main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The US Politics discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ghost, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vaderize03

Vaderize03 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 1999
    The question is, which view will win?

2. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    The secular view because trends show we're becoming less religious - especially within the West.

3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Who would Jesus poison with polonium?

...There is something about respect for Putin that is impossible for me to get my brain around. Even "the enemy of my enemy is my friend," which is a really ****ed up philosophy anyway, can't justify Putin support.

4. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012

Well, in the Gnostic Bible, Jesus was a little **** as a kid. Would use his powers on people for fun - he was a mini Sidious.

5. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

Nah, we're in it for the hoochies and his calling Ted Cruz, "Lyin' Ted". It worked for the orange baboon.

6. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    CNN reports there was more people there than Trump Jr reported.

Could one of them have a name that rhymes with Fronald Wrump?

7. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    It's beginning to look like there were more people in that meeting than at Trump's inauguration.

8. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    Exactly. Conservative Christians are no friends of Democracy. Putin is seen by them as a champion of White Christianity, which is the only kind of Christianity to them.

9. Vaderize03

Vaderize03 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 1999
    Except Jesus wasn't white. And he was Jewish to boot.

10. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012

And possibly not real, either.

Darth Guy and appleseed like this.
  11. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    Most likely very real.

12. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    "Abraham Lincoln was a Republican. Not a lot of people know that."
    "Nobody knew health care could be so complicated."
    "France was America's first ally. Not a lot of people know that."

Did I miss one?

Juliet316 likes this.
  13. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    people don't know this about iraq, they have one of the largest oil reserves in the world

people forget, we are a divided nation

what many people don't know is that south korea is a major trading partner with the united states

italy is one of america's largest trading partners, a lot of people don't know that

if by "people," he actually means "the suckers who voted for me," then i agree with him on most of it.

Rew, SuperWatto and Juliet316 like this.
  14. SuperWatto

Sep 19, 2000
    Thanks. I think he means "I".

15. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    also true. maybe "i, a 70 year old who reads more awkwardly than floyd mayweather and can't structure a sentence, until 20 seconds ago"

good grief. watching him hulking awkwardly over that podium next to macron. ugh. murica.

Juliet316 and SuperWatto like this.
  16. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    relevant tweet:

[​IMG]

17. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    This supports my belief that Daddy bought his education. Picture Billy Madison.

Either he was Chinese and his name is really Jesus Huang, or he's black and owes an Apostle twelve dollars.

Mortimer Snerd and Vaderize03 like this.
  18. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    IDK if all the stuff like "Frederick Douglass is an example of somebody who’s done an amazing job and is being recognized more and more, I notice" counts. There's a lot to choose from.

19. unicorn

unicorn Chosen One star 4

Jan 19, 2001
    Relevant: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/14/...-conservatives.html?smid=fb-nytimes&smtyp=cur

WASHINGTON — Years before the words “collusion” and “Russian hacking” became associated with President Vladimir V. Putin, some prominent Republicans found far more laudatory ways to talk about the Russian leader.

“Putin decides what he wants to do, and he does it in half a day,” Rudolph W. Giuliani, the former New York mayor and longtime friend and adviser to President Trump, gushed in 2014.
    Mr. Putin was worthy of the Nobel Peace Prize, K. T. McFarland said in 2013, before going on to serve a brief and ill-fated stint as Mr. Trump’s deputy national security adviser.

20. SuperWatto

Sep 19, 2000
    They're conservative. There was a time in the early 2000s when nobody knew yet how devious Putin would be, so he was given the same courtesy as Yeltsin. The Republicans are just 15 years behind.

21. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    Meh, the only Jesus I know for sure existed used to work with me and we called him Chuy.

Yoda's_Roomate likes this.
  22. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    It's not so much ideological affinity as it is just partisan hatred at work here. Yes, there are some people who subscribe to that idea of "Christian civilization", but probably not that many. Rather it's that Fox News has been whipping up all that antipathy against liberals for decades and people have had their minds marinating in all that propaganda for so long that they really do not give a s---. These people were willing to elect Donald Trump...they're willing to defend him, and they don't regret their votes one bit. Why? Because liberals are just that terrible, according to Fox News. There's certainly people who recognize that kind of propaganda for what it is, but there'a also a lot of people who don't...and at this point the latter have been drinking the Kool-Aid for so long that they're beyond saving.

Valairy Scot and V-2 like this.
  23. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    darth-sinister : I think it's been documented that Fred Trump bought his son's education, not sure about at Wharton but definitely at the prep school; that Donald would not have been able to get away with either his behavior or his grades otherwise. I need to find the source on that though.

ETA: Two sources on his college years:

http://www.thedp.com/article/2015/08/donald-trump-wharton-classmates

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-donald-trump-myths-20160128-story.html

And one on his childhood:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/life...58e76e11b12_story.html?utm_term=.c191f544c9b5

(I could almost have some pity for him here. Fred was a first-class ***hole.)

Alpha-Red : Yeah, the idea that any negative news must be "fake" has been going on for awhile, which is why I always ask for the news source that both criticizes Trump and is considered legitimate.

Juliet316 likes this.
  24. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    So Trump told reporters he just found out about that meeting two or three days ago. And while that was previously off the record, he wanted it on the record. So, I am taking bets on how long before they find proof he knew about that meeting well before two or three days ago given the timeline of his public statements during that period. That'll be a fun lie to watch him backtrack.

Artoo-Dion and Juliet316 like this.
  25. SuperWatto

Sep 19, 2000
    Guys I realized something hilarious.
    So Trump JR. got an email that promised dirt on Hillary. He went to have the talk, but supposedly had to listen to stuff about adoptions and some Russian law.
    He's the victim of a Russian email scam! Only the Russian bride in this case is Hillary dirt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.