite a decent excerpt, the Inferno crew seem interesting. And I'm looking forward to learning more about Saw's Partisans. It'll be interesting to see if this will be the end of them completely or if the partisans manage to survive and at a later date play a role, big or small, in the downfall of the empire.

12. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    Since one of the new press releases has a summary informing us that Inferno Squad will "infiltrate" and then eliminate the Partisans, I'm really curious if any of them will survive at all, and whether or not the Empire may use Inferno Squad's infiltration for some false-flag operations.

Having the Sqaudron infiltrate the Partisans, if it means someone will genuinely go undercover in some fashion among them, also raises other interesting ideas. For instance, if Iden or another vital member of BFII's ensemble is the infiltrator, it will almost certainly play into how they view the New Republic. The Imperial die-hard would see the Partisans flaws first hand and likely assign those to all Rebels, even as Mon Mothma sets up the Senate on Chandrilla while noticeably *not* bombarding helpless planets. And if someone in the crew is going to be the defector, they might get their start by seeing why the Partisans feel justified and explicitly learning that the Rebel Alliance does follow more rules than either the Partisans or the Empire.

I really do like the idea of Inferno Squad allowing or even assisting Partisan strike on Imperial soft targets, just because that would be the most ironic twist about the Squad's loyalty.

13. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    no

The Empire needs at least one unit that doesn't defect

DurararaFTW likes this.
  14. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    How about one member who just has a crisis of conscience, tries to go AWOL or refuses to kick the dog during Operation Cinder, not even remotely wanting to join the Rebellion but convinced that they shouldn't follow these specific orders, and gets killed by Iden just to demonstrate that greater fanaticism has twisted loyalty to the Empire from a tolerably misapplied virtue to a vice that must inherently be rejected, trod upon, laughed at, mocked, and totally rejected as a acceptable decision?

Hehehehe...

JediBatman and Vialco like this.
  15. ManWithoutAStar

ManWithoutAStar Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 19, 2017
  16. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    EDIT: I'm a dum dum who hasn't been keeping up with BFII. :oops:Sorry y'all. I thought the appearance of the Sentinel droid in the video above was a new reveal but apparently we've known for months. Nothing to see here now, move along, move along...

Sinrebirth likes this.
  17. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015

If that's true, than she shot down more Rebel fighters than Lord Vader.

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  18. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    I'm imagining her horrified realization, being summoned to Lord Vader's chamber, and then him saying, "Good work, Snips."

Vialco likes this.
  19. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Fix: Lord Vader is not part of the Imperial military, being far above it with his own, inviolate kill count far in excess of any mortal.

tatooinesandworm and Vialco like this.
  20. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015
    I hope this book is good. I'm tired of being disappointed

21. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    So, the Empire (aka Amazon) just started flogging this for £12.99.

Buggrit, I can afford that gamble.

tatooinesandworm and Vialco like this.
  22. tatooinesandworm

tatooinesandworm Jedi Master star 3

Jul 30, 2015
    This for an E-book?

Hardcover is still at 21.74 as a low on U.S. Amazon.

Sent from my Ornithopter using The Force

23. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    I don't do E-books. The UK RRP for the hardback is £19.99, so £12.99 is a very good offer.

24. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    I'm going for the audiobook. I like that Janina Gavankar is reading the book.

Vthuil, starfish and ManWithoutAStar like this.
  25. Darth Nave

Darth Nave Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2015
    I always prefer a physical copy, but I'll be on vacation in a remote area the week it comes out, so I'll either have to wait or bite the bullet and get a digital copy.

BTW, anyone else hoping to see Two-Tubes and Moroff kick some major *** in this?

my kind of scum likes this.